Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Angry how?

I'm stuck in a never ending "hey how are you xxxxxxxxxxoxisoicxoxioxoxoxx" conversation with someone....my own fault, I replied to a "hey xx" mail because he was a serious beaut.

Just the profiles arnt about the person more so abotu the men who are sending messgaes ... :eek:

Not about them at alll which is a shame..

I wont reply to xxx hey messages what so ever... your fault :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Funnily enough I have changed my profile recently to add similar stuff. I wasn't getting any replies anyway so I figured it wouldn't matter what I said and I could speak my mind :)

Ever notice how some girls will initiate contact but just send you a bland "Hi, how r u?" message and that's all they write? But if you were to send that to a girl, she'd never respond in a million years.

G-Money wrote: »
    Funnily enough I have changed my profile recently to add similar stuff. I wasn't getting any replies anyway so I figured it wouldn't matter what I said and I could speak my mind :)

Ever notice how some girls will initiate contact but just send you a bland "Hi, how r u?" message and that's all they write? But if you were to send that to a girl, she'd never respond in a million years.

its called Im a girl i dont have to make an effort syndrome :)

Its allso very popular with the "make me laugh syndrome "

Or the I "dumb my self down syndrome"

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

theres some very angry women on pof i never noticed untill today kinda funny :D

Total ranty like profiles its shocking...

never noticed it untill today

I'm getting quite ranty myself and have said so in my profile. There's a lot of girls out there who just want to email and wreck guys' heads. And they're also looking for perfection.....100% perfection.

@Larianne....I'm a bloke so I'm not quite sure g-money is.

@Larianne....I'm a bloke so I'm not quite sure g-money is.

Don't worry, I already rapped Larianne over the knuckles for trying to start her own little male episode of the L word :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah but when the 32 that purrrfection turns into desperation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

its called Im a girl i dont have to make an effort syndrome :)

Its allso very popular with the "make me laugh syndrome "

Or the I "dumb my self down syndrome"

:pac:

Yeah after that comes the "I have to go through labour and you don't syndrome" Boom.

I think some girls do have ridiculously unreasonable expectations, not all though, but some. And when they can't meet anyone, there's an unspoken opinion it seems that it's men who are at fault, like we're not up to the task or lacking somehow and poor miss unreasonable has to settle for someone else as men just aren't good enough.

Rather than what really is the case that it's someone who is so picky and has such a narrow window of attributes that she is willing to consider, that she is effectively hitting the fast forward button to spinsterhood.

I used to go out with a girl and she told me about a friend of hers who constantly complains that she is single. She said this friend is so incredibly picky it's no wonder she is still single. Apparently this girl would only consider guys with a specific look, style, from a specific area, even wanted guys with a specific haircut and wouldn't consider anyone else. I think that's where you cross the line from standing your ground, to shooting yourself in the face for no reason.

Yeah after that comes the "I have to go through labour and you don't syndrome" Boom.

Thats a statement in a half.... :eek:

can we hug it out :D

I think the perfect reply to that is "Well don't get knocked up then" :D

• Advertisement

G-Money wrote: »
    I think some girls do have ridiculously unreasonable expectations, not all though, but some. And when they can't meet anyone, there's an unspoken opinion it seems that it's men who are at fault, like we're not up to the task or lacking somehow and poor miss unreasonable has to settle for someone else as men just aren't good enough.

Rather than what really is the case that it's someone who is so picky and has such a narrow window of attributes that she is willing to consider, that she is effectively hitting the fast forward button to spinsterhood.

I used to go out with a girl and she told me about a friend of hers who constantly complains that she is single. She said this friend is so incredibly picky it's no wonder she is still single. Apparently this girl would only consider guys with a specific look, style, from a specific area, even wanted guys with a specific haircut and wouldn't consider anyone else. I think that's where you cross the line from standing your ground, to shooting yourself in the face for no reason.

G-money you're so on the money today :pac:
    Thats a statement in a half.... :eek:

can we hug it out :D

Of course -bear hug!:D

I actually agree with what you said, just couldn't help myself

Agreed with the above. G-money's totally correct. I'm getting a wee bit fussy myself and learning from past relationships but beggars can't be choosers especially if they're on dating websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

theres some very angry women on pof i never noticed untill today kinda funny :D

Total ranty like profiles its shocking...

never noticed it untill today

Yeah, I got a "flirt" from a guy yesterday and when I went to look at his profile was was very ranty. He was giving out a bit about people, and he also sounded full of himself. He didn't bother to fill out most of the standard website questions properly, which admitedly a lot don't, but he then went to the "effort" of criticising some of them - instead of just ignoring any he didn't want to answer.

Admitedly he may have had a few bad experiences, but he is just shooting himself in the foot having a profile like that. It was totally off-putting.

Of course -bear hug!:D

I actually agree with what you said, just couldn't help myself

OOOO alllright :pac:

but sure thats some people ... Not all women are like that :pac:

I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Lon Dubh wrote: »
    Yeah, I got a "flirt" from a guy yesterday and when I went to look at his profile was was very ranty. He was giving out a bit about people, and he also sounded full of himself. He didn't bother to fill out most of the standard website questions properly, which admitedly a lot don't, but he then went to the "effort" of criticising some of them - instead of just ignoring any he didn't want to answer.

Admitedly he may have had a few bad experiences, but he is just shooting himself in the foot having a profile like that. It was totally off-putting.

Sorry, what website is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Just cos we're on dating websites DOESN'T mean we're beggars!

I've gotten over the "You're on a website, I'm on a website, that means if I contact you, then you MUST reply and go out with me" syndrome.

I'm not everyones cup of tea, I'm aware of that, and don't care. I'm aware of the fact that someone I find attractive may not necessarily find me attractive and may not mail me back. I'm not going to get uppity about it, live is too short.
    I regard myself as a reasonably decent looking bloke, no oil painting but no Freddie Krueger either. I own my own house, have a decent job, and am not an evil axe murdering psycho. So I kinda think I'm a halfway near decent catch, but I know that not every woman will reply to my mails.

In short, if someone doesn't reply, don't worry, pick yourself up, dust yourself down, and move on.

Never said we're beggars. It's a phrase.

One can pick themselves up after a non-reply but several can be annoying and defeating the purpose of a dating website if someone doesn't even give someone a chance. I can understand if they're asking for sex but not if it's in a good manner.

I think I'm going to stop responding to those boring "hi how r u?" messages I get myself. I don't see the point anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

One can pick themselves up after a non-reply but several can be annoying and defeating the purpose of a dating website if someone doesn't even give someone a chance. I can understand if they're asking for sex but not if it's in a good manner.

But if a person has no interest in the mailer, why would they message?? Message to say sorry but no!!??

Pembily wrote: »
    But if a person has no interest in the mailer, why would they message?? Message to say sorry but no!!??

Maybe it's just me but out of politeness and giving the person a chance I've responded to messages I presumed I'd have no interest in. You'd be surprised.

• Advertisement

Never said we're beggars. It's a phrase.

You have to realise the sheer volume of mails women get. I had to go through 180 mails the other day, it's downright tiring - read mail, read profile, check photos- 180 times. I replied to 10 of those 180, and I'm sorry but there is no way I was writing a mail to the ones I didn't reply to, I just don't have the time or patience. I'm not an extremely picky person but I just know from reading a persons profile if we'd click, any time i've wavered from this method and replied to someone just because they wrote me a lovely mail the conversation would come to a crashing halt or become extremely tedious. It's nothing personal, it's just different strokes for different folks.

Maybe it's just me but out of politeness and giving the person a chance I've responded to messages I presumed I'd have no interest in. You'd be surprised.

I reply based on photo and profile, I don't see the point in replying if I've no interest! I don't keep chatting to guys on a night out that I've no interest in so I don't see the difference with online!?

Ask any of the girls on here how many mails they get per day. If they were to reply to each one with a sorry but not interested mail they'd never get any searching done themselves!

And then you have the whiny little man child who, when a girl mails him back to say sorry but no, keeps on mailing her with stupid plaintive begging mails "give me a chance, you'll see that we could be good together" etc, which then degrade into abusive mails.

A girl i had a few dates with back at the start of the summer that i'm still in contact with (attraction was a one way street, i was interested, she wasn't! :o) was telling me about that very example. The guy got totally abusive with her.

I'm sure that the lads who post here are all fairly like minded individuals, in that we know to treat women with respect etc, so it maybe a case of preaching to the choir, but MAYBE the girls that we mail have had similar experiences to my friend, and to cut out the abuse will just read the mails and reply/delete as appropriate and as THEIR interests decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I'd say at least 1000 of the posts in this thread have been about whether women should send "thanks but no thanks" replies :pac:

I'll stick to what I said waaaaay back when this thread started. It would annoy me to log in every night and be faced with blatant rejection.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Seems like it's the same 20 people on all the usual sites for Cork. Guess it isn't as popular down here as it is up the country ...

How I'd love to have a choice of 100+ women to politely turn but 'polite' is certainly not a word girls on POF are familiar with. Might try one of the paying sites in the hope there's more decent girls on them.

How I'd love to have a choice of 100+ women to politely turn but 'polite' is certainly not a word girls on POF are familiar with. Might try one of the paying sites in the hope there's more decent girls on them.

The pay sites are pretty much the same. Mostly the same faces, a few different, obviously, but no huge differences.

I wouldn't be taking the no reply thing too personally. I used to think the same as you, and got annoyed/peeved about it, but then i just decided feck it.

To be honest I don't care anymore if they don't respond. I'd rather they didn't respond than they send a mail to say they aren't interested. When they don't reply I automatically assume they're not interested so I don't really need an email to confirm it.

gatecrash wrote: »
    The pay sites are pretty much the same. Mostly the same faces, a few different, obviously, but no huge differences.

I wouldn't be taking the no reply thing too personally. I used to think the same as you, and got annoyed/peeved about it, but then i just decided feck it.

I'm deleting the POF profile anyway. Mainly cos of my course resuming and what I've been saying about the non replies.

• Advertisement

Us girls sometimes don't get responses either, I have mailed a few guys and don't often get a response! I most definitely don't take it personally!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement