Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Dexter is a nice name.... :p

give him a surname too, not enough dogs have surnames these days. not morgan though. otherwise people will end up in black bags at the bottom of the sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

Dexter Zuroph Oompaloompa??

too much like stalking? :o why am I single? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

give him a surname too, not enough dogs have surnames these days. not morgan though. otherwise people will end up in black bags at the bottom of the sea.

isnt his surname my surname? thats how the vet always works it anyway. I plan to try get him the vote next. :p

So I set up on POF, after earlier discussions on here :pac: Site seems a disaster to make your way around. more locals on it than OKc though...

Dublin is well represented on POF for sure. It's not bad for a free site though.

on OKc, I did a narrowing search on active profiles in the last month in my area, got 7 people. And I knew 3 of them. impossible to work with!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

You'll get used to it. I've tried to spark up a couple of chats but nothing.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

small town? what's PoF like for smaller cities/towns then?

I sometimes take a look at guys from my hometown and I'm shocked how many are using the interweb...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Is this thread mainly men discussing online dating or women and men?

I know its in the TGC, but I've seen men post in TLL

I'm a woman.....all are welcome.....

:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

small town? what's PoF like for smaller cities/towns then?

I sometimes take a look at guys from my hometown and I'm shocked how many are using the interweb...

Not great, you end up seeing the same faces all the time. When I was living in Dublin it was much easier and I actually got dates regularly enough off it but since I've moved down here, I think I've met three in the last three years off it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

busyliving wrote: »
    Is this thread mainly men discussing online dating or women and men?

I know its in the TGC, but I've seen men post in TLL

a quick read on the last page or two would have shown you it's fairly equal. The boy's don't seem to mind us creeping in

small town?

Limerick City!

Not great, you end up seeing the same faces all the time. When I was living in Dublin it was much easier and I actually got dates regularly enough off it but since I've moved down here, I think I've met three in the last three years off it.

Kilkenny is a good city to go out in....surely you could lure a Dub down to you?

I get so many mails that it wouldn't be practical to me to reply to all of them. Only been on a few dates, maybe I'm too choosy....

I get so many mails that it wouldn't be practical to me to reply to all of them. Only been on a few dates, maybe I'm too choosy....

thinly veiled brag :p

haha I'll brag when I can....mind you, they're mostly married, pervy or their first language is English textspeak :rolleyes:

I'd prefer one quality mail :o

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

a quick read on the last page or two would have shown you it's fairly equal. The boy's don't seem to mind us creeping in

any and all help from the ladies is greatly appreciated :D

haha I'll brag when I can....mind you, they're mostly married, pervy or their first language is English textspeak :rolleyes:

I'd prefer one quality mail :o

+1 on this, but I like them short too, sometimes they pick through your whole profile and I feel like I've been dissected

+1 on this, but I like them short too, sometimes they pick through your whole profile and I feel like I've been dissected

I'd usually start reasonably short but with a genuine message, and try open a discussion of some sort, but once or twice girls have gotten back to me much later saying that they were getting a lot of messages and forgot to reply. That's hard to work against, so I'd say some guys come across a bit over eager regularily messaging, trying to keep ahead of that. Its a tricky balancing act!

From a female perspective, I just can't be bothered replying to a mail that just says 'hey'. On the other hand, I agree with Jenny...quoting my profile irks me a little. It's not a LC English Lit question....

Something genuine appeals to me...

Kilkenny is a good city to go out in....surely you could lure a Dub down to you?

Ha, no chance, I've moved back in with the aulds to help them and my house is rented out. Could go the other way though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

totally agree with this, all the female input has been great.

zuroph wrote: »
    I'd usually start reasonably short but with a genuine message, and try open a discussion of some sort, but once or twice girls have gotten back to me much later saying that they were getting a lot of messages and forgot to reply. That's hard to work against, so I'd say some guys come across a bit over eager regularily messaging, trying to keep ahead of that. Its a tricky balancing act!

Yeah true, I do feel bad for the guys tbh. I probably replied to 1 in 20 mails, girls can afford to pick and choose to be honest and I guess you just have to be lucky, different strokes for different folks and all that

Ha, no chance, I've moved back in with the aulds to help them and my house is rented out. Could go the other way though.

Well tbh, initially it's more likely that you'd have to venture to Dublin or wherever, but who knows.... do you think Kilkenny has the one for you? Maybe broadening your search will help ;)

Ask and I shall tell....not exactly a internet guru though, I've been out with a total of one person and I've given up :pac:

Well tbh, initially it's more likely that you'd have to venture to Dublin or wherever, but who knows.... do you think Kilkenny has the one for you? Maybe broadening your search will help ;)

Well, Dublin is only an hour from work.

Sorted so! Broaden the search.

I tend to think that you'll find someone when you're not looking, so I'm not sure how that colours my view of internet dating.

In saying that, I see nothing wrong with exploring all avenues....you might pick up some new friends...

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

Ask and I shall tell....not exactly a internet guru though, I've been out with a total of one person and I've given up :pac:

We could be here for a while if I start asking Questions :)

It has been conclusively proven I am useless with women :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Online dating has always been something that has intrigued me...

What are the age profiles of online daters? Is there many people between the ages of 18-25?

I know a few people who have used online dating...but they are all over 28...

Its something I'd like to try one day...

We could be here for a while if I start asking Questions :)

It has been conclusively proven I am useless with women :D

The blind leading the blind, yay

• Advertisement

busyliving wrote: »
    Online dating has always been something that has intrigued me...

What are the age profiles of online daters? Is there many people between the ages of 18-25?

I know a few people who have used online dating...but they are all over 28...

Its something I'd like to try one day...

I fall smack bang in the middle of that age bracket, I joined up on a whim one day and I was completely shocked with the amount in that bracket, and there seems to be a huge number of 18-19 year olds.

It's probably down to younger people being more into social media

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement