Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I'm deleting the POF profile anyway. Mainly cos of my course resuming and what I've been saying about the non replies.

Lower you expectations the world isnt a happy ever after story!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

busyliving wrote: »
    Sorry, what website is that?

Maybefriends (boy I am going to be mortified if it turns out to be someone on this thread :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Lon Dubh wrote: »
    Maybefriends (boy I am going to be mortified if it turns out to be someone on this thread :o)

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: thats was u so who viewed my profile on Maybefriends.com after i sending winks:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

gatecrash wrote: »
    Ask any of the girls on here how many mails they get per day. If they were to reply to each one with a sorry but not interested mail they'd never get any searching done themselves!

And then you have the whiny little man child who, when a girl mails him back to say sorry but no, keeps on mailing her with stupid plaintive begging mails "give me a chance, you'll see that we could be good together" etc, which then degrade into abusive mails.

A girl i had a few dates with back at the start of the summer that i'm still in contact with (attraction was a one way street, i was interested, she wasn't! :o) was telling me about that very example. The guy got totally abusive with her.

I'm sure that the lads who post here are all fairly like minded individuals, in that we know to treat women with respect etc, so it maybe a case of preaching to the choir, but MAYBE the girls that we mail have had similar experiences to my friend, and to cut out the abuse will just read the mails and reply/delete as appropriate and as THEIR interests decide.

I totally agree with this and what jenny1111 said about getting over 100+ emails.

I find, you are excited and motivated by online dating and sign up. Your profile gets 100s of emails over the initial few days. You try to search photo...then profile if they sound normal. Because there is so many, you just delete the ones with no profile photos. Sometimes they send private photo...but unless have "Pics attached inside" as the subject line of their email, you might not even open their email thinking there is no photo.

After doing this a few times (and reading this thread) you think...maybe im being too harsh and start to reply. Like sorry im not
    interested, good luck with the search. This ends in 2 ways, either they become abusive and call you every name or keep emailing you. I totally relate to this.

At this stage it has taken some amount of time to get through the 200 emails...you reply to one or two...they send loads...you get stuck because you are still trying to read other emails. It becomes one big mess and you give up and go out for a drink with friends. The end haha.

But like I said, ive essentially taken a step back from dating completely. Just enjoying being single.

So this problem I have with POF. At least Match.com is like facebook...people wink, you like the look of their photo or you dont. You can quickly wink back or delete. I think the layout of POF means you have to open the email, you then have to go on profile if they have no photo attached do you bother replying? Prob not because there is 200 emails to get through.

For the guys not getting responses, I would not take it personally at all. The problem is, people are inundated with options...that too many options become no option if you see what I mean?? Between facebook and online dating, we clock up "knowing" 1000s of potential people. How to narrow that down?? Hence the online dating thing is just not working for me personally. Its not that i dont have great girlfriend potential. Its just not knowing where to start. Hence I think myself, I would have more success meeting a partner joining a club/group/at a party.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

I think I've finally figured this **** out!:eek:

Been back on Pof a week with a totally new approach that I wouldn't have dared try before and it's been working like a dream!
    Ten messages from women off their own bat, five out of the seven women I've sent messages to have responded so far and are all still talking to me and so far 38 women want to meet me!

YES!!!!! Back in the game! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Lookit Napper,ya big roide ya!
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Been back on Pof a week with a totally new approach that I wouldn't have dared try before and it's been working like a dream!
    Ten messages from women off their own bat, five out of the seven women I've sent messages to have responded so far and are all still talking to me and so far 38 women want to meet me!

What's the secret?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

G-Money wrote: »
    What's the secret?

It's taken me 5 months of complete headwrecking brainmelt to figure it out, you really think I'm gonna share that easily?!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

It's taken me 5 months of complete headwrecking brainmelt to figure it out, you really think I'm gonna share that easily?!:pac:

You'll need to get the ride before it can be considered an official success! :pac:

Yep :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: thats was u so who viewed my profile on Maybefriends.com after i sending winks:mad::mad::mad:

:D:D:D

Lon Dubh wrote: »
    :D:D:D

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

New Approach??

He prob change his profile to looking for Intimate Encounter :p. People are less fussy about who they meet and it would explain the 10 messages from women off their own bat. (outgoing and know what they are looking for and not worried about what men will think with them having that attitude). And the fact that they responded. Also the line up of 38 women eager to meet him also suggest this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

New Approach??

He prob change his profile to looking for Intimate Encounter :p. People are less fussy about who they meet and it would explain the 10 messages from women off their own bat. (outgoing and know what they are looking for and not worried about what men will think with them having that attitude). And the fact that they responded. Also the line up of 38 women eager to meet him also suggest this.

Wow, how insulting.

New Approach??

are u Disappointed now:p:p:). Did u want a date:confused::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

Is it just me or are the guys on pof very eager to give you their number? Maybe it's just me but i'm not comfortable giving some random guy my number after a 3-4 short emails...starting to think i'm a prude because it's happened with around 5 guys now, am i being stupid?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Is it just me or are the guys on pof very eager to give you their number? Maybe it's just me but i'm not comfortable giving some random guy my number after a 3-4 short emails...starting to think i'm a prude because it's happened with around 5 guys now, am i being stupid?

No, I know what you mean. It's not being stupid at all!

No, set your own pace. Probably easier for a guy to take what might be seen as a slight risk, the whole phenomenon carries less threat for blokes generally.

i never asked for a womans no.. Depends on the guy!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

No, set your own pace. Probably easier for a guy to take what might be seen as a slight risk, the whole phenomenon carries less threat for blokes generally.

Plus there may be people who read on here that you need to make contact in the real world after 3-4 emails or else risk becoming a pen pal :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

Never really thought about it that way, makes perfect sense! I've been dealing with it by just saying "let's get to know each other a bit better on this first", was starting to think this was a bit of internet etiquette i'd missed

thanks for the feedback guys!

I don't know... Give me your number and I'll let you know :D

Sorry, couldn't resist!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Little Miss Lady

What do you do if you've been sending a few mails back and forth with someone but know that there's no point in going any further?
    Do you just tell them or just ignore?
    I honestly don't want to be rude or sound like I'm bet up my own behind either :/

What do you do if you've been sending a few mails back and forth with someone but know that there's no point in going any further?
    Do you just tell them or just ignore?
    I honestly don't want to be rude or sound like I'm bet up my own behind either :/

I think if you've exchanged a few mails, then a polite "sorry, no spark, best of luck" is in order.

I think if you've exchanged a few mails, then a polite "sorry, no spark, best of luck" is in order.

I've sent something similar like this before. And most guys have been okay with it. I got one nasty mail but in general guys appreciate honesty!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Little Miss Lady

I will go with that so..

Larianne wrote: »
    I've sent something similar like this before. And most guys have been okay with it. I got one nasty mail but in general guys appreciate honesty!

That's just to let you know you were dead right to knock it on the head :)

That's just to let you know you were dead right to knock it on the head :)

Ah sure I know that. :) I don't dwell on these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

Has anyone ever met up from this thread? They must have after over 7500 posts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Has anyone ever met up from this thread? They must have after over 7500 posts!

We've all rode one another at some stage... :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement