Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Let's hope so, but you can click no when they ask if you want the person to know you've 'favourited' them, why not do it on the sly?

Didn't know you could do that! And ive actually just checked and i have no one in my "favourites"...so i'm less creepy then i thought :P

When you rate someone do they know you've rated them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

usually add someone to favorites if I am low on time and plan to mail them later. it is the site that sends the mail out.

i think the girls are confusing creepiness with laziness :) I'm about 70% lazy 30% creepy myself

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I too have added people to favorites more to bookmark them for possible later messaging than for "creepy" reasons. Didn't know they got messages when you did it till a week later <_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

Didn't know you could do that! And ive actually just checked and i have no one in my "favourites"...so i'm less creepy then i thought :P

When you rate someone do they know you've rated them?

if you do it on their profile they do, if you do on quickmatch and rate the person either 4 or 5 they get an email saying "someone chose you" then you can go and do quickmatch and if you both rate each other 4 or 5 they'll let you know you like each other. But if you rate less than that they won't know.
    i think the girls are confusing creepiness with laziness :) I'm about 70% lazy 30% creepy myself

Laziness makes sense, maybe creepy was the wrong word, probably putting it in terms of myself, i never click the "yes" button when it asks if I want them to know I've added them.

To my knowledge none of those lads who've favourited me have ever got round to mailing me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Is it just me or do all, if not the majority of women on dating sites have serious issues or a lot of baggage ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

KTRIC wrote: »
    Is it just me or do all, if not the majority of women on dating sites have serious issues or a lot of baggage ??

Ah you will have to provide examples!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Dovies wrote: »
    Ah you will have to provide examples!

I've dated a couple and they were over clingy and too analytic of my behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Bagagge - as in they are all mad for commitment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

KTRIC wrote: »

In the women i've met up with i can only say there's only been one who had serious issues. I won't say i've been hugely prolific on my dating either, but one out of the handful i've been out with is no where near a majority, probably about 10%.

Which is probably lower than women you might meet up with in a club/pub situation.

And probably a lot lower than the baggage us blokes on the sites have!! :D

Bagagge - as in they are all mad for commitment!

going by your user name i'm gonna assume you are in late 20's.... give it another few years, you might want the same commitment the women are 'all mad for'....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Everyone has baggage in some shape or another...

^

+1 on this

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Especially as you get older and have bad relationship experiences, been hurt/screwed around. It's only natural that people will be cautious.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Think I have exhausted all possibilities on OKC and am now just checking the new joiners to the site. :o
    Is anyone using Match.com, is it worth paying for? I joined up last night but didn't realised you can't read mails etc without paying for subscription....

Think I have exhausted all possibilities on OKC and am now just checking the new joiners to the site. :o
    Is anyone using Match.com, is it worth paying for? I joined up last night but didn't realised you can't read mails etc without paying for subscription....

Dunno about match, never tried it, but AnotherFriend isn't the worst. They make you wait to reply to mails if you are not a paid user and have (very poor) limits in place to stop you giving contact details to someone as a non paid member. But they are simple to get around!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

aaaaaarrrgggghhhhh. Anyone want to look at my profile to see what they think? Pm me please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Wolflikeme wrote: »
    Just mail her later and don't bother with that?

It is handy for storing their username. and also handy for reminding you to message them. usually delete from favorites once they have been messaged

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Stay away from match.com it is crap.

The site is slow and clunky, the selection on it is rubbish as well. Closing your account is next to impossible and they will do an automatic renewal of your subscription you will end up paying more than you intended originally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

have u tried POF ? theres a wider choice on there

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Stay away from match.com it is crap.

The site is slow and clunky, the selection on it is rubbish as well. Closing your account is next to impossible and they will do an automatic renewal of your subscription you will end up paying more than you intended originally.

Yes my friend was on this site and she said she had to ring them up to cancel her account!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 irish_eyes

You will find normal people in online dating and you will find creeps, just like real life! give it a go! plenty of fish is a great site,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

gatecrash wrote: »
    going by your user name i'm gonna assume you are in late 20's.... give it another few years, you might want the same commitment the women are 'all mad for'....

Ah I was just kidding, isn't that the purpose of dating - looking for someone to commit too.

Ah I was just kidding, isn't that the purpose of dating - looking for someone to commit too.

oops.... my bad!!

Apologies!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

I've just switched in the other direction, was on match and now on OKC. If you do decide to pay, the big advantage I found was that there didn't seem to be a big overlap between the guys on both sites. The price doesn't bother me - same price as a few drinks with a much higher likelihood of getting a few dates compared to a night out.

The other people who commented on cancelling / automatic subscription renewal have a point, match really do try to keep you once you join. But if you read the small print when signing up there shouldn't be a problem. (I always read the small print, it's one of my favourite hobbies. No, I don't get how I'm still single either. ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Well balls to it, looks like I'm back in the game... [sigh] :( Oh well at least there's some new choices to peruse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I reckon just go for it - So, hey, fancy meeting up sometime - in whatever is your own style :P If she says yes then I'd exchange number/facebook, though some people do it the other way round. Definitely suggest soon. There seems to be a statute of limitations on people's interest once contact is made.

I think I've scared her off. I asked her if she might want to meet up sometime and not a word for almost 3 days; she's been online everyday. Prior to that message we were exchanging messages almost daily. I wouldn't mind but she was the one to contact me initially. Bloody wimmen! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

Just got my first internet proposal, so I should probably stop visiting this thread. You're all invited to the wedding!

dceire wrote: »
    I think I've scared her off. I asked her if she might want to meet up sometime and not a word for almost 3 days; she's been online everyday. Prior to that message we were exchanging messages almost daily. I wouldn't mind but she was the one to contact me initially. Bloody wimmen! :D

some 'wimmen' or men prefer to just mail or see it as a 'penpal' site :rolleyes:

Just got my first internet proposal, so I should probably stop visiting this thread. You're all invited to the wedding!

lol :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Hopefully I can find a date for it!!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement