Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Internet dating dosent really work.

Internet dating doesn't work if you live outside Dublin. When I was living in Dublin I got a few dates from it. Everywhere else is too small and you just see the same faces over and over and over.................

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

I think we can all accept given the length of this thread and the regularity of the posters that Internet dating dosent really work.

Ah rodger I think you're wrong about that... maybe i'm just annoyingly optimistic but I think the reason you don't have that many on here who are being successful is that once you are successful you no longer have the need to post in a forum where we all detail the woes of online dating. Lot's of people have popped in and posted about their great relationships which are often years old and started out with a couple of messages in the internet.

Anyway, I've been so busy lately so I haven't been replying to any of my wonderful suitors on POF, I have been going on and checking mails though (can't help myself) and I have to say POF > OKcupid when it comes to hilarity. Theres a few who mailed and look really promising too so when I'm freed up in two weeks I'm going to go through every one and go on a mailing binge Ive got around 200 mails now :pac: so all the ones calling me hun and filled with xx's will get a swift delete.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

oh for gods sake....you can have a pressie too... this is best I could do on short notice...

I'd be the one suffering from travel sickness if I was to go to Dublin all the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I think we can all accept given the length of this thread and the regularity of the posters that Internet dating dosent really work.

Please bare in mind that the majority of the people are using free based sites which mean... that while on a pya site there maybe one clown, male or female, I hate clowns. :eek: but its a factor if people maybe dipped 50 yoyos into the pockets... im sure there would be a better margin of sucess... but people are fookin weird I know one girl who meet her bf online and being honest he a top bloke so I think it depends on the people....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

I'd be the one suffering from travel sickness if I was to go to Dublin all the time

OMG fine...sickness tabs for you too...

and before you moan....have some free fuel....

GPA_Fuelcard.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Attaching the Boards name to anything would need to be sanctioned by those much higher up than mods or Admins.If you are interested in something like that then Id suggest running it by the Boards community manager Dav before offering to arrange anything.

huh? none of the forum beers are ever "cleared" by admin level. Its just a social gathering, After hours had one last month, I've been to several.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Just in the middle of setting up my account on POF and writing about myself, is a lot harder than I thought ha ha

OMG fine...sickness tabs for you too...

and before you moan....have some free fuel....

Why would I need a fuel card? I'll be coming by train ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

zuroph wrote: »
    huh? none of the forum beers are ever "cleared" by admin level. Its just a social gathering, After hours had one last month, I've been to several.

You're right, it's just boards users meeting up, not a Boards official event.

Why would I need a fuel card? I'll be coming by train ;)

never happy! :(

I'll have jeeves collect you from Heuston :p

• Advertisement

Profile done...

Now onto looking for a few photos of myself...

To Facebook:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

you two need to swap profies :pac:

So do women make the first move that much on these sites...

Like in your experiences of course:D

Can Jeeves drive me back to KK?

Can Jeeves drive me back to KK?

You'd never want to leave :p

Edit: You'd never be allowed to leave

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

busyliving wrote: »

Of course we do!! :D:D

You'd never want to leave :p

Edit: You'd never be allowed to leave

Oh God, not another one with a dungeon.

Fine... you can leave.... but I may have tattooed my phone number on you so you never forget it again

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I've gotten quite a few first messages from women. So, there are women out there who make the first move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Dovies wrote: »
    Of course we do!! :D:D

It happens, but i think you've a better chance of doing shots with bigfoot tbh.

• Advertisement

Fine... you can leave.... but I may have tattooed my phone number on you so you never forget it again

:p

I'm scared

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Any woman I've ever met up with from online dating contacted me first, either by mailing or luring me out with the 'meet me' feature or publically adding me to their favourites.

Dord wrote: »
    I've gotten quite a few first messages from women. So, there are women out there who make the first move.

are you a sxy bastid then :)?

yeah you do get messages... is nice some are really sound summer are cwazy :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭looky loo

Galvasean wrote: »
    Any woman I've ever met up with from online dating contacted me first, either by mailing or luring me out with the 'meet me' feature or publically adding me to their favourites.

That 'meet me' feature on POF, you're right its a luring technique, and then when you look they live 600kms away.....why! why!...crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭looky loo

I'm scared

You two are funny, you should go on a date. Just dont go in the dungeon...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

From my very brief experience, I've gotten a lot of messages from the women first. Honestly I haven't sent a message to anyone first, haven't really had to.

(I mean that in least arrogant way possible :pac: )

Sonics2k wrote: »
    From my very brief experience, I've gotten a lot of messages from the women first. Honestly I haven't sent a message to anyone first, haven't really had to.

(I mean that in least arrogant way possible :pac: )

Must have some great pictures:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Must have some great pictures:p

Only the one haha, and it's up on the Know Your Loungers thread in tLL.

looky loo wrote: »
    That 'meet me' feature on POF, you're right its a luring technique, and then when you look they live 600kms away.....why! why!...crazy.

That never happens to me i just get women who say weird things on there profile that are an instant turn off... :confused:

I mean i read and i face palm

• Advertisement

I'm scared

No need to be scared.... I'm lovely really....

:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement