Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

The Gnome wrote: »
    Or people who think the Earth is bigger than the Sun...
    Haven't come across any of those yet, I'd probably message them just to tell them they're wrong.

I did come across for the first time one person who thinks creationism should be taught in schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Haven't come across any of those yet, I'd probably message them just to tell them they're wrong.

I did come across for the first time one person who thinks creationism should be taught in schools.

I have to resist that urge sometimes.

Regarding the creationism I saw my first "Evolution has no place being taught in schools" answer yesterday. Luckily it was someone from Texas who had browsed my profile.

I think some of the questions are a great way to find out if you have fundamental differences with someone who might otherwise seem great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Does anyone take notice of the questions on OKC? I'm finding myself put off by a lot of people based on their answers, a surprising number of women would prefer to have a child with a person of the same ethnicity as themselves! I mean... wtf!?

Wasn't the only options to that question yes or no? there was no it doesn't matter. A lot of the questions are pretty stupid and don't have proper choices for answers.
    I wouldn't pay too much attention to the answers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Wasn't the only options to that question yes or no? there was no it doesn't matter. A lot of the questions are pretty stupid and don't have proper choices for answers.
    I wouldn't pay too much attention to the answers.

In that case, "no" would equal "it doesn't matter".

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Does anyone take notice of the questions on OKC? I'm finding myself put off by a lot of people based on their answers, a surprising number of women would prefer to have a child with a person of the same ethnicity as themselves! I mean... wtf!?

What's wrong with that? It's a preference - nothing more nothing less. I would say I would have a preference to have a child with a person of the same ethnicity as myself. That's not to say if I met the man of my dreams who was of different ethnicity that I wouldn't want children with him.

• Advertisement

In that case, "no" would equal "it doesn't matter".

Or it could mean you'd prefer to have a child with someone of a different ethnicity, There should be a doesn't matter option .. well thats what i think alls in anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Or it could mean you'd prefer to have a child with someone of a different ethnicity, There should be a doesn't matter option .. well thats what i think alls in anyways.

Just looked at the exact wording and available answers again. There is a "this would not be important to me" option.

Just looked at the exact wording and available answers again. There is a "this would not be important to me" option.

I guess my memory is failing me! in that case i probably would be put off girls that said yes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What's wrong with that? It's a preference - nothing more nothing less. I would say I would have a preference to have a child with a person of the same ethnicity as myself. That's not to say if I met the man of my dreams who was of different ethnicity that I wouldn't want children with him.
    If there's nothing wrong with it then why are you posting anonymously?

There is a doesn't matter option, that's what I chose.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭inexperienced

I think those questions are just for a bit of laugh. I pressed a lot of them 'not important to me' but be warned by the site that if I always answered like that, they cant help me find out the best match.......

I dont suggest to take those answers seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I love how people on this thread are now using the term 'the snapping turtle" approach - a term I coined. :)
    Hopefully one day i will get my own wiki page, like Poe's Law or Godwin's Law....

Logged in to POF seconds after posting that last post. Just got a new mail.

....and you all doubted the snapping turtle!

snapper_1.jpg&sa=X&ei=nThDTpjdFsKKhQeyj_zLCQ&ved=0CAcQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHdOYUTD9xqdbvei3ledZKcKEM1_g

edit: Just a "how are you?" message from an empty profile with no pic. False alarm :(

Galvasean wrote: »

edit: Just a "how are you?" message from an empty profile with no pic. False alarm :(

Same user wanted to start a private chat. Fair enough, no harm in being persistent I suppose. She sent me a few pics too.
    Now here's the tricky bit. She keeps asking me what do i think? Keep changing subject. Keeps asking :o
    I REALLY don't want to tell someone I don't find them attractive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Same user wanted to start a private chat. Fair enough, no harm in being persistent I suppose. She sent me a few pics too.
    Now here's the tricky bit. She keeps asking me what do i think? Keep changing subject. Keeps asking :o

The "you seem nice but, sorry, you're not what i'm looking for" answer is about the only way out of this i'm afraid..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Try saying something nice about her clothes but not her? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

gatecrash wrote: »
    The "you seem nice but, sorry, you're not what i'm looking for" answer is about the only way out of this i'm afraid..

Yep afraid so. Or just stop communicating! Only 2 choices there are really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

What a weird thing to ask. I can't decide if she's super arrogant or super insecure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

What a weird thing to ask. I can't decide if she's super arrogant or super insecure.

Isn't the first normally only a symptom of the second?

Anyone ever have any good experiences from that OKC rating thing? Got an email this morning to say 'one of these people rated you highly'. It was quite easy to hell who it was as she was the only person to view my page in the last few days :pac:
    Turns out it was a girl I viewed last night. Didn't send a mail as I was sleepy, she replies very selectively and sounds a bit picky (great sense of comedy though). So this morning I went ahead and gave her a high rating. Sure enough OKC mails me saying we both rated each other highly and should get in contact, so I sent her a mail.
    Now to see if this feature is worth it's salt...

PS: deleted A&E girl from my Facebook last night. She's always online but never makes any effort to get in contact. Last status update she made says she feels sick.... HAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

I saw this on a (man's) profile:
    I am looking for something leading to a long term thingy. Kids are required, I make'em you bake'em.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

Lon Dubh wrote: »

Oh chortle.

i love those witty ones.

Even though that one isn't bad... just not something you should have as a dating site intro.

gatecrash wrote: »
    Oh chortle.

i love those witty ones.

Even though that one isn't bad... just not something you should have as a dating site intro.

The rest of the profile isn't much better I am afraid :rolleyes:. I would hope it was a joke profile but from the tone of some of it I think it might be a real profile (if full of self-delusion)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

I am looking for something leading to a long term thingy. Kids are required, I make'em you bake'em.

Don't be hogging all the good ones to yourself! Sounds like just my type, send him my way. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

So is this whole online dating thing just a game of numbers?

Been floating around many profiles and dropping mails to the good ones, tis only been like 3 days and only got a couple lame replies, am i too impatient? :)

Don't be hogging all the good ones to yourself! Sounds like just my type, send him my way. ;)

I will be generous and give up my claim on him and pass him on to you :D. You will be delighted to hear that he is good at everything, apparently.

Xios wrote: »
    So is this whole online dating thing just a game of numbers?

Been floating around many profiles and dropping mails to the good ones, tis only been like 3 days and only got a couple lame replies, am i too impatient? :)

Yes, the rest of us have been torturing ourselves for far longer than that :D I haven't been doing it too long myself but I find I do it for a little while, get bored so stop (not deleting myself, but just stopping looking), and then try again.

You will be delighted to hear that he is good at everything.

Like the rest of us blokes then! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

seen a few ladies "I want a baby, you don't have to help bring the baby up."

and another "I want a babe in my tummy, I had heartache early in the year and all I want is a baby of my own."

:(

Samich wrote: »
    seen a few ladies "I want a baby, you don't have to help bring the baby up."

and another "I want a babe in my tummy, I had heartache early in the year and all I want is a baby of my own."

:(

You REALLY need to stop mixing Adult Friend Finder up with the other sites!! :D:p;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Currently chatting to a newbie :) Same age for once and in the same area roughly :) Have to exchange pics yet though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement