Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

ha now now, let's all chill, friendly message and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

ok, online women are still as confusing as in real life! i dont get it, i've had some good back and forth messages with 2 of them, lots in common and all that....and then suddenly nothing! they both just didnt reply. the thing is though they keep logging on and viewing my profile one of them does it about twice a day......its just strange...unless they are logging on to point out the weirdo to their mates...:p

I dont suppose i could get a female perspective on my profile please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Some funny characters on pof, one girl has a headline "Whats the story were like 2 peas in a pond" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

uglyjohn wrote: »
    ok, online women are still as confusing as in real life! i dont get it, i've had some good back and forth messages with 2 of them, lots in common and all that....and then suddenly nothing! they both just didnt reply. the thing is though they keep logging on and viewing my profile one of them does it about twice a day......its just strange...unless they are logging on to point out the weirdo to their mates...:p

I haven't done any online dating myself, but I have friends who did, and yes, they DID do the whole "look at this guy, he mailed me" thing. Probably why you are getting so many repeat views on your profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

Malari wrote: »
    uglyjohn wrote: »

I haven't done any online dating myself, but I have friends who did, and yes, they DID do the whole "look at this guy, he mailed me" thing. Probably why you are getting so many repeat views on your profile.

Woah seriously? I'm probably naive but I hope that's not prevalent. I wouldn't ever go showing my mates other peoples profiles just to laugh at them.

John I honestly don't think that's the norm, and even of it was i wouldn't even worry yourself thinking about it, I'd assume you're not looking for a catty girl.

A few times I've accidentally clicked on someone's username when trying to view a mail and ended up looking like a right stalker continually viewing their profile. Put it down to them being obsessed with you and sitting there raking your profile for something you'll find funny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Is it possible that there's been some kind of technical error in sending your last emails? Maybe they're wondering why you haven't replied. I remember having difficulties using a dating site on my iphone. I would reply but it would go wonky and look like it hadn't sent but it had.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Woah seriously? I'm probably naive but I hope that's not prevalent. I wouldn't ever go showing my mates other peoples profiles just to laugh at them.

John I honestly don't think that's the norm, and even of it was i wouldn't even worry yourself thinking about it, I'd assume you're not looking for a catty girl.

A few times I've accidentally clicked on someone's username when trying to view a mail and ended up looking like a right stalker continually viewing their profile. Put it down to them being obsessed with you and sitting there raking your profile for something you'll find funny!

Oh no, sorry, I didn't mean I was being showed profiles to laugh at them! :eek: Sometimes because they were hot! Just women pointing out guys they find attractive, or pointing out guys that asked them out. That kind of way. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Oh no, sorry, I didn't mean I was being showed profiles to laugh at them! :eek: Sometimes because they were hot! Just women pointing out guys they find attractive, or pointing out guys that asked them out. That kind of way. ;)

I have shown profiles to my nearest and dearest friends, NEVER to laugh at them though. More like, look at this cute guy he just sent me a mail, swit swoo :D

I have shown profiles to my nearest and dearest friends, NEVER to laugh at them though. More like, look at this cute guy he just sent me a mail, swit swoo :D

Oh ok thats a relief, sorry for getting te wrong end of the stick, I got that impression from you agreeing with John said and he was worried people would e showing a profile in a "look at this weirdo" kinda way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Will any of the women ans this for me pls. When a woman says she is a cuddly Size 26 What does she mean? Is she fat ?
    (just confused over the different sizes ye can have)
    Tnx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Arianna_26

Will any of the women ans this for me pls. When a woman says she is a cuddly Size 26 What does she mean? Is she fat ?
    (just confused over the different sizes ye can have)
    Tnx

She's a bit bigger than average.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Nevermind!

o **** just my luck!!No picture profiles are a killer!!!!

26 would be fairly big, most normal stores go up to a 16/18 so shed be 10 sizes above the average large girl...it obviously depends on your preference, have you seen photos ?

26 would be fairly big, most normal stores go up to a 16/18 so shed be 10 sizes above the average large girl...it obviously depends on your preference, have you seen photos ?

No, profile pics. she said 'im a cuddly size 26' so thats how i got confused.

tnx for ur help

def non runner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

personally I rate no profile pics as complete intrapment :pac:

Its the one most, scarey thing but 9 times out of 10 if they catch my attention I shall reply with something witty, in order to demask the said person tho being honest ive gotten some nice suprise and some...

but know i think not showing your picture can be wrong i do take mine of when im in college in case for some reason were doing web design and they end up on pof id rather not have my face there i think i could power ireland with the heat coming from my cheeks :pac:

personally I rate no profile pics as complete intrapment :pac:

Its the one most, scarey thing but 9 times out of 10 if they catch my attention I shall reply with something witty, in order to demask the said person tho being honest ive gotten some nice suprise and some...

but know i think not showing your picture can be wrong i do take mine of when im in college in case for some reason were doing web design and they end up on pof id rather not have my face there i think i could power ireland with the heat coming from my cheeks :pac:

i usually have bad luck with no profiles pics, they all usually turn out like ur one in Shallow Hall!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

i usually have bad luck with no profiles pics, they all usually turn out like ur one in Shallow Hall!!!

gwyneth paltrow?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

gwyneth paltrow?! :eek:

Probably means the chick with the freaky long toe......... that was just sick :pac:

right end up looking like the size of big momma from Big mommas house(NOT EDDIE MURPHY:D:D:D)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

right end up looking like the size of big momma from Big mommas house(NOT EDDIE MURPHY:D:D:D)

Ah, be nice now! People of all shapes and sizes could be reading this, and internet dating is tough enough already. :)

Ah, be nice now! People of all shapes and sizes could be reading this, and internet dating is tough enough already. :)

i was talking about some of the No Profile Pics that i was talking to what they turned out like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

i was talking about some of the No Profile Pics that i was talking to what they turned out like.

I know, but people with no profile pics have feelings too!

Id agree its the scarist most ego battering place on the web :D

i know, :eek::eek:

Id agree its the scarist most ego battering place on the web :D

Totally, to be honest it's only been just over a week for me and i think it's much easier in clubs and pubs.

Totally, to be honest it's only been just over a week for me and i think it's much easier in clubs and pubs.

way I see it while we all wonder and ponder freak out, chill out, about dating the one thing the remains very prevalent in my mind any way

One day all this monkey on-line dating business will be over, for most of us and well then the fun goe's and it monogamist life well if you wanna except that. I wouldnt but try to always remember that it is supposed to be a fun time don't let your self get dragged down into the seriousness of it, to quickly :)

This thread seems to be on such a downer buzz lately, I think you have to take Internet dating with a pinch of salt, I genuinely don't think you can expect anything of someone you have never even met. There's been a couple of guys who've unexpectedly stopped replying or suddenly deleted their account and to be honest I've never thought twice about it. I've kept a constant mindset of not expecting anything out of anyone and I think thats helped.

I also think it helps to be mailing a few people at a time, makes you care a lot less when one drops out of the race. Although I know it's harder for guys to have a few on the go.

Anyone having any luck then?

Anyone having any luck then?

I don't really dissscuss my dates because i think its a bit weird as there only a date... Plus reporting about how something went would be a bit weird besides ive had some one go threw my posts and throw some things up in my face so Ii'm very hesitint to disscuss anything of the sort... :)

how about you ? :D

• Advertisement

way I see it while we all wonder and ponder freak out, chill out, about dating the one thing the remains very prevalent in my mind any way

One day all this monkey on-line dating business will be over, for most of us and well then the fun goe's and it monogamist life well if you wanna except that. I wouldnt but try to always remember that it is supposed to be a fun time don't let your self get dragged down into the seriousness of it, to quickly :)

Ah yea i totally agree, I'm not taking it seriously . I just see it as trying something different. The people who ignore you or say you're not their type can never really know you from a few messages and pictures.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement