Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Caitlinn

Galvasean wrote: »
    I get where he's coming from (but disagree). I don't think my sense of style (or lack therof :pac:) is holding me back. I mean, I get a reasonable bit of mail (average one to three a day when I'm active) so I dont think its my looks that are holding me back. It's the holding people's attention for more than a mail or two that seems to be the usual stumbling block. Some girls like my sensibilities/sense of humour. Many don't. I just have to roll with it and eventually something oughta stick.
    To quote The Miz "I'd rather you all hated me for who I am than loved me for being something I'm not."

You know, as great as online dating is (and it's paid off for me) don't put all your eggs in one basket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

looky loo wrote: »
    Snow Monkey if you had taken the time to read Galvesans post you would realise that he is disappointed because someone lied to him. I suggest you take time to read previous posts before you decide to give people a make-over..

I have but I can't see what the fuss is all over. I mean online datings like clowns come join .com Im not saying be disstrustfull but, always remain dubious of women on the dating sites... I'm not parinoid but I try to look at it as a bit of fun...

If you take it serious itle dent your personal confidance. People speak of the safety and conveanionce of online dating but it can and does, knock your ego a bit.

which is never nice

what im trying to say to galva is that if things arnt working maybe its time to make soem new changes the reason being when you make some changes things change and its never a bad thing i didnt mena it in a spite full way...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Caitlinn wrote: »
    You know, as great as online dating is (and it's paid off for me) don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Oh I haven't given up on IRL dating completely (despite that the last relationship I was in that started out IRL ended up being an unquantifiable, unmitigated disaster! :pac:)
    Last girl I was seeing was from online. I'm happy to say things ended quite amicably :)

Oh I haven't given up on IRL dating completely (despite that the last relationship I was in that started out IRL ended up being an unquantifiable, unmitigated disaster! :pac:)
    Last girl I was seeing was from online. I'm happy to say things ended quite amicably :)

Hmm, well I hope that the rest of your relationships end amicably :) Seems like you deserve them to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Hmm, well I hope that the rest of your relationships end amicably :) Seems like you deserve them to.

well.... give him at least ONE that won't end!!

• Advertisement

well.... give him at least ONE that won't end!!

LOL, indeed. I meant those that end. Obviously I don't hope that ALL of them end. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭crystallove

LOL, once I have the experience ,really really ,how to say,have a different feeling...
    once you have , you will hardly forget ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Any one I think I could like, they don't reply. ahhh.

I'm quite picky for someone who can't get anyone. :(

LOL, once I have the experience ,really really ,how to say,have a different feeling...
    once you have , you will hardly forget ...

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

What?

:D

• Advertisement

You're still SUGGESTING he change who he is to impress online people.

Now i think your over reacting just a bit...
    settle now
    I get where he's coming from (but disagree). I don't think my sense of style (or lack therof :pac:) is holding me back. I mean, I get a reasonable bit of mail (average one to three a day when I'm active) so I dont think its my looks that are holding me back. It's the holding people's attention for more than a mail or two that seems to be the usual stumbling block. Some girls like my sensibilities/sense of humour. Many don't. I just have to roll with it and eventually something oughta stick.
    To quote The Miz "I'd rather you all hated me for who I am than loved me for being something I'm not."

man im just giving you my thoughts...... can i really stop talking now because the it crowds on :eek:
    No worries man. I've known you as a poster for some time and you don't strike me as being rude.
    Look we'll hug it out some time like real men do :pac:

Now i think your over reacting just a bit...
    settle now

Don't tell me when to settle, I'll settle when I'm good and ready ;)

Seriously, your point is flawed.

Don't tell me when to settle, I'll settle when I'm good and ready ;)

Seriously, your point is flawed.

Well hurry up will ya im not getting any younger...:pac:

look your point is flawed in my eyes and my point is flawed in your eyes how about we just put the opinions to one side and hug it out ? :)

Well hurry up will ya im not getting any younger...:pac:

look your point is flawed in my eyes and my point is flawed in your eyes how about we just put the opinions to one side and hug it out ? :)

I can never resist a good old hug :)

I can never resist a good old hug :)

pm sent :pac:

only joking, no look i say what i think it doesnt mean im a bad person just me.... My dilivery how ever never works....

:(

but im a legend at hugs
    :cool:

pm sent :pac:

only joking, no look i say what i think it doesnt mean im a bad person just me.... My dilivery how ever never works....

:(

but im a legend at hugs
    :cool:

I never said it made you a bad person, I was just arguing the point as you put it across. No hard feelings :)

I never said it made you a bad person, I was just arguing the point as you put it across. No hard feelings :)

Youv'e said enough Im gonna go cry in the corner and feel sorry for my self :pac:

I dont have feelings Im a man Im supposed to be manly and stuff :pac:

Are all my posts showing up like this? :L

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Samich wrote: »

Couldnt agree more

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Kinda yellow?

• Advertisement

nevermind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

nevermind :)

I knew what you meant.

Any luck? Did you fix up your profile a bit?

Larianne wrote: »
    I knew what you meant.

What did he mean?

Larianne wrote: »
    I knew what you meant.

Any luck? Did you fix up your profile a bit?

No luck, thought I had some, but I sent a pic and when I asked could I see one she said she wasn't sure of online dating and she was gonna delete her account straight away. I said I'll take the hint, she said thanks for being understanding, she's still on it. Ah well. :)

No luck, thought I had some, but I sent a pic and when I asked could I see one she said she wasn't sure of online dating and she was gonna delete her account straight away. I said I'll take the hint, she said thanks for being understanding, she's still on it. Ah well. :)

That's awful! Sorry.

That's awful! Sorry.

It wasn't you was it? :D She actually heard about the site from this thread :P

It wasn't you was it? :D She actually heard about the site from this thread :P

Lol, no it wasn't me :)

Lol, no it wasn't me :)

cool :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

No offense but I'm kinda getting sick Of YOU'RE ranting about there women ts fvcking relentless.... If something doesn't work, generally the concensus is fix it.

Instead of looking out ward, maybe it time you made some changes to you're self how you generally carry your self ,dress sense, hair cut all these things effect a womens opinion..

If you get this upset over some one you haven't even meet god help the poor woman that dumps you... Get a grip like.

I know yourself and galva have hugged it out at this stage, but in future please don't post like this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

hmmm...

I've been posting here for a while now, and i'd say the majority of my posts are in a light-hearted vein, apart from the odd one here and there where i was in full on feel sorry for myself mode.

And i think Galva's posts have mostly been the same, light hearted, not taking things too seriously.

Having said that there are one or 2 posters on here who's posts are borderline annoying. To them i can only say one thing. Change it up.

Last night i changed my profile pic from a "Me, outside hiking" pic that's about 12 months old to a webcam pic taken last night.
    This morning there were 3 new unsolicited messages.

And I'm no Tall, Dark and Handsome bloke.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement