Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

I often would message people outside Dublin. The distance wouldn't bother me at all. went out with a kk lad before. Though cork is a but far away, anywhere within a 2 hour drive :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

Distance would bother me - at first it's fine but if things turn into more regular dating, then I like to live close enough that you can see each other midweek or make your work commute from their place and vice versa without too much hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Distance would bother me - at first it's fine but if things turn into more regular dating, then I like to live close enough that you can see each other midweek or make your work commute from their place and vice versa without too much hassle.

I'm with 2 miles on this one..

I've had 2 ex's from a fair distance away, one was Galway, the other was Cork (I'm Leixlip) The Cork one was before the motorway opened but we still made a right go of it, if i didn't go down at weekend, she'd come up. But it still eventually got to be too much.

The Galway Girl wouldn't/couldn't travel up so that lasted only a few months until i got a bit pissed off with doing all the distance running and meeting up with her friends and her not wanting to come up and meet mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭looky loo

been following this thread for awhile now, so decided to join pof....not the experience i was expecting, does anyone find someone on this site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

looky loo wrote: »
    been following this thread for awhile now, so decided to join pof....not the experience i was expecting, does anyone find someone on this site?

I was on pof for a short time didn't like it, just joined okc and it seems much better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭looky loo

I was on pof for a short time didn't like it, just joined okc and it seems much better.

thanks....can I just ask whats okc? does it cover Ireland?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

okcupid, yep it covers ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Been keeping an eye on this thread, out of curiosity.

Decided was time to get myself back out there, so threw up a profile on PoF and OKC :o

No pic, fear of the ex seeing it >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

and ive had the opposite effect! :rolleyes:

there wasnt much choice from my part of the country on okc, so went back on POF and have had a bit of better luck :P :D

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Been keeping an eye on this thread, out of curiosity.

Decided was time to get myself back out there, so threw up a profile on PoF and OKC :o

No pic, fear of the ex seeing it >.<

i had that discussion a few pages back about pics. and even thou i agree with alot of ppl saying its better to have pics up, i was discovering that theres alot from work on there :eek: so took my pic down. i just have to make more of an effort, send most of the mails first with a pic ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

liz2 wrote: »
    i had that discussion a few pages back about pics. and even thou i agree with alot of ppl saying its better to have pics up, i was discovering that theres alot from work on there :eek: so took my pic down. i just have to make more of an effort, send most of the mails first with a pic ;)

But if you see someone else there, they see you. What's the problem? More and more people are using internet dating these days. It's nothing to be ashamed of really. Before I deleted my account, my brother came up as a match. We have never spoken of it. :o :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Larianne wrote: »
    But if you see someone else there, they see you. What's the problem? More and more people are using internet dating these days. It's nothing to be ashamed of really. Before I deleted my account, my brother came up as a match. We have never spoken of it. :o :pac:

hahaha

anyone got a banjo?!

hahaha

anyone got a banjo?!

:confused:

:confused:

in deliverance, that disturbing movie where some fellas were lost in the back end of beyond, there were some disturbing inbred looking fellas playing the banjo.
    a lighter version is this

Oh right. okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Oh right. okay.

Jeez Larianne, that one went RIGHT over your head!!!:D

gatecrash wrote: »
    Jeez Larianne, that one went RIGHT over your head!!!:D

Leave me alone. :o

ok, how about this one...

and she had come on to give me advice :)

love the banjo thou :P

I'm not watching those videos.

So any dates this week-end people? (I know I've now off the sites but this thread is good fun!)

• Advertisement

no, im only getting started :pac:

That's okay. It takes a while to get into the swing of it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

So any dates this week-end people? (I know I've now off the sites but this thread is good fun!)

You seeing someone now or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Suspended the aul account. Why'd you drop out of it?

Samich wrote: »
    You seeing someone now or what?
    Suspended the aul account. Why'd you drop out of it?

No no. I just got tired of getting my hopes up meeting guys who I ended up not having a spark with. I might go back to it some day. Not having much luck with RL dating either. :cool:

larianne, meet hyperbullet.

hyperbullet, meet larianne!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

No no. I just got tired of getting my hopes up meeting guys who I ended up not having a spark with. I might go back to it some day. Not having much luck with RL dating either. :cool:

You must have high standards :P Rightly so. :)
    I'm having no luck anywhere, not that I can properly say I've tried IRL. I want to so bad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

I may have my first date if the girl I'm messaging actually logs back into PoF and reads my email :D I asked her out for a coffee and she agreed, I sent her a mail asking when's good for her and she hasn't logged back onto the site in about 5 days! And it was 2 weeks before she logged back onto the site to read my mail asking her out! What gives? As selfish as it sounds I'm gonna persevere just to break my duck of no dates, otherwise I wouldn't be bothered!

So have you been tempted to re-activate any of your accounts? Betcha ya have! :p

larianne, meet hyperbullet.

hyperbullet, meet larianne!

I already have! :pac:
    Samich wrote: »
    You must have high standards :P Rightly so. :)
    I'm having no luck anywhere, not that I can properly say I've tried IRL. I want to so bad though.

Not really. Plus, it's not just me who is saying "thanks, but no thanks!".

• Advertisement

IT-Guy wrote: »
    I may have my first date if the girl I'm messaging actually logs back into PoF and reads my email :D I asked her out for a coffee and she agreed, I sent her a mail asking when's good for her and she hasn't logged back onto the site in about 5 days! And it was 2 weeks before she logged back onto the site to read my mail asking her out! What gives? As selfish as it sounds I'm gonna persevere just to break my duck of no dates, otherwise I wouldn't be bothered!

So have you been tempted to re-activate any of your accounts? Betcha ya have! :p

Get a number off her!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement