Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

the pics very nice.(being totally genuine:))

That's why I'd like to see them;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Am amazed you're having so much trouble magnetic. I think you've just been incredibly unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

jenny111:

The last guy I met from match.com wanted me to pooh in front of him on our date (again i mentioned that before on here)

You Serious :eek::eek::eek: weirdo. (must look for that now)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

busyliving wrote: »
    That's why I'd like to see them;)

Search the pics thread in here....she is stunning.

So sorry to hear all your awful experiences magnetic, i'm sure someone will come along, you sound like a wonderful woman who's just had some awful experiences that have left a sour taste in your mouth. I really wish you the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

jenny111: Like I already said I have been on a break since March. It obviously has not changed my mind. Yes I am very bitter, I had too many horrible experiences from it.

The dates from match.com were in general nice. I just went on one date from POF and I have already gone through that experience on this thread. The date told me I should have worn a dress and shown more skin on the date and he told me I was ugly.

Another guy had 3 dates lined up the same week. He cooked me dinner at his house (i had a total of 3 dates with him). He told me the date on the Tuesday was horrible and the woman was like a man. I was Wednesday and then Thursday was another date he had lined up with another woman. He later texted to say she was way more beautiful than me.

The last guy I met from match.com wanted me to pooh in front of him on our date (again i mentioned that before on here)

The list goes on, I could write a book.

Yes I have been really unlucky! I think my guy friends see me as really independent etc and happy. Thats the way I come across to them. But I put on a brave face. I just give up really. Sure I have alot to offer, but that does not mean you will find a partner. I think people just forget I exist/I dont put myself out there more??

That's quite unfortunate, how about TGC gets you a warm fuzzy blanket, cup of hot chocolate and talks about world marvels, past experiences and the finer points of philosophy? :)

• Advertisement

Search the pics thread in here....she is stunning.

So sorry to hear all your awful experiences magnetic, i'm sure someone will come along, you sound like a wonderful woman who's just had some awful experiences that have left a sour taste in your mouth. I really wish you the best!

you are def right there. some person will be v lucky to have her:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

you are def right there. some person will be v lucky to have her:)

I dont know if thats good or bad?? haha

Anyway, it doesnt just come down to looks. Thats why I think its better to meet people with similar interests/personality/work etc. This is very difficult to determine via text/emails/phone calls and short profile/photo. Its difficult to get rejection after a date no matter what you look like/who you are. The usual: your so nice but your just not for me reply, I am sure you will have loads of guys who would love to go out with you (thats always a kick in the stomach)....as it has not happened. (yeah yeah i know im told it will happen)

It can be also a negative thing being photogenic and looking good on paper. I find guys have maybe more expectations? I am not what they thought I would be in real life? I understand I do the same thing....it of course works both ways.

There are guy friends I would fancy in real life (they have girlfriends)...who I might not go for via profile/photo online. However in real life I get to know their personality more and look beyond their looks. The problem I suppose with Online dating I find people are very quick to judge each other after one date.

I dont know if thats good or bad?? haha It a good thing(u look v beautiful & u sound very nice and smart) just my opinionsmile.gif

Anyway, it doesnt just come down to looks. Thats why I think its better to meet people with similar interests/personality/work etc. This is very difficult to determine via text/emails/phone calls and short profile/photo. Its difficult to get rejection after a date no matter what you look like/who you are. The usual: your so nice but your just not for me reply, I am sure you will have loads of guys who would love to go out with you (thats always a kick in the stomach)....as it has not happened. (yeah yeah i know im told it will happen)

It can be also a negative thing being photogenic and looking good on paper. I find guys have maybe more expectations? I am not what they thought I would be in real life? I understand I do the same thing....it of course works both ways.

T
    here are guy friends I would fancy in real life (they have girlfriends)...who I might not go for via profile/photo online. However in real life I get to know their personality more and look beyond their looks. The problem I suppose with Online dating I find people are very quick to judge each other after one date.

thats Def true i seem to bond better in real life with people than online.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Little Miss Lady

Hey guys! Would any of you recommend Match.com.. Are the people on it more serious about dating as they have paid or is it all really the same as plenty of fish?

Hey guys! Would any of you recommend Match.com.. Are the people on it more serious about dating as they have paid or is it all really the same as plenty of fish?

I would only recommend match if you wanted to email stuck up girls who never reply :) Seriously though, out of the different sites I've used over the years, that one has the most pretentiousness and snobbery about it.

• Advertisement

G-Money wrote: »
    I would only recommend match if you wanted to email stuck up girls who never reply :) Seriously though, out of the different sites I've used over the years, that one has the most pretentiousness and snobbery about it.

What one would you recommend yourself then for to find an honest guy that is open to more than a bit of fun? :)

What one would you recommend yourself then for to find an honest guy that is open to more than a bit of fun? :)

Well I'm on POF at the moment and I'm not just after a fling. I got an offer from AnotherFriend, 1 euro for 1 months membership but other than that, I wouldn't have signed up again for a while. MaybeFriends is ok too, but it seems to be the same girls on there most of the time.

Well I'm on POF at the moment and I'm not just after a fling. I got an offer from AnotherFriend, 1 euro for 1 months membership but other than that, I wouldn't have signed up again for a while. MaybeFriends is ok too, but it seems to be the same girls on there most of the time.

Ur right there it is the same old faces on that the whole time. :D

You sound nice from your posts here.
    With a bit of luck I might find you on POF ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

You sound nice from your posts here.
    With a bit of luck I might find you on POF ;)

you know you can pm?!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Now whilst I have never searched for an honest guy on it (:pac:), I've always found OKCupid to be the best site. POF gave me a headache and seemed like chav-central. Whereas OKC has always led to contact with some really nice, interesting girls.

Now whilst I have never searched for an honest guy on it (:pac:), I've always found OKCupid to be the best site. POF gave me a headache and seemed like chav-central. Whereas OKC has always led to contact with some really nice, interesting girls.

loads of inactive profiles on that i found

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

As some of you may have known I've been chatting to a girl I got chatting to from pof, who is also a boardsie, been chatting to her quite a lot recently, she's just great overall :D If I had to choose one word to describe her it would be cute, just cute un every way. She's really smart too, can spell ;) and she's awfuuuuully sweet :) oh and she is so beautiful too :D I haven't met her yet but will hopefully get to meet her once she settles into college :) Oh and if you're reading this Megan give me some thanks :P

Samich wrote: »
    As some of you may have known I've been chatting to a girl I got chatting to from pof, who is also a boardsie, been chatting to her quite a lot recently, she's just great overall :D If I had to choose one word to describe her it would be cute, just cute un every way. She's really smart too, can spell ;) and she's awfuuuuully sweet :) oh and she is so beautiful too :D I haven't met her yet but will hopefully get to meet her once she settles into college :) Oh and if you're reading this Megan give me some thanks :P

Congrats bud Good luck to u mate:cool:

Samich I'm pretty sure you just scored yourself so many brownie points.

I've been chatting to a really interesting guy on pof tonight :)

Thinking of going back to okcupid with my tail between my legs though, I rather pretty much everything about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

Had a fab 2nd date today :D

was finding it strange to be mailing someone for awhile and then finally meeting up..i was trying to get my head around seeing him in person but after the 2nd date i think its easier to be more familiar with them ( if im making any sense :rolleyes: )

just curious, has anyone else found this.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Things seem to be going well for a few people in this thread. I like it!

(Won't say any more coz I don't want to jinx it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

Larianne wrote: »
    Things seem to be going well for a few people in this thread. I like it!

(Won't say any more coz I don't want to jinx it!)

Just wish it'd go better for me on POF!

+1

+1

PM each other!! :pac:

Larianne wrote: »
    PM each other!! :pac:

Epic Fail Larianne, I'm disappointed in you - two males doesn't work, at least not for me :pac:

Epic Fail Larianne, I'm disappointed in you - two males doesn't work, at least not for me :pac:

Wing men??

What's going wrong for you do you think? Are you getting many replies or the dates have been bad?? I think it's really luck of the draw to meet someone you click with. Very much like real life meetings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

theres some very angry women on pof i never noticed untill today kinda funny :D

Total ranty like profiles its shocking...

never noticed it untill today

theres some very angry women on pof i never noticed untill today kinda funny :D

Total ranty like profiles its shocking...

never noticed it untill today

Angry how?

I'm stuck in a never ending "hey how are you xxxxxxxxxxoxisoicxoxioxoxoxx" conversation with someone....my own fault, I replied to a "hey xx" mail because he was a serious beaut.

• Advertisement

Often just no replies, no matter what you say. Short mail, long mail, funny, boring, cheeky, thoughtful, specific, or a mixture of everything and still nothing.

I found this site called Elite Dating, aimed at "successful" people. Read that it's a dating site for those who want to go out with rich people. I was tempted to sign up for the craic and pretend I was some wealthy guy to see what happened and to suss out the golddiggers :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement