Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Galvasean wrote: »
    From experience I can categorically state that is simply not true.

i should have said Some single Parents are more mature independent i find

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

there are a few posts on single parents recenty that i was going to respond to but i really dont want to open that can of worms....im not good at expressing myself like this and i'd only cause offence.

all i really want to say is that i know a few single parents and i have an enormous amount of respect for what they do. i cant even begin to imagine how hard it must be sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Weird ?

i stopped messaging a girl simply because being honest it i felt like i was talking to one of those "conversation" types and came accross an Idealist... I'm not a fan... It is what it is.

But, the nice part of me feel really bad about ignoring her... should I ignore or just say soemthing thatmight turn her of she hates txt speak :D

can any one speak txt speak so I can reply like that :D ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Weird ?

i stopped messaging a girl simply because being honest it i felt like i was talking to one of those "conversation" types and came accross an Idealist... I'm not a fan... It is what it is.

But, the nice part of me feel really bad about ignoring her... should I ignore or just say soemthing thatmight turn her of she hates txt speak :D

be right back
    brb cuL8r

I found this
    http://www.lingo2word.com/

tho being honest it think thats a bit mean i dont wanna be mean... I dont like that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

Weird ?

bbz u so sxc, i cnt stp thinkin bout u. ttyl

edit: ^ i thought you were messing snow! Just tell her you you don't see it going anywhere or just don't mail back, I've never been that bothered by someone stopping replying, the message is pretty obvious.

How typical is it that I take down my photos and some beaut mails me, knowing my luck I'll regret not mailing back in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

How typical is it that I take down my photos and some beaut mails me, knowing my luck I'll regret not mailing back in a few weeks.

Mail back! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

I don't mind kids at all..

I'd have, reserves more so about the kids father in a point that he could cause problems but wouldn't really be that bothered about it.

^^^This would sum up the situation for me.

Love kids but possible aggro wit dads would put me off.

Have noticed on PoF a lot of single mums so I think i'll have to deal with it if I want a possibility of a date

Mail back! :eek:

Way too busy at the moment, things will calm down for me in a month or so. hmmmm might throw him a mail saying something along those lines.

I'm supposed to be giving up!:eek:

Jenny1111111111

have you meet some one :D ?

Im just going to not reply (feel guilty tho)

what happened have you gone all smitten ? :)

• Advertisement

Jenny1111111111

have you meet some one :D ?

Im just going to not reply (feel guilty tho)

what happened have you gone all smitten ? :)

Don't feel guilty, honestly I think it's a fairly standard ending in the online world, if she mails asking why then i'd explain.

That obvious? It's nothing serious and it's not the reason I'm stopping (that's out of boredom!), only a couple of dates, so you couldn't call me even close to a success story. And yeah I like him...still keeping the expectations low though, it's the best way :cool:

Don't feel guilty, honestly I think it's a fairly standard ending in the online world, if she mails asking why then i'd explain.

That obvious? It's nothing serious and it's not the reason I'm stopping (that's out of boredom!), only a couple of dates, so you couldn't call me even close to a success story. And yeah I like him...still keeping the expectations low though, it's the best way :cool:

Thats true... but I still do... its not nice to be ignored after you've shared a few conversations...

well you've stayed online but you removed pics... :)
    it was either that or you were taking a break which I totally get... But i decided to be an optimist...

out of curiosity how long did he leave it before you went on a second date/meet up (not in the rude sense)?

Well fair play to you for limiting your self some what... Id agree on low expectations!!!

Thats true... but I still do... its not nice to be ignored after you've shared a few conversations...

well you've stayed online but you removed pics... :)
    it was either that or you were taking a break which I totally get... But i decided to be an optimist...

out of curiosity how long did he leave it before you went on a second date/meet up (not in the rude sense)?

Well fair play to you for limiting your self some what... Id agree on low expectations!!!

I can't really delete it because I have a date lined up for a few weeks time, there was a bit of a scheduling problem, don't know what i'd do if it was going great with the first one by then. :confused:

Why do you ask? Are you dating someone ? swit swoo

From real life dating the general waiting period has usually been around a week, can't see why online dating would be different. I pushed for it to be a little earlier just becuase like I said I'm busy for the month.

I can't really delete it because I have a date lined up for a few weeks time, there was a bit of a scheduling problem, don't know what i'd do if it was going great with the first one by then. :confused:

Why do you ask? Are you dating someone ? swit swoo

From real life dating the general waiting period has usually been around a week, can't see why online dating would be different. I pushed for it to be a little earlier just becuase like I said I'm busy for the month.

I had one of them 6 months later we, still havent meet i might send her a cheeky email :)... when im back in dublin

Id rather keep that to my self, I'm a private person on that respects... Was just curious, more so no one ever talks about the second date might genrate some fresh conversation and all that..... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

Why doesn't everyone here arrange a night out or something? Makes sense to me anyway! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Wolflikeme wrote: »
    Why doesn't everyone here arrange a night out or something? Makes sense to me anyway! :D

Because me and Wibbs wouldn't get a minutes peace....

We'd be too busy shiftin'!

I had one of them 6 months later we, still havent meet i might send her a cheeky email :)... when im back in dublin

Id rather keep that to my self, I'm a private person on that respects... Was just curious, more so no one ever talks about the second date might genrate some fresh conversation and all that..... :)

I probably should have done that but it''s too late now, I'd say i'm pretty easily identified with all the info i've thrown out there.

Yeah the second dates never get talked about much, and sometimes they're a more important than the first. Mine basically made me realise that I definitely liked him, mostly because I was being a bit self deprecating...a sign that I'm nervous, probably gave off an awful impression but ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Wolflikeme wrote: »

There already is one arranged for Saturday night!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056322934

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

hit the green "yes" button on POF meet me page several weeks ago.

Monday i get my first response from this person, skip forward 24 hours i have a phone no. and a first encounter scheduled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Okay, so I went on a tinternet date yesterday with a girl I'd been chatting to for a while. We got on really well. Had her laughing, she had me laughing, plenty in common. At the end of the night I told her I'd a fun time and I'd like to see her again. She said it was fun too, and that she was away this week and busy next, but she'd text me to sort something out. Should I take this at face value or is this a polite brush-off? Hate to sound like a bloody teenager about this thing, but I've been out of the game for a while and dunno what to think. Any insights, boardsies?!

(also am plenty aware that I sound very immature asking this!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Okay, so I went on a tinternet date yesterday with a girl I'd been chatting to for a while. We got on really well. Had her laughing, she had me laughing, plenty in common. At the end of the night I told her I'd a fun time and I'd like to see her again. She said it was fun too, and that she was away this week and busy next, but she'd text me to sort something out. Should I take this at face value or is this a polite brush-off? Hate to sound like a bloody teenager about this thing, but I've been out of the game for a while and dunno what to think. Any insights, boardsies?!

(also am plenty aware that I sound very immature asking this!)

Been there. It could be either. Just sit tight and see if she gets back to you. And try not to worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

There already is one arranged for Saturday night!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056322934

Well schedule another one for when I'M in the country!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

Hi all,

Joined the POF site over a month ago. It's got to the stage where it's headwrecking. I admit I'm not bad looking but 80-90% of my emails aren't being replied to. The other problem is girls emailing for ages and fobbing one off if one asks for a drink. My emails to the girls aren't sleazy or anything ill mannered (which is what I thought girls liked??). Can I assume it's not just me that this is happening to? Best of luck with your dates.

Cheers folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I deleted my POF account just now. Never really used it. Any time I logged in, I just had monotonous "Hi xxxx" messages and truthfully, internet dating is not my thing at all. I'm pretty happy just how I am. Good luck to all of you guys! :)

I probably should have done that but it''s too late now, I'd say i'm pretty easily identified with all the info i've thrown out there.

Yeah the second dates never get talked about much, and sometimes they're a more important than the first. Mine basically made me realise that I definitely liked him, mostly because I was being a bit self deprecating...a sign that I'm nervous, probably gave off an awful impression but ah well.

The chap probably wont forget your name :D... well actually in some cases i just for get them.....

I tend to find my self getting nervous about dates when I tell people past few Ive said nothing bit my lip and felt I was less nervous...

I also think if the second date happens its up to booth parties to start makingthe effort to flirt more and stuff.

:D

what is the general consensus regarding dating a few at one time? i have one lined up and it looks like there might be two more probables.... im pretty busy though so if i do meet all 3 it'll have to be three nights in a row!

Also do people think 2 dates and then you decide? or 3? i dont want to mess them around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

uglyjohn wrote: »
    what is the general consensus regarding dating a few at one time? i have one lined up and it looks like there might be two more probables.... im pretty busy though so if i do meet all 3 it'll have to be three nights in a row!

Also do people think 2 dates and then you decide? or 3? i dont want to mess them around.

Nothing wrong with it. You're not exclusive. Even if you had two dates with all three, it's (unfortunately) unlikely you'd click with them so much you'd want to continue to date all of them! I reckon play it by ear.

Well done by the way :p

And enjoy :)

the plot thickens. the other one who dissappeared has returned. there are now four...plus one who i'd never see with our shifts....and i only have 2.5 free days in the city.

Maybe the fact that this is a paying site means people take it more seriously? it cost me $11 to "contact" each one and i spent about $60 on menbership.

all up i think i've spent about $180

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

the plot thickens. the other one who dissappeared has returned. there are now four...plus one who i'd never see with our shifts....and i only have 2.5 free days in the city.

Maybe the fact that this is a paying site means people take it more seriously? it cost me $11 to "contact" each one and i spent about $60 on menbership.

well done you! well i reckon, seeing as you've spent that much on the site, you should date them all :pac:

could you imagine... for your short time in the city: date 1 at 7pm, date 2 at 9pm....oh decisions decisions :P

• Advertisement

Great news John, I was starting to get annoyed over those girls not replying to you myself!

If you've so little time maybe you could go for a lunch date and then drinks with a different one at night?...I wouldn't be able for four though! I feel a bit bold when I'm just chatting to two guys, but you've paid enough to get four well deserved dates!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement