Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

Go on maybefriends and get some new ones. Absolutely ridiculous that they'd put someone down just for trying to branch out!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

For the first time AVER I logged into OKC and had not one but TWO mails waiting for me.
    I was sooo delighted with myself I got peanut butter, bananas and mayo and put the lot into pitta bread (that's a lie...I ate that long before I logged in)
    Jaysus though, victory dancing really takes it out of ya!:D

Edit:
    Sweeet jaysus, one other girl is just after rating me!
    (Think I'd better browse through my profile, make sure someone hasn't edited it to say I'm loaded or something!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

nice one :D always good to read that :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

I just got a long message which looks like a copy and paste job. He doesn't refer to anything specific in my profile so he probably hasn't read it, or couldn't be bothered commenting on something specific in it.

I don't mind a bit of copy and paste, as it could be tedious trying to come up with something totally new each time, but something a bit specific to me would be good. Anyway it doesn't matter in this case as he sounds like a bit of a pain and full of himself. He seemed okish from the profile but the message has totally turned me off.

On the plus side I got a flirt from someone else who looks nice :) (though that will probably be the last I ever hear from him :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭LollieB

Date 3 with okc guy went great early on in the week but date 4 left little to be desired! :( Got the impression he's gone off me (which is fine, it happens) but that he was purposefully acting like a d*ck instead of just saying outright that he was no longer interested. even a simple text to tell me would do it!

So I'm not putting all my eggs in basket & have been emailing a cute & seemingly nice guy all evening after having feck all contact from anyone on the site in the past few weeks.

Perseverance is the key methinks (although I may change my tune in a few weeks if all goes quiet again!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Oh god this thick skin building phase is a crock of **** tbh.

How do you guys open up a conversation?

Been chatting to only 1 girl who i rather like, but everyone else is lame tbh, the silence is worse, i'd prefer them to say gtfo and then blocking me, at least i get a message :/

Xios wrote: »
    Oh god this thick skin building phase is a crock of **** tbh.

How do you guys open up a conversation?

Been chatting to only 1 girl who i rather like, but everyone else is lame tbh, the silence is worse, i'd prefer them to say gtfo and then blocking me, at least i get a message :/

I try to keep my mesgaes short cheeky and to the point i try not to disscuss there interests...
    or overload them with too much information :) but also making sure that its easy to reply to and open enough that they don't have top spend an hour replying to a message

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

And how's that working out for ya?

And how's that working out for ya?

They dont tend to reply :pac:

No Im playing...

generally works out for me. I think women and genrally people apricate the none robot attempts... I mean you've read girls saying they get copy and paste's then theres guys who point out there into all the same things but i think that samey same thing can be almost a turn off for the lady.. Think they prefer something out of the box.. but like there is a level, of unapropriate and apropriate... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

write back dammit woman! There was nothing weird in the message i sent you and i can see you viewing my profile every day! :mad:

You're perfect for me! so frustrating!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

papagormo wrote: »
    Sweeet jaysus, one other girl is just after rating me!
    What does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

uglyjohn wrote: »
    write back dammit woman! There was nothing weird in the message i sent you and i can see you viewing my profile every day! :mad:

You're perfect for me! so frustrating!

What site are you using??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

fabbydabby wrote: »
    What does that mean?

She didn't give him a ten or we'd know about it by now.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

i pretty much gave up with online dating back in march when the guy on the date was so rude.

i closed my account etc. recently i just log on to look at the emails i get.
    they are just full of naked photos guys send to me. its amazing how much has changed in the online dating world. i dont blame the guys, i suppose there is only so many times you can send an email that says "hi how are you"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

i suppose there is only so many times you can send an email that says "hi how are you"

I have yet to reach this amount of times :pac:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

i pretty much gave up with online dating back in march when the guy on the date was so rude.

i closed my account etc. recently i just log on to look at the emails i get.
    they are just full of naked photos guys send to me. its amazing how much has changed in the online dating world. i dont blame the guys, i suppose there is only so many times you can send an email that says "hi how are you"

I think there just might be a middle ground between the 'hi how are you' and naked pictures though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

hollypink wrote: »
    I think there just might be a middle ground between the 'hi how are you' and naked pictures though :D

"hi how are you"
    "nice weather"

*naked pictures!!!*

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cuddlylad

hi guys,
    i have been txting a nice girl that i met on match. she seems lovely and have spent every evening over the last 3 week txting each other. thing is both of us have very busy working lives and we never seem to have a free evening because of other personal commitments fot both of us. i feel that if we dont soon meet the spark could be lost. any way main point - where or what makes for a good first date?? i met a girl before and we went to the zoo, dinner after in Johnny foxs and a drive home across the dublin mountains, we had a great day and really got on wit her but the relationship just frizzled out itself. im not so sure though about the zoo because if we didnt get on it could be a long day. any idea welcome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

cuddlylad wrote: »
    hi guys,
    im not so sure though about the zoo because if we didnt get on it could be a long day. any idea welcome!!

Yep!! Looonnng day! Personally I prefer first dates to be coffee or a drink - short and sweet so you can both stay longer if you want but its easy to leave if you dont get on. Full day things are a no no in my book unless its a few dates in!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Just out of curiosity I wanted to take a look at the match.com site. But I can't get past registering, what do you put in for postcode?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

Sonics2k wrote: »
    "hi how are you"
    "nice weather"

*naked pictures!!!*

exactly. you got those emails too on POF?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

Dovies wrote: »
    What site are you using??

RSVP.com.au a friend of mine over here used it. it costs about $10 to email someone so i think that discourages some of the spam other sites seem to suffer from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

hi guys,
    i have been txting a nice girl that i met on match. she seems lovely and have spent every evening over the last 3 week txting each other. thing is both of us have very busy working lives and we never seem to have a free evening because of other personal commitments fot both of us. i feel that if we dont soon meet the spark could be lost. any way main point - where or what makes for a good first date?? i met a girl before and we went to the zoo, dinner after in Johnny foxs and a drive home across the dublin mountains, we had a great day and really got on wit her but the relationship just frizzled out itself. im not so sure though about the zoo because if we didnt get on it could be a long day. any idea welcome!!

Short date would leave the both of you wanting more! Text/ring her and ask her are there any nice places to have lunch where she lives, it would be great to meet up etc. If you get on well on the first date, you can then organise the next one. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Deedsie wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity I wanted to take a look at the match.com site. But I can't get past registering, what do you put in for postcode?

eire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

there is only so many times you can send an email that says "hi how are you"

I have that well burned out by now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Lon Dubh wrote: »
    I just got a long message which looks like a copy and paste job. He doesn't refer to anything specific in my profile so he probably hasn't read it, or couldn't be bothered commenting on something specific in it.

I don't mind a bit of copy and paste, as it could be tedious trying to come up with something totally new each time, but something a bit specific to me would be good. Anyway it doesn't matter in this case as he sounds like a bit of a pain and full of himself. He seemed okish from the profile but the message has totally turned me off.

On the plus side I got a flirt from someone else who looks nice :) (though that will probably be the last I ever hear from him :p)

See I don't get the whole copy and paste thing. I change my message every single time so it's unique to that person. I wouldn't bother replying to a copy and paste message at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

eire

I tried that and it didnt work unfortunately

postal codes are useually

TR71qp

thats in cornwall :pac:

so try maybe me6yu

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

hi guys,
    i met a girl before and we went to the zoo, dinner after in Johnny foxs and a drive home across the dublin mountains, we had a great day and really got on wit her but the relationship just frizzled out itself.

I really hope your name isn't Larry Murphy....:eek:

• Advertisement

Out of curiosity do folks have a type of lady or gent they go for ?

as in what she does whats are interests are etc... ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement