Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Pembily wrote: »
    Is there a way to hide your photo on OKC?

nope you can attach pictures to messages if you want to...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

liz2 wrote: »
    he's just having a rant like myself...:pac:
    Ya Feckin women :D:D:D:P:P:P:P
    Waitin now for the abuse to come in:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

nope you can attach pictures to messages if you want to...

Only if you have an upgraded account!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

So is that singles night meet up thing, that was suggested a few days ago going anywhere?

Also sorry for going off topic but, is there such things as single bars in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

Ya Feckin men :D:D:D:P:P:P:P
    Waitin now for the abuse to come in:P:P

i could say the same thing myself!! :P:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Pembily wrote: »
    Only if you have an upgraded account!

ooo they changed that rule well i dunno then :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

one liners.....grrrrrrr :rolleyes:

Just sent out a few messages earlier, and playing the waiting game(fyi; the waiting game sucks:D)

Tried a few different message types, as I'm new to this just going at it with the mentality of having a bit of craic really

...But I did use a few awful jokes, so lets see if bad jokes open doors:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Just back from a multi-hour date. Talked about dinosaurs ALOT.
    Was like being on date with me. This pleases my narcissism :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Galvasean wrote: »
    Just back from a multi-hour date. Talked about dinosaurs ALOT.
    Was like being on date with me. This pleases my narcissism :)

Homer_Simpson_2006.png
    Galv

250px-Abbie.png
    His Date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭cuddlylad

hi guys, i asked some advice on the below about 3 week ago:
    cuddlylad wrote: »
    hi guys,
    i have been txting a nice girl that i met on match. she seems lovely and have spent every evening over the last 3 week txting each other. thing is both of us have very busy working lives and we never seem to have a free evening because of other personal commitments fot both of us. i feel that if we dont soon meet the spark could be lost. any way main point - where or what makes for a good first date?? i met a girl before and we went to the zoo, dinner after in Johnny foxs and a drive home across the dublin mountains, we had a great day and really got on wit her but the relationship just frizzled out itself. im not so sure though about the zoo because if we didnt get on it could be a long day. any idea welcome!!

here is what happened, much to my surprise!!!

met for dinner on sat nite, went to a nice resturant and got on well. loads in common etc. kissed that nite and went home.

Go to the cinema sunday nite, and then kissed, got abit carried away and she ended up going down on me,twice, and went home (i'm not really complianing, it was sweet)

Couldnt meet during the week as both of us are very busy people, meet her sat nite, nothing serious happened but she text me later to see if it was too soon to spend a night together???????????

now dont get me wrong she is a nice girl but on the 3rd date to be looking to spend the night together is a little bit quick imo, i hardly even know the girl.
    so now i;m wondering what to do and does she do this with every guy she meets??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Ye had been in contact with eachother for a number of weeks before ye even met so dont look at it in the how many dates ye have had crap.She is clearly into you and you seem taken with her.

If you dont want to have sex with her just yet then dont,I doubt she is holding a gun to your head.

hi guys, i asked some advice on the below about 3 week ago:

here is what happened, much to my surprise!!!

met for dinner on sat nite, went to a nice resturant and got on well. loads in common etc. kissed that nite and went home.

Go to the cinema sunday nite, and then kissed, got abit carried away and she ended up going down on me,twice, and went home (i'm not really complianing, it was sweet)

Couldnt meet during the week as both of us are very busy people, meet her sat nite, nothing serious happened but she text me later to see if it was too soon to spend a night together???????????

now dont get me wrong she is a nice girl but on the 3rd date to be looking to spend the night together is a little bit quick imo, i hardly even know the girl.

hmmm........

I fail to see the issue here.

You have been in regular contact for the past 6 weeks, but due to circumstances beyond both of your control you only met up this weekend.

At this stage the girl obviously feels that she knows you well enough, and to be honest, after 6 weeks of texting/mailing, and probably chatting on the phone, it would be a reasonable enough assumption. If i was in that level of contact with someone i wouldn't have a problem with taking it a bit further after 3 or 4 dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Bit double standards here cuddlylad!! You should have thought about that before you let her do what she did!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Dovies wrote: »
    Bit double standards here cuddlylad!! You should have thought about that before you let her do what she did!!!!

Agreed.

It is hypocritical letting someone go down on you and then alluding to the idea that they may be 'easy' or whatever afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Maybe she is a confidant girl who is comfortable with her sexuality (doesn't sleep with every guy she meets just guys she really likes) and is only willing to sleep with you on the third date because you were willing to let her go down on you on the second date. If you had said no then maybe she would of waited a bit longer but you have given her every indication that you are into her so maybe she figures you are a confidant person who is comfortable with your sexuality as well but if you are not then maybe you should say it to her so she can find someone more compatible?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Dovies wrote: »

A stiff c**k has no conscience!

Anyone wrote: »
    A stiff c**k has no conscience!

tbh that is very true and is part of the problem!!

as i said things got a bit carried away, you know what can happen with a new partner!!

but to me spending the night together only means one thing!!?? i'm not sure if i want to sleep with a girl i only met a week ago, ok i didnt stop her from giving me a bj but its only fooling around and very different frm intersourse!

my reply to her txt about spending a nite together was that i'd really love to, which i would, but that maybe we should take our time and see what happens, she just said yeah grand.
    tbh i dont want to go sleeping with her if its not going to work out, and its still abit early to know if it will work out
    i'm thinking of her feelings here more than anything, how would she feel and what would she think of me if i slept with her and it didnt work out??

tbh that is very true and is part of the problem!!

as i said things got a bit carried away, you know what can happen with a new partner!!

but to me spending the night together only means one thing!!?? i'm not sure if i want to sleep with a girl i only met a week ago, ok i didnt stop her from giving me a bj but its only fooling around and very different frm intersourse!

my reply to her txt about spending a nite together was that i'd really love to, which i would, but that maybe we should take our time and see what happens, she just said yeah grand.
    tbh i dont want to go sleeping with her if its not going to work out, and its still abit early to know if it will work out

You've been in contact for 6 weeks. At this stage you should know whether or not there is SOMETHING there.

This may seem like a totally off topic question, but do you live with your parents? Is it that you bringing a girl home for sex this early into a relationship (as far as they are concerned) would be seen as a no no?

Apologies if that comes across as condescending, but that is the only reason that would be stopping me from being with someone who i am attracted to, who is attracted to me and have been in regular contact (if not regular physical contact) for 6 weeks....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Staying over doesn't necessarily mean sex. I went out with a girl before, staying over regularly and she didn't want to have sex, ever, as in we never had sex, not once in the year we were together.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

I agree with a lot of what's been said here. I don't think you can judge her as being easy if you were happy to go along with it. Like someone else said, she may just be comfortable with her sexuality...don't knock it, plenty of guys would love that in a girl they were seeing.

You can spend a night together, maybe quiet night in, you can share a bed without having to have sex. There are plenty of other things you can do, or you don't have to do anything.

Main thing is, you're spending time with someone you like. Just don't do anything you're not comfortable with.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

as i said things got a bit carried away, you know what can happen with a new partner!!!?

It's also a bit late to be passing judgement now!!!! You got carried away yet when she wants to you judge :confused: Typical double standards!
    but to me spending the night together only means one thing!!?? i'm not sure if i want to sleep with a girl i only met a week ago, ok i didnt stop her from giving me a bj but its only fooling around and very different frm intersourse!?

Eh not to everyone, to me oral IS WAAAY more intimate!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

i'm thinking of her feelings here more than anything, how would she feel and what would she think of me if i slept with her and it didnt work out??

No offence but I think when you let her give you a blowjob you have already passed the point of taking your time and seeing what happens, you have already entered a sexual relationship with girl so I don't see the point in pretending otherwise.

If you were genuinely thinking of this woman's feelings you would of not agreed to the blowjob if you did not feel ready for a sexual relationship with her. I think you are being insecure with your double standards to be honest.

rite!! dont know where to start now.

firstly we have been txting the 8th of aug, we met for the first time 27th aug, 2nd time 28th and again 3rd sept. now to me you cant get to know someone by texting. if i want i could be a high court judge earning €500k driving a bentlely in a txt mesage. you can only get to know someone in the flesh(excuse the pun)

gatecrash,as regards living with parents - both of us live with parents but i spent 4 yrs in college and travelled half the world so if i want to have sex with someone i will regardless of what my parents think. this isnt an issue. in fact she is talking about going to a hotel to spend the nite together.

oompaloompa- dont get me wrong i have a high sex drive and i am delighted that she seems to have as well.

in the past i've really only had one night stands or **** buddys so havent much experience at this relationship thing, then im not sure what she wants, maybe i have read it wrong and she isnt looking for a relationship!!

the last girl i was with, we broke up at the end of jan after seening each other for 4mths, fooled around but didnt have full blow intersourse for about 3 mths.

im not really sure what ye mean about doubel standards, maybe someone would explaing this? bouble standards to me would be if she was doing all the givein and me all the receiving but me not wanting to give anything back in return??

i havent judged the girl either, in fact she has great power in her ties and keeps them well squeezed if ye see what i mean and i respect her for this.
    alot nd not to go into rude details she didnt exactly ask me if i wanted a blowjob she just did it!!

anyways i do apprechiate all the comments and advice and im just chatting out the problem here not running down anyones comments, more opinions welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

Have to agree with what others are saying on the six week issue, at this stage you shoul know each other really well and seeing as you got "carried away" the chemistry must be right too.

Fair enough if it's your personal thing to wait longer but don't start assuming the girl is easy, maybe she likes you more than you like her? you sound like you don't really see the relationship having a lot of distance in it? cut her lose now rather than later if that's the case, stringer her along is just as bad as having sex.

Oh and one other thing, personally going down on a guy is a bigger thing than sex to me, in my opinion it requires a lot of trust, so just as one other poster said I think your relationship has already crossed over into a sexual one.

^ a bit of simultaneous posting seems to have occurred....you've address most of what i've said.....you could have said no to the blowjob by the way, if your able to say no to sex i don't see the difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Double standards re you are judging what type of girl she is to want to sleep with you soon when you were quite happy to let her give you a blow job.

Not rocket science :confused:

Right so I'm back. I set up the pof profile around 2 weeks ago, I've been logging on when I get mails and snooping through profiles but haven't replied or sent any mails as I just didn't have the time till now.
    So I've got give or take 180 mails to go through and try and find some diamonds among the monsters, this should be great fun. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

So I've got give or take 180 mails to go through and try and find some diamonds among the monsters, this should be great fun. :pac:

wow, thats alot of mails...:pac:
    good luck, theres bound to be a gem in there somewhere :P

Right so I'm back. I set up the pof profile around 2 weeks ago, I've been logging on when I get mails and snooping through profiles but haven't replied or sent any mails as I just didn't have the time till now.

Can I assume your from the Dublin region...or else have a serious profile?

That's a lot of mails

• Advertisement

busyliving wrote: »
    Can I assume your from the Dublin region...or else have a serious profile?

That's a lot of mails

Yeah Dublin region, to be honest there's not a lot to the majority of them, I've deleted around 20 so far...all the mails were along the lines of "xxxx" "hey sxc/sexy/insert pet name i have not earnt" or "hey wanna cam"...Don't start thinking i'm some kind of online man magnet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement