Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

looky loo wrote: »
    and I would say everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Yep but you see here's the flip side, You are a female you no what you want... (maybe)

Were as most women don't they go out bad boys needy guys blah blah Now in my opinion women between the ages of 16 and 30 99% have no idea what they want in a man....

Its only after enough experence with men do they decide what they want...

i think its fair to say.... :)

I realise I may come of quite abrupt I'm sorry but from what I've found the man who can make a woman laugh is going to have a better chance then the more serious person...

apolgies fro coming of a little abrupt.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yes, but what you might think is funny, someone else might not feel the same.

(I know what your humour is like! :pac: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭looky loo

Yep but you see here's the flip side, You are a female you no what you want... (maybe)

Were as most women don't they go out bad boys needy guys blah blah Now in my opinion women between the ages of 16 and 30 99% have no idea what they want in a man....

I realise I may come of quite abrupt I'm sorry but from what I've found the man who can make a woman laugh is going to have a better chance then the more serious person...

No apology needed, Im older than the age group you mentioned so my idea of what appeals to me, might not appeal to someone younger. I know what I want. :)

Larianne wrote: »
    Yes, but what you might think is funny, someone else might not feel the same.

(I know what your humour is like! :pac: )

My humour is determined bye the people around me at any one time... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

must not be working if ur still single LOL

• Advertisement

must not be working if ur still single LOL

Funny thing is the fact that most of the people moaning in here are men and also moaning, about the fact they don't get replys...

Were in this thread have I moaned about not getting a reply, ooo the women of the world of women owe it to me to reply because i typed out a few words out.... .. The other things is I'm quite happy being single.. I just like to go on dates as it twere...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Snowie's right, so is Larianne and so is Lucky Loo

I write a cheeky message if i get the impression that the girl will get a giggle out of it from her profile.
    I'll write a semi serious one otherwise.

If i get a reply, well and good, lets take it from there.
    If not, move on.

If you are getting pissed off with the lack of reply, change your profile or even better take a break from the whole scene.

I was having a great chat with someone all weekend.... right up until the time she mentioned she didn't like dogs. At that stage i kinda felt obliged to point out that there are 2 of them living in my house with me!!

That was an hour ago, and up until then the replies had been coming thick and fast. Do i mind? A little bit. Am i gonna get disappointed or annoyed about it.... not no more.

Life's too short, Online Dating is a pain, but I'm still gonna come back for more!! :D

Oh course there's a non dog lady reply as soon as i post this thing.....grrrrs...... Not a runner, but feck it, i'll have a chat with her now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

The lst time i started complaining here i got loads of replies. when i went back so i start complaining again.!!!

It all depends on the type of woman in the profile. (nice or cheeky msg)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I think you mean thats the truth how you see it, from a womans perspective however, I wouldnt respond to a cheeky mail, I think most women would respond to someone taking the time to read their profile and referring to something she was interested in, in the mail.

I would reply to a cheeky mail cause I would see it as cheeky flirty! But that is just me!

Pembily wrote: »
    I would reply to a cheeky mail cause I would see it as cheeky flirty! But that is just me!

I wish i could dust my shoulders but i aint got any on :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Bit annoyed right now TBH, was talking to a girl earlier today and we were mailing back n' forth so she sends me a couple of 'more recent pics'. CLEARLY not the same person as in her profile pic. She's nowhere near as good looking as the one on her profiler. I'm also fairly certain she's lying about her age. Looks about forty (profile says early 20s).
    Maybe it's a sign that I'm a bit shallow but this pissed me off quite a bit and I wont be mailing her anymore. Way i see it is if they are blatantly lying on their profile whats the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 goldshoes

I would just like to say that I am now with my boyfriend a year and a half, we met online and we are mad about each other. I had no picture up on my profile and he just dropped me a mail simply saying "Hi how are you" and we took it from there. I sent him a picture privately and he asked me out straight away. We arranged to meet the following week and continued chatting to each other every day until we met up - this helped with us having stuff to talk about when we did meet so it wasn't awkward. This is no different than meeting someone on a night out, arranging a date with them for the following weekend and spending the week in between chatting by text or whatever.

I would also like to point out that before I met my BF, there was guys I met online that I liked and didn't like - who I replied to, who I didn't reply to and those who did the same to me. Its all part of the fun. It goes with the territory and again is no different than the people who you meet on a night out, everything seems great, texting away and then nothing! That has happened me plenty of times, but never stopped me trying again.

The fact of the matter is, it doesn't matter how or where you meet someone, its always trial and error and there will always be success and failure. Don't be disheartened by the bad ones as there is always a good one round the corner to take their place, you just have to keep looking until you find the person you click with.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Bit annoyed right now TBH, was talking to a girl earlier today and we were mailing back n' forth so she sends me a couple of 'more recent pics'. CLEARLY not the same person as in her profile pic. She's nowhere near as good looking as the one on her profiler. I'm also fairly certain she's lying about her age. Looks about forty (profile says early 20s).
    Maybe it's a sign that I'm a bit shallow but this pissed me off quite a bit and I wont be mailing her anymore. Way i see it is if they are blatantly lying on their profile whats the point?

Dont feel bad, I went on a first date with someone who said they were 40, and when they showed up they were 60, I nearly had heart failure, guy posted a picture of his son on his profile picture. Naturally, I left rapido.
    Dont know why people lie, its not as if you're eventually not going to meet them...crazy! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Wow really? Why do people do that? It seems quite pointless since you're going to see what they look like anyway when you meet up :P

Actually I heard of a similar story from a guy I went on an internet date with. He said when they met the woman in question looked much older in person and excused it by saying her friends told her she could pass for mid-twenties so she'd put up a photo from her twenties :eek:
    Dont feel bad, I went on a first date with someone who said they were 40, and when they showed up they were 60, I nearly had heart failure, guy posted a picture of his son on his profile picture. Naturally, I left rapido.
    Dont know why people lie, its not as if you're eventually not going to meet them...crazy! :confused:

A pic of his SON :eek: God, you poor thing. (what kind of an idiot/asshole would do that though?)

hollypink wrote: »
    Wow really? Why do people do that? It seems quite pointless since you're going to see what they look like anyway when you meet up :P

Actually I heard of a similar story from a guy I went on an internet date with. He said when they met the woman in question looked much older in person and excused it by saying her friends told her she could pass for mid-twenties so she'd put up a photo from her twenties :eek:

It seems rife. I spotted one of my exes on OKC. Her profiler was from when she was n transition Year n school. Bear in mind this woman was mid-late 20s. Granted she looked very young for her age and hadn't changed a huge amount facially in the decade+ since the photo was took, but still. She also shaved of a couple of years on her profile info too - of course :rolleyes:

No offfence but your taking online dating to serious. Its not the end of the world come on like lighten up...

I never go bye pictures....

• Registered Users Posts: 6 goldshoes

Oh and another thing you should try do if you arrange a date is try get them to add yo onto their FB page or see if they are on any social networking sites. Me and my BF did this in the lead up to our first date and I found it comforting that I could see aspects of his life that matched what he was telling me before we met. I could see there were members of his family on there, pics of his job rang through and I also got to see that he looked like what he said he did!! He always says now that he felt he practically knew me before we met from all the pics I had on my FB page. You can tell a lot about someone from the pictures they have of friends/family etc.
    Most single people these days are on some form of social networking site, so if someone is telling you they are not on anything like that even though they are online dating, that would raise concerns for me!!
    Just a thought!

No offfence but your taking online dating to serious. Its not the end of the world come on like lighten up...

Don't mind me, I'm just having a grumble because I feel like my time and energy has been wasted by an impostor.

*grumbles some more*

Don't mind me, I'm just having a grumble because I feel like my time and energy has been wasted by an impostor.

*grumbles some more*

No offense but I'm kinda getting sick Of YOU'RE ranting about there women ts fvcking relentless.... If something doesn't work, generally the concensus is fix it.

Instead of looking out ward, maybe it time you made some changes to you're self how you generally carry your self ,dress sense, hair cut all these things effect a womens opinion..

If you get this upset over some one you haven't even meet god help the poor woman that dumps you... Get a grip like.

Just gonna throw out a general question for everybody...
    No offense but I'm kinda getting sick Of YOU'RE ranting about there women ts fvcking relentless....

^^ Do other posters share this opinion of my postings/ramblings in this thread?
    If so I can take a break from posting here and/or only drop in when I'm in good form and/or have something positive to say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Caitlinn

Do other posters share this opinion of my postings/ramblings in this thread?
    If so I can take a break from posting here and/or only drop in when I'm in good form and/or have something positive to say.

I am a first time poster but I have been following this for a while. In my mind, the thread is about online dating as in the good points and the bad points. Don't see why you should stop sharing your experience.

Im sorry if i came of rude, man I know Im abrupt i always say the wrong thing in the worst way for that ... I can't really take it away...

But look waht im trying to say is risk it, change your hair cut change your clothing style, its new its different it might completely change things for you, and your approach go with it in a light hearted manor... :)

what have you got to loose

Im sorry if i came of rude, man I know Im abrupt i always say the wrong thing in the worst way for that ... I can't really take it away...

But look waht im trying to say is risk it, change your hair cut change your clothing style, its new its different it might completely change things for you, and your approach go with it in a light hearted manor... :)

what have you got to loose

WTF, you're saying he should change who he is so some people online might like him better? Seriously?

Caitlinn wrote: »
    WTF, you're saying he should change who he is so some people online might like him better? Seriously?

No im not saying anything Im suggesting...

Snow Monkey if you had taken the time to read Galvesans post you would realise that he is disappointed because someone lied to him. I suggest you take time to read previous posts before you decide to give people a make-over..

In answer to your post Galesans, stay where you are :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

No offense but I'm kinda getting sick Of YOU'RE ranting about there women ts fvcking relentless....

Have to agree with Caitlinn here. You give plenty of sound advice when you're not having a moan. The whole point of the thread is to rant whether that be happy or moaning rants.

Oh an snow the fact that you put that "you're" in capitals and it's wrong is so annoying, bad grammars never bothers me but it's in CAPITALS grumble

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

goldshoes wrote: »
    Oh and another thing you should try do if you arrange a date is try get them to add yo onto their FB page or see if they are on any social networking sites.
    Just a thought!

i'd be the opposite, my facespace is personal, and i'd never add someone who i hadn't met. fair enough if you want to find out more, but leave that til after you meet them.

to all the people complaining about not getting any replies, i was in a pub last night and was getting rumbles from the tummy, so had to obey. the only issue was choosing between ricks and zaytoons. so while i was walking away from the bar, i asked some girl out of the blue which she'd choose. she didn't even look sideways! like i didn't exist. ended up going to both.

No im not saying anything Im suggesting...

You're still SUGGESTING he change who he is to impress online people.

I get where he's coming from (but disagree). I don't think my sense of style (or lack therof :pac:) is holding me back. I mean, I get a reasonable bit of mail (average one to three a day when I'm active) so I dont think its my looks that are holding me back. It's the holding people's attention for more than a mail or two that seems to be the usual stumbling block. Some girls like my sensibilities/sense of humour. Many don't. I just have to roll with it and eventually something oughta stick.
    To quote The Miz "I'd rather you all hated me for who I am than loved me for being something I'm not."

• Advertisement

No worries man. I've known you as a poster for some time and you don't strike me as being rude.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement