Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

havent really gone on since being stood up a few weeks ago. after blocking the stander upper, I only go in now to read/reply to messages.

Honestly, it is proving fruitless and am beginning to wonder what the point of it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Pembily wrote: »
    It is funny how small the net is :pac: It's mad finding people you know on OKC!

Just had the same thing with a class mate on Match.

cue kinda awkward email chat!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Hmmm i said my name, and mentioned the "gift" he sent me. Yes he sent one of those virtual girfts, those things make me laugh so much, seriously whats the point?

who needs a personality when you're hawt?

I get the impression you're just a walking hug

maybe hes "trying to be cool" Im only one man...I could speak for others i could be seen as a mini hitler then and Id rather play it safe :):P So Ialli could do is speculate..

Exactly as long you can sit there be quiet and smile thats all that matters :pac:

I am who I am I made peace with this a long time ago when i was in a budest camp when it happend.... true story...

It my saying for eveything :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Hmmm i said my name, and mentioned the "gift" he sent me. Yes he sent one of those virtual girfts, those things make me laugh so much, seriously whats the point?

who needs a personality when you're hawt?

I get the impression you're just a walking hug

You don't!! :)

All we need now is proof of hotness!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

There was an ad beside a profile I was looking at with a picture of an attractive woman and it says, "Male Order Brides... Click Here"

Perhaps it's a grammatical error and they meant to say "Male? Order Brides. Click Here"

Or perhaps that woman in the photo is a chick with dick. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I need a break from internet dating so I'm going to leave it for a while. Not been having much luck recently anyway and I think I could do with a break from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure.
    I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle me at my worst, then you sure hell don't deserve meet my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Just saw this as the summary on the profile of a good looking girl, not gonna mail her though.

I've seen it before, do girls think this works? And what the lads think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

G-Money wrote: »
    I need a break from internet dating so I'm going to leave it for a while. Not been having much luck recently anyway and I think I could do with a break from it.

unfortunately, i feel the same :rolleyes:

the guy i had 2 lovely dates with, with a 3rd scheduled for 2morr night, where he wanted to cook me dinner at his place, disappeared on me :(
    i saw him on pof last night, and felt i had to ask him why he wasn't in touch...to be told that he decided it wouldn't work out... gee, thanks for letting me know, he cud have text me to say so :confused:

going to leave the dating scene for awhile, give myself a bit of breathing space..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

There was an entire thread devoted to that Monroe quote on AH

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74151220

Wibbs summed it up nicely:
    Basic translation being, "I'm a high octane nutjob who refuses to take responsibility for my emotional state, but hey you have to take that so you get to have me at my "best" when I'm being somewhat normal. Oh I have breasts you know, so that makes it OK".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Xios wrote: »
    I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle me at my worst, then you sure hell don't deserve meet my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Just saw this as the summary on the profile of a good looking girl, not gonna mail her though.

I can never help thinking it means she's a pain in the hole and I'd be expected put up with that for occasional good times. And she's no Marilyn Monroe :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

liz2 wrote: »
    the guy i had 2 lovely dates with, with a 3rd scheduled for 2morr night, where he wanted to cook me dinner at his place, disappeared on me. i saw him on pof last night, and felt i had to ask him why he wasn't in touch...to be told that he decided it wouldn't work out... gee, thanks for letting me know, he cud have text me to say so

As far as I can tell, people on POF have no manners at all. But maybe that's just me.

Owen wrote: »
    As far as I can tell, people on POF have no manners at all. But maybe that's just me.

yeah, i know.. this has taught me a unfortunate lesson :(

you know, i used to go for the bad guys..i guess it was a challenge for me & got hurt many a time...but decided to give this older, mature (i thought) genuine guy a go, even though he wasnt my type (looks wise) but ive become to realise its not all about looks, its whats inside that counts :)
    but even then, he turned out to be rude to me :confused:

god !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Owen wrote: »

Thats definitly true there there is only a small minority of men/women on it that do!!

the guy i had 2 lovely dates with, with a 3rd scheduled for 2morr night, where he wanted to cook me dinner at his place, disappeared on me :(
    i saw him on pof last night, and felt i had to ask him why he wasn't in touch...to be told that he decided it wouldn't work out... gee, thanks for letting me know, he cud have text me to say so :confused:

going to leave the dating scene for awhile, give myself a bit of breathing space..

Now that I can understand... Thats plain spineless :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

I had the same scenario. Only for the 3rd date he did cook me dinner. Since I was at his and 1 hour drive away I obviously had to sleep at his. I slept in the spare room....so I guess he decided it wouldnt work out after that....but it didnt feel right considering he told me he was cooking dinner for another girl the next night.

You win some, you lose some (maybe you have to lose alot to win one haha).

I wonder how many people have stuck with it?? Seems like little success rate from the stories. Lots of people calling it a day...ive still no intention to give it a go for a long time.

you know, i used to go for the bad guys..i guess it was a challenge for me & got hurt many a time...but decided to give this older, mature (i thought) genuine guy a go, even though he wasnt my type (looks wise) but ive become to realise its not all about looks, its whats inside that counts :)

god !

he could look like george clooney but be still a ignortant ****er or absusive.

you get that alright!!!

I had the same scenario. Only for the 3rd date he did cook me dinner. Since I was at his and 1 hour drive away I obviously had to sleep at his. I slept in the spare room....so I guess he decided it wouldnt work out after that....but it didnt feel right considering he told me he was cooking dinner for another girl the next night.

I wonder how many people have stuck with it?? Seems like little success rate from the stories. Lots of people calling it a day...ive still no intention to give it a go for a long time.

i have POF totally burned out . having bad luck:eek::eek:

only ever managed to get 90% of the way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

They do realise Monroe was an emotional, neurotic wreck don't they? :rolleyes:

I love Marilyn, but it's hardly something to aspire to/use to justify your own flaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Thats definitly true there there is only a small minority of men/women on it that do!!

Well, i definitely count myself as being well mannered on the site :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Ah, sorry to hear this. It seemed to be going well. But some people seem to loose all sense of common decency when they start dating!! Why people can't be upfront about things, I don't know really! Well I do, they are just cowards. It's happened to me with online dating but also with real life dating.

It's crappy but don't let it knock you down. He obviously wasn't the one for you.

• Advertisement

god, that sounds terrible magnetic :(
    thats one thing i can't stand either... in my opinion, you can't give someone a decent go if your going to be serial dater.
    i only date one guy at a time, i think its only fair.

i won't be sticking with it,,this has poisoned me somehow.
    im deleting my profile in the minute & leave the dating to the real world.

yes, it works out for some, but not for all..

im a bit disappointed of course, but u have to kiss a few (or lots) of frogs before u meet your prince ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

god !

Been there too, Liz. Went for the guy I thought was good, sound and secure, only for him to be as flaky as any of the reckless bad boys. It's a lesson, I think - you can never be sure!

For what it's worth, soon after my heart was trampled on I met a guy I thought was hot but probably bad news and turned out to be decent and all I was looking for.

Moral is, remember he's still just one guy in a different kind of wrapping and there are still nice fish in the sea.

Live and learn, eh. Feel better soon :)

Snow-White-Prince.jpg

Larianne wrote: »
    Ah, sorry to hear this. It seemed to be going well. But some people seem to loose all sense of common decency when they start dating!! Why people can't be upfront about things, I don't know really! Well I do, they are just cowards. It's happened to me with online dating but also with real life dating.

It's crappy but don't let it knock you down. He obviously wasn't the one for you.

:)

yeah i see that now.. at least i discovered it now and not somewhere down the line..:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

god !

Not sure what lesson you think you should learn, it sounds like you did nothing wrong, you just got unlucky and started to invest a bit of hope in a bloke who didn't feel the same and had no manners. Don't let that get to you, it's his loss, not your mistake.

Not sure what lesson you think you should learn, it sounds like you did nothing wrong, you just got unlucky and started to invest a bit of hope in a bloke who didn't feel the same and had no manners. Don't let that get to you, it's his loss, not your mistake.

+1

i agree.. :cool: alot....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

There are some girls out there that feel they can act whatever way they want and fella's will just put up with it because we're men and we're obviously so desperate for sex and/or female company that we will tolerate anything. Some also thing their gender means they can get away with anything.

Thankfully these girls are in the minority, but they are incredibly annoying when you unfortunately stumble across one. They're a bit like the people in the weather forum who are hoping for blizzards from October through to March, they both just make your blood boil. I'm not joking, go read the forum if you don't believe me, but I digress.

Good move on not contacting her.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

Despite all my complaining I finally got a date for this Friday. That said, there's a bad omen that any time I set a date earlier that week, they always cancel!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

havent really gone on since being stood up a few weeks ago. after blocking the stander upper, I only go in now to read/reply to messages.

Honestly, it is proving fruitless and am beginning to wonder what the point of it is.

That's horrible, being stood up :(

Yeah I am probably going to take a break from it soon myself as I don't know if internet dating is for me. However just got talking to someone who seems nice so I will wait until I see how that pans out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Not really coming across anyone that interests me too much on OKCupid. Is there any other good free sites out there??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement