Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

Hmmmm you've got to wonder about some people's upbringing when they start sending stuff like this...

Him: no one likes a fatty
    Me: Funny, I don't know anyone who likes judgemental or arrogant people.
    Him: theres a reason ur on a dating site chubby
    Me: Don't forget, you're here too. Goodbye.
    Him: change ur name from (my username) t to fat ****

For the record I'm no whale! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Hmmmm you've got to wonder about some people's upbringing when they start sending stuff like this...

Wow what a kunt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

What? :eek: Seriously, what's wrong with some people?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Report the B**8***

whats his username ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

Now I do wonder why he's single :pac:

• Advertisement

Hmmmm yeah I do wonder why some lucky girl hasn't snapped him up already :p

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

D1ckhead! i dont know why he'd even bother insulting you for the sake of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Hmmmm yeah I do wonder why some lucky girl hasn't snapped him up already :p

It looks like he is trolling. I imagine he sends similar crap to everybody. I'd actually be amazed if it was a "real" profile.

It looks like he is trolling. I imagine he sends similar crap to everybody. I'd actually be amazed if it was a "real" profile.

Why would anyone bother joining, compiling a profile and adding a pic if they just want to insult people? Seems like a waste of time....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

Why would anyone bother joining, compiling a profile and adding a pic if they just want to insult people? Seems like a waste of time....

You'd be amazed the lenghts some antisocial morons would go to just to have something to do with their time.

I'd say even if the profiles not entirely fake he's a bit of a 'part time troll' there's was no reason for him to send the first mail so he's trolling you in my opinion

• Advertisement

you would not lst long like that. your profile would be deleted from people reporting u over abusing them!!

I've actually just ignored him...just got this "50 euro i will let u suck my****only way i would let u"

Blocked :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Hope you know not all guys are like that!
    Just started tentatively on Okcupid myself, I like the website so far.

Good luck on OkC... I prefer PoF myself, joined OKC last night...find the search function a bit annoying...

Good luck on OkC... I prefer PoF myself, joined OKC last night...find the search function a bit annoying...

lot of inactive people i find on Okc though.That have not being there in a while..

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

I have to laugh, just signing-up to pof now and the two words it showed for the human verification thing were 'flaps' and 'booby'. interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

What is it about Sunday nights and POF? The weirdos really come out of the wood work!

Sunday nights are lazy nights for most people.... the creeps are hunting their prey for the coming week on PoF :D

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭corkgal1981

I joined plentyoffish.com last week and have deleted my account already! I was getting way too many messages! Just seemed to get asked 'How are you? etc way too much. Sounds mean but I just knew I was never going to find someone I'd be interested in on it. Was my first time joining an online dating site though so maybe I'll try one of the others. What do people think? Is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

I joined plentyoffish.com last week and have deleted my account already! I was getting way too many messages! Just seemed to get asked 'How are you? etc way too much. Sounds mean but I just knew I was never going to find someone I'd be interested in on it. Was my first time joining an online dating site though so maybe I'll try one of the others. What do people think? Is it worth it?

But isn't the fact that you were getting messages mean there was interest...

Also the messages are just an easy way for people to introduce themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 ilwk

I totally agree with the "How are you?" messages, they are extremely annoying! But you do get less and less of them as time goes by. I think its a newbie thing, they just all want to say hello. You just have to learn to sift through them and reply to the ones you are interested in. If that's all I saw, I just deleted them straight away. If he didn't make an effort with his first message then he never will! It can get very tedious (and addictive) but I eventually found the fish for me. We celebrated our 1 year anniversary yesterday and I couldn't be happier :) Stick with it, you'd never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

So this cute 22 year old has added me to favourites on POF, also clicks yes to meet me, and sends a chat request last night. I try to start chat, and it crashes laptop. So I decide to message her instead. The message wont send because she has her rules set to 27 and younger, and im 28. No way of letting her know that that's why I cant message her. UGH

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭corkgal1981

ilwk wrote: »
    I totally agree with the "How are you?" messages, they are extremely annoying! But you do get less and less of them as time goes by. I think its a newbie thing, they just all want to say hello. You just have to learn to sift through them and reply to the ones you are interested in. If that's all I saw, I just deleted them straight away. If he didn't make an effort with his first message then he never will! It can get very tedious (and addictive) but I eventually found the fish for me. We celebrated our 1 year anniversary yesterday and I couldn't be happier :) Stick with it, you'd never know!

Wow, thats inspiring, maybe I'll give it another go! Happy Anniversary to you both! :)

That's really frustrating. Maybe keep viewing her page, you'll eventually creep her out and she'll post here looking for advice :p then you can PM her...

that won't creep her out at all

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

*reactivates accounts*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

i think the thing on pof is it shows you anyone who's ever checked your profile from when they were last online. that doesn't mean that they keep checking your profile over and over, just that they were logged in, even if they only checked you out once a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

i think the thing on pof is it shows you anyone who's ever checked your profile from when they were last online. that doesn't mean that they keep checking your profile over and over, just that they were logged in, even if they only checked you out once a few months ago.

There is a single row that does that, but below that (the bigger list) it shows who's viewed in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Galvasean wrote: »
    There is a single row that does that, but below that (the bigger list) it shows who's viewed in order.

but that doesn't say if they check over and over. there's no list that provides that, unless it's changed recently.

In the bottom list, if some constantly appears at top on list....stalker alert!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Started setting up a profile on POF, just wanted to check it out.

I don't think I'll be able to finish these damn questions on the test. My god they never end!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement