Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Larianne wrote: »
    Leave me alone. :o

It's just a sign of our depravity that we all got it straight away, that's all! ;)

My self enforced hiatus came to an end this week and found myself back on okc and AF. Not gonna bother with POF, think my mail to reply ratio was something like 50 - 1, and even my optimism gets fed up with those odds!! :)

No dates this weekend. Got a couple of replies off of someone nice on AF though, in the middle of the wait-n-see game with her.... as in waiting to see if she'll reply to the last mail!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I can't even find any more people to mail. I've sent a pic with my mails aswell. I'm mailing people all over the country. No replies.

gatecrash wrote: »
    It's just a sign of our depravity that we all got it straight away, that's all! ;)

My self enforced hiatus came to an end this week and found myself back on okc and AF. Not gonna bother with POF, think my mail to reply ratio was something like 50 - 1, and even my optimism gets fed up with those odds!! :)

No dates this weekend. Got a couple of replies off of someone nice on AF though, in the middle of the wait-n-see game with her.... as in waiting to see if she'll reply to the last mail!! :D

What's AF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Samich wrote: »
    What's AF?

Anotherfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

larianne, meet hyperbullet.

hyperbullet, meet larianne!

You should be down in Lisdoonvarna plying your trade!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

You should be down in Lisdoonvarna plying your trade!

my talents are just wasted in dublin!

maybe i'll go out later and just tap random girls on the shoulder, point at some fella in the distance and ask the girls if they'll score with the fellas. cheap entertainment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

my talents are just wasted in dublin!

maybe i'll go out later and just tap random girls on the shoulder, point at some fella in the distance and ask the girls if they'll score with the fellas. cheap entertainment!

Be like a youth disco all over again! Also, I've met Larianne. Don't think she could handle my raw Clare charm :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I reckon just go for it - So, hey, fancy meeting up sometime - in whatever is your own style :P If she says yes then I'd exchange number/facebook, though some people do it the other way round. Definitely suggest soon. There seems to be a statute of limitations on people's interest once contact is made.

Cheers, she only replied to my last message yesterday, I think I will ask her soon. I am a bit wary though; the site I met her on isn't strictly a dating site. I'm sure a few of ye know of Tagged.com (a god awful site for horny teens it seems; but I've managed to get talking to a few nice mid-20's folk on there, that's a few more than on POF or OKC)

Just out of interest, what do we reckon the 'statue of limitations on peoples' interest' is? A couple of days? weeks???

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Be like a youth disco all over again! Also, I've met Larianne. Don't think she could handle my raw Clare charm :pac:

For sure!
    dceire wrote: »
    Cheers, she only replied to my last message yesterday, I think I will ask her soon. I am a bit wary though; the site I met her on isn't strictly a dating site. I'm sure a few of ye know of Tagged.com (a god awful site for horny teens it seems; but I've managed to get talking to a few nice mid-20's folk on there, that's a few more than on POF or OKC)

Just out of interest, what do we reckon the 'statue of limitations on peoples' interest' is? A couple of days? weeks???

Ah, if you're on a dating site you really should be aiming to meet up with someone within the first 2-3 weeks of contact. You have to remember that you probably won't be the only person who is mailing the girl and those penpal type scenarios get a bit boring and by then someone else comes along. No point dragging it out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I just signed up to OKC for shíts and giggles, is it me or are 95% of the women bisexual?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

is it me or are 95% of the women bisexual?

It certainly seems that way, they're just been greedy.

It's hard enough for some of us on there, without the bi ladies taking our jobs and taking our wimmen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

I'm not watching those videos.

So any dates this week-end people? (I know I've now off the sites but this thread is good fun!)

None this weekend but things are definitely looking up, I've one lined up and another seems to be very closer. Happy camper right here.

Larianne i'm pretty sure it was you who you told me to persevere when I was about to thorw in the towel so these two are partly your success :D
    I just signed up to OKC for shíts and giggles, is it me or are 95% of the women bisexual?

It's hard enough for some of us on there, without the bi ladies taking our jobs and taking our wimmen!

Yeah a few weeks, beyond a month is probably the no go zone.

& some of us are straight!

How in the name of god do ya find people in your area? hard I think. Also what age are most, don't think there's any early 20's on it?

Got a mail of a guy in Turkey today, it was the longest one I've got yet, all about how beautiful I was, was rightly chuffed with myself (i was ignoring how fake it was) then I got to the bit about my stunning blonde locks.....I'm brunette....I MEAN COME ON, he could have at least copied and pasted the brunette mail to me.

None this weekend but things are definitely looking up, I've one lined up and another seems to be very closer. Happy camper right here.

Larianne i'm pretty sure it was you who you told me to persevere when I was about to thorw in the towel so these two are partly your success :D

Yeah a few weeks, beyond a month is probably the no go zone.

& some of us are straight!

What's supposed to happen when no one finds you attractive? :o

What's supposed to happen when no one finds you attractive? :o

I'm sure someone finds you attractive... my advice: change your approach because what your doing now is clearly not working. I know you're worried about the pic thing so mail a photo with your first mail and say why you don't have one on public, maybe have an overhaul of your profile, and if your not already talk about the girls profile in the first mail.

I'm sure someone finds you attractive... my advice: change your approach because what your doing now is clearly not working. I know you're worried about the pic thing so mail a photo with your first mail and say why you don't have one on public, maybe have an overhaul of your profile, and if your not already talk about the girls profile in the first mail.

I have been mailing a pic first time, no replies. I've tried everything. I have loads of info on my page, no point having too much on it either. Ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Got the strangest mail on pof the other night, still not recovered after it! Some people just send the weirdest messages!:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

newbee22 wrote: »
    Got the strangest mail on pof the other night, still not recovered after it! Some people just send the weirdest messages!:eek::eek::eek:

Do share :)

Oh good for you!

Like I said to Liz before, it takes a while to get into the swing of it and figuring out what approach works for you. Glad to hear you are getting some success at the dates. :)

• Advertisement

I have been mailing a pic first time, no replies. I've tried everything. I have loads of info on my page, no point having too much on it either. Ah well

Maybe have someone have a look over your profile and give you advice on changes??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭looky loo

POF mail tonite consisted of lots of 30yr olds mailing me......im 45....!!...I am going to die alone..........and the worst of it is.....I hate cats!!!!!!!...:)

Maybe have someone have a look over your profile and give you advice on changes??

I've asked people I've mailed who've rejected me, they've said nothing wrong with it, Maybe it's because I'm so young.

I'll try and find it there, not sure if I deleted it though , it was from a like 59 year old and I'm 24, from the message it seemed like the lights were on but there was noone home!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

newbee22 wrote: »
    I'll try and find it there, not sure if I deleted it though , it was from a like 59 year old and I'm 24, from the message it seemed like the lights were on but there was noone home!

Fair enough, I get the idea!

Got a mail of a guy in Turkey today, it was the longest one I've got yet, all about how beautiful I was, was rightly chuffed with myself (i was ignoring how fake it was) then I got to the bit about my stunning blonde locks.....I'm brunette....I MEAN COME ON, he could have at least copied and pasted the brunette mail to me.

oooh. erm.. me truly sorry. forgiveness please?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

But if you see someone else there, they see you. What's the problem? More and more people are using internet dating these days. It's nothing to be ashamed of really. Before I deleted my account, my brother came up as a match. We have never spoken of it. :o :pac:

I'd be a private person by nature.

It's got nothing to with internet dating and the stigma. They are online after all, so it's got nothing to do with that.

They just don't want their picture public. A picture has to be exchanged at some stage so I don't see the big deal.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

oooh. erm.. me truly sorry. forgiveness please?

That's ok my love, I forgive, when can I wire transfer the money so you can come see me ?

That's ok my love, I forgive, when can I wire transfer the money so you can come see me ?

ooh, today if posseeeeble. also, my brother need operation to put arm back on. you must send 10,000 euro thank you please. horrible fight with bear. bear win.

• Advertisement

I can't find the message from the 59 year old:(:(Devestated!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement