Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Then maybe don't accept blowjobs in the cinema at the start.

Men give out about wrong signals. The girl wants to move it on and get a bit of pleasure for herself as she clearly enjoyed giving him pleasure.

Men! And I'm a man! ;)

Tbh, me finds this a tad too unbelievable!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Maguined wrote: »
    How does having sex with someone prevent any of these thing from happening and therefore building your relationship on that? Just because I have sex with someone does not mean I no longer find them trustworthy, funny or interesting, why does sex change these things for you?

Well if somebody has sex with me, I have to severely doubt their decision making tbh :pac:

Oh and slightly more OT, my third coming on OKCupid has got off to a good start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

how many 3rd dates have you gone on? its not unusual to sleep together on the 3rd date, in fact its pretty much the norm.

3rd date: Sex/Or spooning

Thats pretty much it. If you have not had sex by the 3rd date or soon after...your in the friends zone and time to move on.

Seriously? Does the third date rule actually apply? No way would I follow any such rule when dating. It depends on the person you're dating obviously, but personally I'd much rather wait. If someone likes me, then they should have no problem holding out for sex when we're both ready.

To be honest, if I felt in anyway pressured, that would be the nail in the coffin...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Seriously? Does the third date rule actually apply? No way would I follow any such rule when dating. It depends on the person you're dating obviously, but personally I'd much rather wait. If someone likes me, then they should have no problem holding out for sex when we're both ready.

To be honest, if I felt in anyway pressured, that would be the nail in the coffin...

Absolutely. 3rd date - nope. Maybe thats why we are still single! :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Then maybe don't accept blowjobs in the cinema at the start.

^^^^^ lol

Just back from 2 weeks hols and a nice break from internet dating, had a few promising emails and was chatting to one guy in particular, exchanged 4 or 5 emails asking lots of questions and getting on well, then in his last one he chit-chatted for a bit and then wrote "nice chatting to you, chat again soon".

Just replied, "great to chat to you too" but kinda disappointed as thought we were nearing the asking for a date stage, should I wait and see or ask him out?

How's everyone else getting on? Anyone any hot dates this weekend planned?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

^^^^^ lol

Just back from 2 weeks hols and a nice break from internet dating, had a few promising emails and was chatting to one guy in particular, exchanged 4 or 5 emails asking lots of questions and getting on well, then in his last one he chit-chatted for a bit and then wrote "nice chatting to you, chat again soon".

Just replied, "great to chat to you too" but kinda disappointed as thought we were nearing the asking for a date stage, should I wait and see or ask him out?

How's everyone else getting on? Anyone any hot dates this weekend planned?

Sorry xx, but to me that looks like the brush off mail. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

gatecrash wrote: »
    Sorry xx, but to me that looks like the brush off mail. :(

I agree, I'm afraid.

He'd have asked outright if he was overly interested as on sites there is no point hanging around in case someone else gets in there first ;)

Never mind, stick at it if you are enjoying it. I'm sure there are plenty of others that won't be so quick to hang up, so to speak :)

Dammit!! Back to the drawing board for me, he has viewed my profile twice today as well, annoying :(

Just got an email from someone who said he had a friend who saw my profile and really liked it and gave me his friends email address as he doesn't have an account, bit of a leap of faith to email though as I generally don't mail anyone without pics.... Curiosity may well get the better of me though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Okie dokey, one rule I do prescribe to re: online dating is that after 3 dates I stop talking about it in any detail on this thread as it is no longer really talk of online dating.

So... Bye! :)

Go Galva :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

Galvasean wrote: »
    Okie dokey, one rule I do prescribe to re: online dating is that after 3 dates I stop talking about it in any detail on this thread as it is no longer really talk of online dating.

So... Bye! :)

Common-snapping-turtle-13556.jpg

:eek:

aw you guys :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

.... after 3 dates I stop talking about it in any detail on this thread as it is no longer really talk of online dating.

OK, so what thread do we go to for all the details then?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Seriously? Does the third date rule actually apply?

I've never met one person in real life who applies these "rules". They belong to movies and online discussions. There are obviously untold number of serious, long-term relationships in the world where the couple did not have sex (or anything close to sex other than a kiss) on the third date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

I've never met one person in real life who applies these "rules". They belong to movies and online discussions. There are obviously untold number of serious, long-term relationships in the world where the couple did not have sex (or anything close to sex other than a kiss) on the third date.

I have, I dated a girl for a short time who had all sorts of crazy rules. It was probably because she was actually crazy, Her favourite topic was her brother and how funny he was and when she wasn't talking about him she was asking me as many questions as possible.

Anyways back to this online dating lark! Not going that great for me so far. I've one date lined up with a girl that contacted me, she seems pretty cool we have a good bit in common but i'm not too sure if i'm attracted to her, guess i'll have to wait and see!
    Apart from that there have been a couple of girls i've been chatting to getting on really well and then they just stop messaging me. Not sure why it is , I have pictures up so don't think it's that.
    I'll stick it out for a little while longer see how it goes but i'm not very hopeful!

My first proper girlfriend didn't even kiss me 'til the third date. We lasted 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

My first proper girlfriend didn't even kiss me 'til the third date. We lasted 6 months.
    Another 3 months and you might've seen her bedroom. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I thought this had become a thread about how soon is it to have sex and not online dating?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Little Miss Lady

Will I be really original and ask what's the best online dating site to meet genuine guys who are not just after a good time? .....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Will I be really original and ask what's the best online dating site to meet genuine guys who are not just after a good time? .....

Well from what I can see, is you have only two real options in OkCupid and Plenty Of Fish...They are both free...

If your looking for a pay site, I don't much about those...

OkCupid doesn't seem that popular outside the Dublin region, from what I've seen on there

Hope I was helpful:)

• Advertisement

It all depends on your age and location.

Some sites are better than others, depending on age profile

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Little Miss Lady

Thanks a mil I may set up a profile on Monday.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Welcome to he...I mean welcome! Hooray!:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

How's everyone else getting on?

I had a lunch date yesterday....;) and meeting him again soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Cool , i'll be sending you a really witty and funny message sometime on Monday evening :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

lads calm down there enough women out there for every one

all i can say is you reminded me of

thechildcatcher.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Try Smooch as well. Its a free site and I get mail from all over the country so if you aren't in Dublin it may be okay too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

Depends how serious you are looking. POF is full of guys who send photos of their cock. Espect to get about 100 emails aday with "Hey hun" and 20 extra emails with photos of them naked and cock etc. Majority of POF guys who say they are looking for dating are actually chancing their arm for ONS. I have had guys email me and it says they dont want women looking for intimate encounters yet they will ask me if I am looking. Their profile range from Hanging out, dating, to long term yet they still send me photos of their cock.

OKCupid the profiles are very inactive.

The only useful website I found was match.com. People complain you have to pay but I this stops alot of messers using it and you find genuine people looking for a relationship. I usually look around it. If i find a profile i like I sign up for the month. I have met lots of lovely guys on that website whereas POF had lots of weirdos and rude blokes on it.

Depends how serious you are looking. POF is full of guys who send photos of their cock. Espect to get about 100 emails aday with "Hey hun" and 20 extra emails with photos of them naked and cock etc. Majority of POF guys who say they are looking for dating are actually chancing their arm for ONS. I have had guys email me and it says they dont want women looking for intimate encounters yet they will ask me if I am looking. Their profile range from Hanging out, dating, to long term yet they still send me photos of their cock.

OKCupid the profiles are very inactive.

The only useful website I found was match.com. People complain you have to pay but I this stops alot of messers using it and you find genuine people looking for a relationship. I usually look around it. If i find a profile i like I sign up for the month. I have met lots of lovely guys on that website whereas POF had lots of weirdos and rude blokes on it.

I haven't tried match yet, but the paid sites do tend to attract less messers alright. Even though the paid site that i'm on (leaving this week, month subs are up) has a really annoying new feature, a mass mail thing. And the filters that they have are shite too. I've had mails from blokes on it even though i quite clearly state i am looking for a lady!

• Advertisement

lads calm down there enough women out there for every one

all i can say is you reminded me of

thechildcatcher.jpg

:D

A child abuser?????????? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement