Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I'd email POF if I was you, I'm sure they can clarify the problem, I can't see how one person could have caused your profile to be deleted, maybe it's just a glitch

it's just annoying, had aload of stuff on my profile. sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

Oh I got this today, made me laugh

""[my username], mi amor, have rest. It is I, [his username], come for rescue you. Your real man, your gentleman. Almost always to be wearing pants, except for speedo seaside. Like Euron Greyjoy,[his username] does not sow. I will hold you open doors and shower you with red red roses and sweep your feet up onto bareback horse so we can ride across the pampas of Patagonia living like gauchos and never to return to your dripping cloudland home. In time, you will bend to my will and yield, in Jamaican accent if wish, to the supple insistence of my rippling abdominal flesh. Lover, do not thwart me. Tell me of your dreamlands."

edit:he didn't view my profile, weird.^

Also another beaut mailed me when I have no pictures up, maybe i'm a lot uglier than I thought :mad:

""[my username], mi amor, have rest. It is I, [his username], come for rescue you. Your real man, your gentleman. Almost always to be wearing pants, except for speedo seaside. Like Euron Greyjoy,[his username] does not sow. I will hold you open doors and shower you with red red roses and sweep your feet up onto bareback horse so we can ride across the pampas of Patagonia living like gauchos and never to return to your dripping cloudland home. In time, you will bend to my will and yield, in Jamaican accent if wish, to the supple insistence of my rippling abdominal flesh. Lover, do not thwart me. Tell me of your dreamlands."

Also another beaut mailed me when I have no pictures up, maybe i'm a lot uglier than I thought :mad:

Look at the positive that your profile sounds good ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Haha love the understatement :p (Btw if it's POF I think there's an option you can select so other people don't know if you've viewed their profile. Or else he's a bit nuts :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Bumder

Been lurking for a while.Was doing the whole online thing but gave up with moderate success. Just taking a break now! Please tell me you replied to that one? Clear copy and paste but it's still excellent!

• Advertisement

hollypink wrote: »
    Haha love the understatement :p (Btw if it's POF I think there's an option you can select so other people don't know if you've viewed their profile. Or else he's a bit nuts :D )

Nah it's Okcupid. He's definitely nuts, he's got a massive fake Spanish style tash on in his photos and the profile goes along the same lines of the mail, basically saying he's a bull fighter etc.

Samich wrote: »
    Look at the positive that your profile sounds good ;)

Yay, i'm ugly with a nice personality....the one from today juts told me he saw me on quickmatch a week ago :cool: (i've already broken my self imposed break)
    Bumder wrote: »
    Been lurking for a while.Was doing the whole online thing but gave up with moderate success. Just taking a break now! Please tell me you replied to that one? Clear copy and paste but it's still excellent!

Don't worry I'm going to reply, I'm just trying to get the tone right ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

well, did you tell him of your dreamlands then???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Bumder

Don't worry I'm going to reply, I'm just trying to get the tone right ;)

Google translate-Spanish. I know the type of tone ya need to reply but how to put it in words. Bonus points if you manage to work in the words. Whisk, Don Carlos, Riding into the sunset and erm Uncle Bens!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

hollypink wrote: »

ya i think there is a setting so other users cant see u visited their profile but i never used it !!!

• Advertisement

Nah it's Okcupid. He's definitely nuts, he's got a massive fake Spanish style tash on in his photos and the profile goes along the same lines of the mail, basically saying he's a bull fighter etc.

Ya he probally a Bull fighter alrite a bull **** Figher!!!LOL :D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

I rejoined. Some girl just told me she'd only date me if I lost weight :P

I rejoined. Some girl just told me she'd only date me if I lost weight :P

haha what she look like!!

well, did you tell him of your dreamlands then???

I'm working on it, unfortunately at the my dreamlands consist of finding someone to go out with, have a laugh, possibly get drunk, do a bitta extreme 'snuggling', and watch movies with on a regular basis...a girl can dream. The bull fighter sounds a bit too excitable

I'm working on it, unfortunately at the my dreamlands consist of finding someone to go out with, have a laugh, possibly get drunk, do a bitta extreme 'snuggling', and watch movies with on a regular basis...a girl can dream. The bull fighter sounds a bit too excitable

exactly like my night nearly:eek::eek::eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

exactly like my night nearly:eek::eek::eek:

€59 for a room in the D4 isn't bad, just saying :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

haha what she look like!!

ya she was very good looking. :P

Lucky U:cool::cool::cool::cool:

meh she sounds like she has the personality of a brick, I mean there was no need to say that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

meh she sounds like she has the personality of a brick, I mean there was no need to say that

Subtlety really isn't her strong suit it seems.

I forgot to add, I sent the opening message, she goes "you're a loser, no pic" then I sent the pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

I forgot to add, I sent the opening message, she goes "you're a loser, no pic" then I sent the pic.

Feck sake this young one sounds like a keeper... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I'd go on a date with such a person just so i could say "F#ck you and the horse you rode in on" to her face...

Just sayin'

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

what a muppet, what did she really expect?

anyway....first internet date tomorrow, we've been emailing and texting loads...im absolutely terrified that i might not be attracted to her or get on in person! we have so much in common, We've honestly texted more in the past few days than 4 months with my ex!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Had a date with a girl from IRL yesterday. She hates Jurassic Park.

Back to the online I go....

uglyjohn wrote: »
    what a muppet, what did she really expect?

anyway....first internet date tomorrow, we've been emailing and texting loads...im absolutely terrified that i might not be attracted to her or get on in person! we have so much in common, We've honestly texted more in the past few days than 4 months with my ex!

Brilliant news John, what are you guys going to do? I'm sure you'll be find with the conversation, I think the texting beforehand helps a lot, it makes you both feel like you know each other. The chemistry is the thing you can't predict but sure if it's not there you've a new friend.

Let us know how it goes :)

Does anyone else notice the amount of Cork people on POF & OkCupid. its unreal:eek::eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

Tapas in the city, less formal than dinner and you get plates to share/talk about....and i can regale her with my stories of "europe" and sound well travelled and classey and all that.

chicks love that stuff :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Yes, if it's done subtly. That's they key!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement