Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

i'll let you guys know how it goes. i think i've been really lucky compared to some of the stories I've heard on here.

this thread has been a godsend for advice! i never would have done tried online dating without reading this thread.

thats all i'll say for now. dont want to get smug before i actually meet them! they could all be weirdos!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

hey uglyjohn,

There is nothing wrong with messaging and meeting up with a few girls at the same time. You might not click with one, or any or click with them all. It's perfectly acceptable.

Just have a think about meeting more than one girl on the same day though. You might not end up giving the first date much attention as you'll be thinking ahead of the second date, if you get me.

That website sounds like pure robbery though! :eek:

Best of luck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

uglyjohn wrote: »
    Maybe the fact that this is a paying site means people take it more seriously? it cost me $11 to "contact" each one and i spent about $60 on menbership.

all up i think i've spent about $180

Sorry, but paying that is nuts. Good luck all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

Kinski wrote: »
    Sorry, but paying that is nuts. Good luck all the same.

I dont think i'd pay myself but if he finds someone special (i'd probably settle for half-decent :p), then surely it's worth it???

I've spent more off-line trying to get to know ladies and gotten nowhere

to be honest i could have done it for less but i paid for the little extras here and there and then a few days ago when i though it was all going to sh1t I bought another set of stamps for 60 and havent used any of those because suddenly it all came together!
    i didnt have to buy vip membership so and i think that was about 50 or so. itls like everything online....little bits that you hardly think of and then suddenly you've spent a fortune!

to put it into perspective - i've spent far more and wasted my time ending up unhappy with people i've met and then dated and had nothing in common with....if it works out this way than it was well worth the money.

• Advertisement

^^^
    Whatever works for you. Just think with all the free sites out there that paying seems unnecessary.
    I've spent more off-line trying to get to know ladies and gotten nowhere

How many of them charged you a tenner just to say hello?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

^^^
    Whatever works for you. Just think with all the free sites out there that paying seems unnecessary.

Is in there another name for that :eek::eek::eek::eek: its called ************:eek::eek::eek:
    Thats illegal in some countries:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

liz2 wrote: »
    well done you! well i reckon, seeing as you've spent that much on the site, you should date them all :pac:

could you imagine... for your short time in the city: date 1 at 7pm, date 2 at 9pm....oh decisions decisions :P

He'd need cue cards to remember which was which and who said what. :D

^^^

not to hijack the thread....but from what I read earier on one of the main (if not the main ) complaints from the girls was the volume of emails they got from guys who just cut and pasted spam to everyone or sent one word email.
    The guys seemed to say they felt their thoughtful, genuine emails were being lost in the mountain of spam and then going unanswered/unread.

If it costs $10 per contact then you're going to get less of the spam/single word answers so hopefuly there is more of a chance you can actuall get to know them...

for example - i've emailed 11 and gotten 9 responses. some of those 11 were just me saying thanks but no thanks to some girls for various reasons and hence they didnt respond.

sorry for the long post if it doesnt make sense....its early here and im still asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Just met a fantastic woman on OKC last week and we had a date last night. Best first date ever :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

KTRIC wrote: »
    Just met a fantastic woman on OKC last week and we had a date last night. Best first date ever :D

U lucky bbbbbbbb

wish i was that lucky!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Set up date for saturday with IRL woman after online dating goes stale.
    Cue inbox flooded (well, not FLOODED) with messages from nice ladies.

Typical :pac:

Pssst, how do I block users on POF?

U lucky bbbbbbbb

Her pics didn't do her justice. You know that feeling when you're sitting across from a stunning woman going "what the f**k is she doing here with me !!!"

Seeing her tomorrow again :D

Her pics didn't do her justice. You know that feeling when you're sitting across from a stunning woman going "what the f**k is she doing here with me !!!"

Deadly stuff!!! YAY! :D

You know that feeling when you're sitting across from a stunning woman going "what the f**k is she doing here with me !!!"

Enjoying herself by the sound of things.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Pssst, how do I block users on POF?

Go to send them a message and you can block them there. (I think)

Larianne wrote: »
    Deadly stuff!!! YAY! :D

I had a little help ;)

uglyjohn wrote: »
    If it costs $10 per contact then you're going to get less of the spam/single word answers so hopefuly there is more of a chance you can actuall get to know them...

I take your point, but a $1 fee would probably be enough to discourage timewasters and compulsive messengers. And I still wouldn't pay it.

That did the trick.
    First time I've blocked someone on POF. Had to be done.

• Advertisement

That did the trick.

What was she doing, just messaging you constantly?

That did the trick.

I have to admit the women on POF were just interested in one thing as far as I can see. Some real odd balls as well.

I had a little help ;)

Gonna have to start charging! :pac:
    That did the trick.

What happened there? :eek:

I have to admit the women on POF were just interested in one thing as far as I can see. Some real odd balls as well.

What's that? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I have to admit the women on POF were just interested in one thing as far as I can see.

Cue a record number of signups in one day from Boardsie guys :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

That did the trick.

I dunno a lot of the women on Okc are pretty intelligent and so far the women I've meet from there have been way more cooler then the ones on pof....

I had a disastrous date on pof all I could think about was going home and playing my playstation....

Tho I think to be fair my kinda mentality is slightly different to some peoples in some ways ....

Larianne wrote: »
    Gonna have to start charging! :pac:

Jaysus Larianne, people could sooo take that up wrong :eek:

Jaysus Larianne, people could sooo take that up wrong :eek:

Yes, I realised that after I typed it but hoped no-one would notice!!! :o

What was she doing, just messaging you constantly?

It was that 40 something woman pretending to be early 20s girl that I mentioned on here a few days ago. That whole incident really creeped me the hell out and I've seen she's viewed my profile a couple of times since. Something unnerving chatting to someone posing as someone your age... who is actually secretly old enough to be your mother! :eek:

Oh my, I think I've become smitten. I'm currently chatting to a very attractive girl about Jurassic Park... and she actually knows what she's on about! (I can tell when a woman is faking it*)

*'It' being an interest in dinosaurs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

U lucky bbbbbbbb

So tell us a bit about her. And the secret of your success!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement