Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭click_here!!!

Check if profile photos were just copied from the internet instead of being real by going to http://www.tineye.com . It'll find if their photo is from the internet.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I met up with a girl that i met on the site im on yesterday. It was my first time meeting up with anyone from a dating site but we both had a really good time. We just spent a few hours hanging out and chatting.

We had been messaging and texting each other for a few months so we already knew a lot about each other which is probably why i wasnt as nervous about meeting her.

Anyway we're planning to meet up again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Nicely done brú.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Galvasean wrote: »
    I

Also, I have noticed recently an alarming number of very old looking 28 year olds... like REALLY old looking...

damm straight some of those wrinkles you'd get lost in :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Ok, so im back on the dating scene again :mad:

What websites should i go for?

• Advertisement

Just had a look at my outbox on connectingsingles.... most of the mails I sent have not even been opened...

OH COME ON!!!!!! YOU'RE ALWAYS ONLINE FFS!

No wonder I stopped using these sites :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Just had a look at my outbox on connectingsingles.... most of the mails I sent have not even been opened...

checks out my OKC inbox....no email from Galvasean - damn

:P

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Ok, so im back on the dating scene again :mad:

What websites should i go for?

I love that post its like asking what kinda phone i should buy :)

I dont like ok cupid its matching system is off. tried to tell me Id get on really well with a femminist... as much as i do respect women, my opinion is simple,
    Lifes about having fun and my experence say those people are far to boring for my liking...
    so Id say pof... meet some lovely ladys on there im sure theres some cool dudes on it some where... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I love that post its like asking what kinda phone i should buy :)

I dont like ok cupid its matching system is off. tried to tell me Id get on really well with a femminist... as much as i do respect women, my opinion is simple,
    Lifes about having fun and my experence say those people are far to boring for my liking...
    so Id say pof... meet some lovely ladys on there im sure theres some cool dudes on it some where... :cool:

How did you know she was a feminist?And feminists do have lots of fun ya know :)

Snoopy, Personally I find POF really juvenile, and mainly for men and women wanting a shag. I never met up with anyone from that site though so I guess maybe I didn't give it a fair shot.
    I found okcupid to be much more to my liking. I think if you answer the questionnaire honestly you get matched up with people who have similar outlooks and goals as you do.

panda100 wrote: »
    How did you know she was a feminist?And feminists do have lots of fun ya know :)

It said Im an active member of a feminist front liberation coumcill or some sh1t, on here profile I switched of. I did look at her picvtures truthfully i was suprised I didnt see a picture of her holding an ak 47 witha dildo attached to it and a slogin saying some thing like stickin it to the man :D....

sadly not every ones a creative as me :)... Or perverted :cool:

but sure every one can have fun but like us all we all have different aspects of what fun is..... :)

• Advertisement

S-M, I think I visited that one (or indeed a very similar one). I must admit that I too found the phrasing somewhat offputting. If someone feels the need to put something like that on their dating site profile they can look a bit like a zealot.

Well im a lady and looking for blokes.
    I met my last boyfriend on POF, so would probably like to try something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Well im a lady and looking for blokes. I met my last boyfriend on POF, so would probably like to try something different.

If POF worked, wouldn't trying it again be a good idea?

Ive a feeling he will be on there, so dont want to see his face all the time

Ive a feeling he will be on there, so dont want to see his face all the time

Do like my ex did to me and block him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

I often wonder do some women set up profiles on these things just to see how many emails they can accumulate to somehow satisfy their own self esteem.

Don't think I've had many respond to a mail I've sent, but I've received some bloody weird mails out of the blue. Most being just "you're cute", and I'm not entirely sure how to respond to that or expand from that into some form of conversation..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I often wonder do some women set up profiles on these things just to see how many emails they can accumulate to somehow satisfy their own self esteem.

Don't think I've had many respond to a mail I've sent, but I've received some bloody weird mails out of the blue. Most being just "you're cute", and I'm not entirely sure how to respond to that or expand from that into some form of conversation..

Options

1) Thanks for that compliment :D (or ;)) *random other chit chat*

2) Yeah I know it's kinda awesome :pac: *random other chit chat*

It means they fancy you. You could yell, "honi honi loo loo!" at them and they'd probably still adore you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Options

1) Thanks for that compliment :D (or ;)) *random other chit chat*

2) Yeah I know it's kinda awesome :pac: *random other chit chat*

I've gone with option one and just asked maybe how their weekend was or something, yet don't get a response!

**shakes fist in an angry manner**

I've gone with option one and just asked maybe how their weekend was or something, yet don't get a response!

Hmm, reminds me of back when I was on smooch (awful website altogether, used to be kind of bad but now its atrocious!) some girl messaged me telling me she thought I was really good looking. She seemed really keen and chatty, so we mailed and IM'd a good bit, always asking me questions and wanting to know more, wanting to arrange the next chat time etc.
    Could not convince her to go on a date, even though her profile stated she was single and looking for dating. Whatever that was all about. :confused:

• Advertisement

Well now you know to go with option two!
    Gotta love a little bit of cheekiness in a fella :D
    No harm in trying it anyway :)
    Hmm, reminds me of back when I was on smooch (awful website altogether, used to be kind of bad but now its atrocious!) some girl messaged me telling me she thought I was really good looking. She seemed really keen and chatty, so we mailed and IM'd a good bit, always asking me questions and wanting to know more, wanting to arrange the next chat time etc.
    Could not convince her to go on a date, even though her profile stated she was single and looking for dating. Whatever that was all about. :confused:

Hmmm that is odd....maybe she was new to the whole thing and just wasn't ready for going on actual dates just yet.

Ooooor she was secretly married and only doing it for the flirty kicks of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I for one am a fan of internet dating i personally find trying to meet a woman in a pub in ireland absolutely useless, everyone just to drunk really including myself ha.

Plus i met my ex on a dating site was with her for a year, and as we speak ive now been on 5 dates with another woman i met on adating site, and so far were getting on like a house on fire so who know were it may lead. So im proof it can work just have to look around.

But i also dont think the amount of mails women get off some of the freaks on them does your ordinary male any favours at all, women have been scared off site by perverts and general lunatics.

But i also dont think the amount of mails women get off some of the freaks on them does your ordinary male any favours at all, women have been scared off site by perverts and general lunatics.

Too true, the perverts are easy enough to stop from the get go and it's easy to shove them in the ignore bin.
    The lunatics however christ they are a different breed altogether, like my ex for example. I was with him for a year - he kinda "forgot" about his other two gf's that he also met on dating sites and he spent the year bed-hopping between the three of us....

oh I hope he gets an sti and his cock falls off!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Just like with meeting people in person! There are a few bad eggs that spoil it for everyone else.

Yeah women come across tossers and lunatics online, but surely it's no worse than the ones they would encounter in a typical niteclub? Sadly, there is no 'block' button in a niteclub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Yeah some women and some men can come across tossers and lunatics online, but surely it's no worse than the ones they would encounter in a typical niteclub? Sadly, there is no 'block' button in a niteclub.

FYP before the girls get a hold of you and tear you limb from limb. You're welcome.

I said "women come across tossers and lunatics online", not "women come across as tossers and lunatics online".
    Actually, i'd say it would be very hard to find a woman who has tried internet dating and not been messaged by at least one creep / weirdo.

Oh wow, got a mail reply on CS today. So, if one in ten girls actually bother to read my emails one in ten will reply... HUGE SUCCESS!!! :pac:

Too true, the perverts are easy enough to stop from the get go and it's easy to shove them in the ignore bin.
    The lunatics however christ they are a different breed altogether, like my ex for example. I was with him for a year - he kinda "forgot" about his other two gf's that he also met on dating sites and he spent the year bed-hopping between the three of us....

See that's the type of stuff that puts me off the whole idea and why I aint properly joined any sites.
    Why the hell would you waste a year of someones life doing that to them :confused:
    If you just want casual then just say so!

Alot of ones even if they find someone and be in a relationship with them.... still can't give up the whole easy flirting that goes on online.
    They may even build up things with these others ones in the off chance the relationship fails....which of course it will.

See that's the type of stuff that puts me off the whole idea and why I aint properly joined any sites.
    Why the hell would you waste a year of someones life doing that to them :confused:

Tell me about it. However that sort of attitude is not confined to the internet. I know a guy who had a divorce recently only a few months into their marriage. Turns out he had been cheating before and during the marriage!
    I mean if you want to be a player go right ahead, just don't hurt anybody!

• Advertisement

Alot of ones even if they find someone and be in a relationship with them.... still can't give up the whole easy flirting that goes on online.
    They may even build up things with these others ones in the off chance the relationship fails....which of course it will.

Unfortunately the guy was convinced he was in three relationships (yeah I know!!) He didn't think he was doing anything wrong and he was going to eventually choose...
    Idiotic really - but they are his issues, not mine.

That was less than a year ago and I've been on a few dates since and dated another guy briefly till we mutually decided to just be friends.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement