Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

actually, it has the makings of a new line of nescafe ads. get back to him. you could be the next 'will they ever?' couple!

kinda reminded me of the golf add :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Samich wrote: »
    well it's quite a funny coincidence actually ;)

I pm'd a girl on here, and I messaged a girl on pof ;) And guess what, they were the same person :P :eek::pac:

Haha! What are the chances!:)
    That's the stuff, fair play to you, writing the oul first message can be awful daunting sometimes.
    Did you get name and number yet?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

papagormo wrote: »
    Haha! What are the chances!:)
    That's the stuff, fair play to you, writing the oul first message can be awful daunting sometimes.
    Did you get name and number yet?!

I'm sure she could answer for herself :P She's on this thread somewhere ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭MeganM

*whistles*

I'm sure she could answer for herself :P She's on this thread somewhere ;)
    MeganM wrote: »
    *whistles*

:eek::eek::eek:

I'm right aren't I?!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭MeganM

:eek::eek::eek:

I'm right aren't I?!:pac:

There's no getting past him is there? :D

MeganM wrote: »
    There's no getting past him is there? :D

Megan, I no longer think you should respond with that "knee in the balls" ending to the story, fecking Samich will sue the...err..ballz off me!!:o
    :pac::pac:
    Oh and give him a name and number for jaysus sake!
    (See Samich, I got yo back!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Megan, I no longer think you should respond with that "knee in the balls" ending to the story, fecking Samich will sue the...err..ballz off me!!:o
    :pac::pac:
    Oh and give him a name and number for jaysus sake!
    (See Samich, I got yo back!)

I think I know her first name anyways :P

and who says I don't already have the number? :P

Well, it looks like my work here is done so,
    yer both welcome!:p
    Night folks!:pac:
    (arrange a date)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

What Do People think Of Maybefriends.com.?? Is it any good??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

I've never tried it. It's a paid site right? I guess there would be very few time wasters if people have to actually part with their cash to join...

I've never tried it. It's a paid site right? I guess there would be very few time wasters if people have to actually part with their cash to join...

ya it is around 24e for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Thats the theory - doesnt always work out like that though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

wonder is it worth it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 1saddude

I tried free dating sites, no one replies to me though. Too ugly and not interesting enough I suppose.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I'm thinking of going for a paid site, don't know which one though. I went to sign up for parship but accidentally put man looking for man and it didn't allow me to back screen :mad: So now emails from GayParship are coming into my email as well as the corrected normal ones. I know it's probably been asked here before but with 488 pages, I really don't want to go through it all. Has anyone here had a much better "hit ratio" (can't think of a better phrase) on a paid site compared to free sites? From what I see a lot of these paid sites have a lot of free members who can't do anything until they pay and also someone I'm convinced is a shiller contacted me this morning "Meredith from Kerry", who the hell is called Meredith in Ireland?
    Thanks

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

1saddude wrote: »
    I tried free dating sites, no one replies to me though. Too ugly and not interesting enough I suppose.

I don't know you in the slightest so I am going to make a total guess though and just say your username implies negativity, this post was pretty negative and the other thread you posted in TGC was pretty negative so I am guessing you have a pessimistic and negative disposition which is generally not attractive to others.

If you drop the negativity and focus on a more upbeat and positive disposition I reckon it will get you more interest from people on dating sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

The problem with the paid sites i.e parship, match, anotherfriend etc is that you can set up a profile and check out others etc without paying - to exchange messages or details (differs on each site) you need to pay.

Now while you are still a 'free' member you will get lots of mail saying these people are checking you out or ideal for you etc - you pay up and then look at them to find they all live in the US or have 'deleted' their profile. You are then left with the others - most of which are members of the free sites too - some of them you may have already dated!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

im having a brillant laugh on POF again. completely lowered my relationship expectations. started off as long term, then downgraded to serious dating, then down to dating nothing serious and finally ive arrived at NSA.

dont know how long the novelty will last for...but so far its been a great laugh. i found all the guys to be so overly pretentious in the dating category. now its all just about fun.

havnt actually gone on a "date" in this section yet but its got to be a million times better then when I was actually looking in the dating section.

still match.com had the more genuine people. POF is kinda a piss take really.

Dovies wrote: »
    The problem with the paid sites i.e parship, match, anotherfriend etc is that you can set up a profile and check out others etc without paying - to exchange messages or details (differs on each site) you need to pay.

Now while you are still a 'free' member you will get lots of mail saying these people are checking you out or ideal for you etc - you pay up and then look at them to find they all live in the US or have 'deleted' their profile. You are then left with the others - most of which are members of the free sites too - some of them you may have already dated!! :(

ya ur right there Benaughty.com & cupid.com are like that full of fakes & when u pay the mail suddenly disappears & left with ones that u tried already.be warned

• Advertisement

im having a brillant laugh on POF again. completely lowered my relationship expectations. started off as long term, then downgraded to serious dating, then down to dating nothing serious and finally ive arrived at NSA.

dont know how long the novelty will last for...but so far its been a great laugh. i found all the guys to be so overly pretentious in the dating category. now its all just about fun.

havnt actually gone on a "date" in this section yet but its got to be a million times better then when I was actually looking in the dating section.

still match.com had the more genuine people. POF is kinda a piss take really.

but costs money every time u want to do something(check visitors ££,msg someone more money etc... ) costs a fortune

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

First time on pof that a girl has contacted me.
    Ivan_itchygee wants to meet you! Click below to view profile of Ivan_itchygee

sigh.....

Xios wrote: »

sigh.....

Her sis is there too Ivana Humpalot :p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

POF I think is just a giggle dating site. Same people there all the time :rolleyes:

Knocked that one on the head.

Sticking with CS though mainly for the forums.

*now im off to get 10 cats and rollers for my hair* :o

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Xios wrote: »

sigh.....

Ah should check her out, you never know what you'll get.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

No one has asked me about the really nice girl I'm chatting to :P

so how are you getting on with that? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

POF is kinda a piss take really.

I had been thinking the same thing myself and was just about to give up on it when i got chatting to a lovely guy, who i have alot in common with :D
    I was beginning to wonder was there anyone on there for me :confused: but lets see how this one goes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

POF is kinda a piss take really.

I dunno, I met three guys off that site and although there was 'no spark' two seemed like nice guys, just not for me. And one was a head wreck who didn't seem to know what he wanted. I think it's all about how you word your profile to be honest.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Larianne wrote: »
    And one was a head wreck who didn't seem to know what he wanted.

What if you're like me and very open to different things? I wouldn't have a particular ideal girl or relationship.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

What if you're like me and very open to different things? I wouldn't have a particular ideal girl or relationship.

well then go on and have fun? I think the hole point of larianne's post was that people want different things. I think some people tend to forget that...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement