Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

Just got my first internet proposal, so I should probably stop visiting this thread. You're all invited to the wedding!
    newbee22 wrote: »
    Hopefully I can find a date for it!!:D

The one thing I wouldn't worry about if finding something special to wear. My new husband-to-be isn't wearning a shirt in his profile pic, so I imagine we'd go pretty casual for the dress code on the day. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

So considering the amount of posters in here and the fact that everyone uses the same sites, has anyone ever been matched up with fellow boardsies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

So considering the amount of posters in here and the fact that everyone uses the same sites, has anyone ever been matched up with fellow boardsies?

well according to the 'where did you meet your other half' poll over in the ladies lounge, there has been a few! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

I was before I joined boards (when i was still a lurker), i'm a total weirdo for figuring out, thought he was brilliant to be honest....few days later he posted in here saying he'd found someone (not me) :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

How do you all recognise if its a fellow boardsie or not?? I could have talked to some of you but wouldn't know tbh, surely it's not a question that would come up?
    I am gonna ask the next guy I chat to if he's a boardsie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

The amount of emails okc sends is stupid.. every time i get one i get a little excited and then... ohh look it's Chris bloody Coyne again! Feck off Chris, But on the plus side someone just gave me high marks :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I wonder why boards don't have a dating section. There seems to be a demand for it. Perhaps this question has been asked before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Sky King wrote: »
    I wonder why boards don't have a dating section. There seems to be a demand for it. Perhaps this question has been asked before.

I dunno. But when you look at the posters on this thread it's (mostly) the same people, so a dating service offered by the site would probably need to piggyback on a dedicated dating site, otherwise it'd be a fairly small group of potential dates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Sky King wrote: »

Its been brought up many times and the powers that be have knocked it back every time.

I think the main reason is that the potential for abuse/stalking is huge if dates dont go well,if someone was to ignore a mail etc.

• Advertisement

Its been brought up many times and the powers that be have knocked it back every time.

I think the main reason is that the potential for abuse/stalking is huge if dates dont go well,if someone was to ignore a mail etc.

Oh that's just great Otis, totally ignore my mail on it....

:p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

think i have messaged every suitable female on POF. the rest I did not take a shine to. and it is the same heads on OKC by the look of it.

Hoping for something new and interesting on both sites.

As to boardsies. the first horrific date I had mentioned that she had a boards.ie account, though it was not used that much.

some of my male interests have disappeared, hmm :rolleyes:
    but chatting to 2 new guys now, so lets see where this goes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

right, i bit the bullet! lets see how this goes....if only i can come up with some half decent info about myself for the profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

liz2 wrote: »
    some of my male interests have disappeared, hmm :rolleyes:
    but chatting to 2 new guys now, so lets see where this goes :p

Good luck liz! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

uglyjohn wrote: »
    right, i bit the bullet! lets see how this goes....if only i can come up with some half decent info about myself for the profile.
    I hope you didn't go with your own username?

For the record, the username ''showusyourtits'' is available, and I very nearly went for it, but decided against it at the last second.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

same name and used my avatar as my picture.....she'll have to love me for who i am ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Marcus_Crassus

Right, I got a date for Thursday night. We have decided to just play pool for a while.

Anybody know anywhere nice in town (Dublin :P) to play a few games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

Right, I got a date for Thursday night. We have decided to just play pool for a while.

Anybody know anywhere nice in town (Dublin :P) to play a few games?

Break for the Border have loads of pool tables - don't know what it's like in the evenings though, I've only played on Saturday afternoons.

Great first date idea btw, I'm totally stealing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Marcus_Crassus

Thanks Narnia, I will check it out!

Yeah, it's a nice chilled out date with no pressure and a bit of craic! I went to play pool with a different girl -- obviously not in town, or I would know where to go :P -- and, although nothing came of it, it was a great laugh!

• Advertisement

Great first date idea btw, I'm totally stealing it!

gosh i cudnt play pool for a first date :eek:
    im the oul reliable coffee or drink person...but maybe i cud brave it out for the 2nd or 3rd ;) (oh, i have to actually find the date first.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Cool idea MC,once you dont do

this

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

whats happening here then? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Arm wrestling! Want a game!! YOU WILL LOSE!

Misticles wrote: »
    whats happening here then? :)

What's happening? What's happening is that all women are bloody MAD!!

I got my first POF reply in an absolute age last night.

The mail I sent her?

"I've spent time writing mails after looking at peoples profiles and actually showing an interest in them. And they've been ignored, so with you I'm going to try something different if that's ok? Minimal effort.

You are bloody gorgeous

Write back if you want"

AND THAT BLOODY WORKED!!!

Mental. The whole freaking lot of ye!!!

:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Jenna69

When guys are sending you pics why do they always look as if they have just had an argument with someone, face like thunder. Why can't they send a pic of themselves smiling or at the very least looking happy :confused::confused:
    I'd say 90% of pics i get are like this! I don't want to meet a guy that looks like he sulks all the time lol. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Ye I only like smiley ones too! Your trying to get a date here not scare people off :D

Kudos on the reply gc! Gonna use that mail from now on are ya?

Misticles wrote: »
    Kudos on the reply gc! Gonna use that mail from now on are ya?

Can't really, I'd hate to get a copy and paste mail myself!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

uglyjohn wrote: »
    same name and used my avatar as my picture.....she'll have to love me for who i am ;)

Bet that gets reported and deleted before long!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Ok joined match.com. 25 winks already!!!! Think I will bask in the glory until the interest dries up and I am left alone again :(

Question for the guys, do you honestly appreciate a woman emailing you first/asking you on a date first? I've tried it a couple of times and got no reply so that's put me off a bit.
    Is the snapping turtle approach better? ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement