Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

This thread seems to be on such a downer buzz lately, I think you have to take Internet dating with a pinch of salt, I genuinely don't think you can expect anything of someone you have never even met. There's been a couple of guys who've unexpectedly stopped replying or suddenly deleted their account and to be honest I've never thought twice about it. I've kept a constant mindset of not expecting anything out of anyone and I think thats helped.

I also think it helps to be mailing a few people at a time, makes you care a lot less when one drops out of the race. Although I know it's harder for guys to have a few on the go.

Anyone having any luck then?

having bad luck. POF nearly burned out
    picture screws me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

Anyone having any luck then?

I don't really dissscuss my dates because i think its a bit weird as there only a date... Plus reporting about how something went would be a bit weird besides ive had some one go threw my posts and throw some things up in my face so Ii'm very hesitint to disscuss anything of the sort... :)

how about you ? :D

You've scared me right off discussing anything, all I'll say is I'm giving up on it, not out of getting relationship (that was never something I expected anyways) but out of boredom, helps that I'm a little smitten with someone :D

having bad luck. POF nearly burned out
    picture screws me up.

Are you on okc? Might be worth a look, change of scenery and that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

You've scared me right off discussing anything, all I'll say is I'm giving up on it, not out of getting relationship (that was never something I expected anyways) but out of boredom, helps that I'm a little smitten with someone :D

Make sure he's smitten with you too before you give it up (internet dating I mean!!). ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Ah yea i totally agree, I'm not taking it seriously . I just see it as trying something different. The people who ignore you or say you're not their type can never really know you from a few messages and pictures.

yeah man ignorence is mostly forgottin ;) Besides the way i see it the ones who dont reply id probably loook like there ready to have a familly :pac: .....

No mine was a bit more to do with something i said but like ya know i didnt do anything wrong :) some one else did....

smitten :eek:

pitter patter of babys around the corner :eek:

*run :pac:

• Advertisement

Wolflikeme wrote: »

Make sure he's smitten with you too before you give it up (internet dating I mean!!). ;)

The giving up has nothing to do with him, I would have done it sooner if it hadn't been for him. Hopefully it is a two way thing though but if it's not, there's plenty of fish (pun).
    INDEPENDENT WOMAN RIGHT HERE.

Are you on okc? Might be worth a look, change of scenery and that

must try that properly now tnx

No mine was a bit more to do with something i said but like ya know i didnt do anything wrong :) some one else did....

smitten :eek:

pitter patter of babys around the corner :eek:

*run :pac:
    sounds like the eejit shouldn't have been stalking you on the Internet.

Hah cool the jets, id be happy enough with a couple of dates

Hah cool the jets, id be happy enough with a couple of dates

Yeah its nice when you meet some you click with :) I've had my fair share of disatourous dates :) one totally shell shocked me it felt like every word I said was being judged.... In the end she asked mendoni want to get something to eat I was like nah the lightings really good think ill go take some pictures :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

Malari wrote: »
    Oh no, sorry, I didn't mean I was being showed profiles to laugh at them! :eek: Sometimes because they were hot! Just women pointing out guys they find attractive, or pointing out guys that asked them out. That kind of way. ;)
    I have shown profiles to my nearest and dearest friends, NEVER to laugh at them though. More like, look at this cute guy he just sent me a mail, swit swoo :D

That’s the thing though, if that’s her angle then why not just reply? its kinda frustrating because these two profiles really stood out and i seem to get on with them from the emails....no reply to the last one and they keep viewing me?????
    its extra frustrating because im going to thailand soon and it just so happens that i'll be in the same place at the same time as one of them so it would be a perfect non threatening place to meet up for some Pad Thai and a bottle of Chang ( or a bucket and ping pong show :eek: )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

uglyjohn wrote: »
    That’s the thing though, if that’s her angle then why not just reply? its kinda frustrating because these two profiles really stood out and i seem to get on with them from the emails....no reply to the last one and they keep viewing me?????
    its extra frustrating because im going to thailand soon and it just so happens that i'll be in the same place at the same time as one of them so it would be a perfect non threatening place to meet up for some Pad Thai and a bottle of Chang ( or a bucket and ping pong show :eek: )

Mail them back then and ask "hey, what's up? Haven't heard from you in a while?". They'll either do the decent thing and mail you back either interested or not interested, or stop viewing your profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

Larianne wrote: »
    Mail them back then and ask "hey, what's up? Haven't heard from you in a while?". They'll either do the decent thing and mail you back either interested or not interested, or stop viewing your profile.

i think thats the only option.....im 90% sure i'll be on the same island as her for a full moon party in a few weeks and it would be a real pity if i cantwork something to see her there around that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

This thread seems to be on such a downer buzz lately, Anyone having any luck then?

nope, not much going on here :rolleyes:
    have been chatting to some lovely people alright,,but it seems hard to keep the interest going to lead to a date, i think
    either that or theyre not on the same wavelength as me etc..
    oh well, ill stick at it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Well I've a date for later on so......go me.

liz2 wrote: »

nope, not much going on here :rolleyes:
    have been chatting to some lovely people alright,,but it seems hard to keep the interest going to lead to a date, i think
    either that or theyre not on the same wavelength as me etc..
    oh well, ill stick at it :)

Been there ^ keep it up and I'm sure someone will come along...that's a bit rich coming from someone leaving the online dating zone but from my experience it's just like real life, something comes along when you dot expect it. The day that the two best guys I got talking to was the same day that I was going to delete!

For ages I never replied to the short and sweet messages but if you go and read their profiles you could have loads in common so it could be worth replying

Been there ^ keep it up and I'm sure someone will come along...that's a bit rich coming from someone leaving the online dating zone but from my experience it's just like real life, something comes along when you dot expect it. The day that the two best guys I got talking to was the same day that I was going to delete!

For ages I never replied to the short and sweet messages but if you go and read their profiles you could have loads in common so it could be worth replying

Ya do pls !!!!:p:p:p:D:D

i might get some where then if all women start doing this (only problem is my photo):eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Shortkid

So I've been on POF for 3 months... was getting a bit fed up with it.
    I'd had two bad dates.
    But then had a date last night and it was really good. Had a great laugh, the night totally flew by. Not sure if the chemistry was there, but still a really good date!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I have no idea why I still log in there, haven't had a date off it in two or three years.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Shortkid wrote: »
    So I've been on POF for 3 months... was getting a bit fed up with it.
    I'd had two bad dates.
    But then had a date last night and it was really good. Had a great laugh, the night totally flew by. Not sure if the chemistry was there, but still a really good date!

I don't think chemistry always appears on the first date. People are nervous there being carefull about, what there saying. The position can be quite orcward, for some people..

just gotta role with it but dont asses it over the first date for to many people do that and its not fair, you gotta take your time, to get to know some one an hour and 45 minites is no were near enough, but its long enough to see if two people can indeed talk :)

I don't think chemistry always appears on the first date. People are nervous there being carefull about, what there saying. The position can be quite orcward, for some people..

just gotta role with it but dont asses it over the first date for to many people do that and its not fair, you gotta take your time, to get to know some one an hour and 45 minites is no were near enough, but its long enough to see if two people can indeed talk :)

I totally agree... im not ruling out a second date, think I'd definitely like to see him again.

• Advertisement

I totally agree... im not ruling out a second date, think I'd definitely like to see him again.

its good to hear that, some women can be very judgementle. when it comes to online dates.... I think that was bad look on my side with an over critical female.... :)

Sounds like theres an awful lot of not so nice girls out there.... but some of us are pretty decent!
    But then the same goes with men! Its just finding the good ones (for both sexes) that seems to be the problem! haha

Sounds like theres an awful lot of not so nice girls out there.... but some of us are pretty decent!
    But then the same goes with men! Its just finding the good ones (for both sexes) that seems to be the problem! haha

Hey look Ive my fair share of being a bit flakey with women in the past, some times i just dont think or feel comfortable, talking about xs and stuff . Thats cvntish to i think. because it puts you ina difficult position ... But people do have to do whats right bye them and you can't fault that its more the judging of others which i think its the issue and maybe a lot of deluded people out there wanting the perfect partner looking body money or what ever I think that can be a big issue in todays socitiy if that makes sense...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Of course you also have the spammers. I love getting mails from them. "hello, I am looking for good man who will understand and love me. I saw your profile. You look like good man".

Funnily enough when I have a look at my who viewed me, they are never there. Of course it could be when I tell them I'm looking for a live in housekeeper and sex slave that they never reply back. I don't know WHAT it is I'm doing wrong....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

gatecrash wrote: »
    Of course you also have the spammers. I love getting mails from them. "hello, I am looking for good man who will understand and love me. I saw your profile. You look like good man".

Funnily enough when I have a look at my who viewed me, they are never there. Of course it could be when I tell them I'm looking for a live in housekeeper and sex slave that they never reply back. I don't know WHAT it is I'm doing wrong....

I think that your problem is that you're not being specific enough. For example, would they have to cook as well as clean? Is there a lot of ironing to do? Would they have to do extra-weird stuff in bed? Do you give annual leave or contribute to health insurance? I'm sure once you update your profile with extra details, you'll get way more replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

I think that your problem is that you're not being specific enough. For example, would they have to cook as well as clean? Is there a lot of ironing to do? Would they have to do extra-weird stuff in bed? Do you give annual leave or contribute to health insurance? I'm sure once you update your profile with extra details, you'll get way more replies.

Ah. That MUST be it.

That's why I love this thread. Points out where I'm going wring and what I can do to fix it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

gatecrash wrote: »
    Ah. That MUST be it.

That's why I love this thread. Points out where I'm going wring and what I can do to fix it!

Always happy to help! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

are these sites anygood if your from a small town. i tried having a look at plenty of fish and theres like 3 women in my age group I think, on okcupid theres 4 but last login was 2006.

Was thinking of trying zoosk but i heard its pretty much a load of rubbish from a friend, as even though you can send a free message the other person can't read it? Plus my mate also reckons you can't send a message unless you upload a photo, and while I wouldn't mind putting up a photo and sharing with the people I message, my mates would torture me over it. Last guy that was caught doing it, had his profile printed out on a4 pictures and passed around the local.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Your friends sound like dicks.

Its crap like that that keep the stigma attached to online dating.It beggars the question,why was whoever printed the pictures searching for men?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Your friends sound like dicks.

Its crap like that that keep the stigma attached to online dating.It beggars the question,why was whoever printed the pictures searching for men?

God knows actually, anything with them is fair game, I suppose a case of if you can't stand the heat. I still don't know which of them did it but I always wondered the same thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement