Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭Wompa1

She wanted sex! I know, you would think this would be every guy's dream but not for me! Definitely not on the first date!

Fair play for breaking the gender norm! I'd be the same as you..empty sex is pretty pointless. Would rather built up some level of respect for the woman first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Fair play for breaking the gender norm! I'd be the same as you..empty sex is pretty pointless. Would rather built up some level of respect for the woman first.

good way of putting it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Not surprised you were hesitant, I think I could be as well if she suggested it straight off the bat just like that. Would probably prefer to get to know her a bit first to make sure she's not some nutter and isn't going to move all her stuff into my place the next day or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

G-Money wrote: »
    Not surprised you were hesitant, I think I could be as well if she suggested it straight off the bat just like that. Would probably prefer to get to know her a bit first to make sure she's not some nutter and isn't going to move all her stuff into my place the next day or something.

she has already planned the wedding and all:D:D:D:D
    plus how many kids they are going to have!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭LollieB

another week of online dating & yet another strange date. Met a guy in a pub in city centre & he brought his brother along with him! At first I was like wtf but figured the poor guy was probably extremely nervous or something.

So I was my usual self & started chatting but my date could barely look me in the eye, didn't really ask me any questions other than "what did you get up to today" (asked me that 4 or 5 times, no exaggeration) and then kept laughing nervously when I said something to him.

His brother, on the other hand, was really chatty and lovely and made the weird hour and a bit pass without too much awkwardness! If it wasn't for the wedding ring on his finger, I would have asked him out!

So I'm baffled- did my date not like me/not want to meet up but felt bad about cancelling & figured bringing someone else along would soften the blow? Was he just socially inept or very nervous? I dunno. Needless to say I'm not going back for seconds! He seemed normal through his emails & texts!

On the upside, the guy I had been dating of okc whom I thought had lost interest, has gotten back in touch & we're going out tomorrow night for our 5th date! all is not lost- yet! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

I got a response like that one time years ago. The girl said something along the lines of "With pics like that, I don't think you can afford to be so picky". I mean, WTF, could she just not have said something polite, or nothing at all.

Perhaps I'm opening a can of worms, but would girls ever get responses like that from guys???

In my 2 years (approx) of internet dating - I've actually gotten that response about 5 times. I know everyone has their likes/preferences - so not really my fault if I'm not your cup of tea - just move on - you don't have to point it out quite like that! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

LollieB wrote: »
    another week of online dating & yet another strange date. Met a guy in a pub in city centre & he brought his brother along with him! At first I was like wtf but figured the poor guy was probably extremely nervous or something.

So I was my usual self & started chatting but my date could barely look me in the eye, didn't really ask me any questions other than "what did you get up to today" (asked me that 4 or 5 times, no exaggeration) and then kept laughing nervously when I said something to him.

His brother, on the other hand, was really chatty and lovely and made the weird hour and a bit pass without too much awkwardness! If it wasn't for the wedding ring on his finger, I would have asked him out!

So I'm baffled- did my date not like me/not want to meet up but felt bad about cancelling & figured bringing someone else along would soften the blow? Was he just socially inept or very nervous? I dunno. Needless to say I'm not going back for seconds! He seemed normal through his emails & texts!

On the upside, the guy I had been dating of okc whom I thought had lost interest, has gotten back in touch & we're going out tomorrow night for our 5th date! all is not lost- yet! :)

That was a strange one alright...some people do get quite nervous alright and it is alot easier to chat to someone from behind a computer screen.

but good luck with the other date! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Good for you Lollie!!
    On d5 I mean, not nervous twitchy brother bringer!!

Just treat dating ( both online and 3d world) as a form of gardening. You have to get rid of the weeds to get to the flowers

im starting to feel like im some psycho nutter :rolleyes:
    the guy i was dating last week but where he 'changed his mind', tried to make ammends the other night on pof by asking me out on another date..i had agreed but when he didnt bother to make contact for 2 days after by text etc and kept going online & ignoring me there, i had it out with him :o
    to which he replied, ur online too.. i genuinely wasn't looking for fresh meat, just trying to suss him out..
    anyway, im trying to figure out if i was the one over-reacting or was he just leading me on...why do that like :confused:
    His loss :p

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

liz2 wrote: »
    im starting to feel like im some psycho nutter :rolleyes:
    the guy i was dating last week but where he 'changed his mind', tried to make ammends the other night on pof by asking me out on another date..i had agreed but when he didnt bother to make contact for 2 days after by text etc and kept going online & ignoring me there, i had it out with him :o
    to which he replied, ur online too.. i genuinely wasn't looking for fresh meat, just trying to suss him out..
    anyway, im trying to figure out if i was the one over-reacting or was he just leading me on...why do that like :confused:
    His loss :p

Sounds like he's best avoided!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Glad I'm not on POF anymore, when I was on it I was always wondering who'd reply or who'd show up new, don't miss it it all :)

just found a Fake woman on Pof.i knew it was 2 good to be true.She was from near me in limerick. she had fake photos
    this was the photo she had up.(photo from original site not pof.) exact same photo though

photoshop-model-tutorial.jpg

photos were from a photo imaging tutorial site

Larianne wrote: »
    Sounds like he's best avoided!

Absolutely!
    i only decided to give it another go as we had a nice friendship, familiarity built up but jasus, this is taking the piss!
    yup, im really deleting my profile now :P

Samich, your not missing much ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Does anyone else here automatically get curious about boardsies profiles? Or is my internet stalkery gene just gone mental?

just found a Fake woman on Pof.i knew it was 2 good to be true.She was from near me in limerick. she had fake photos
    this was the photo she had up.(photo from original site not pof.) exact same photo though

photos were from a photo imaging tutorial site

It seems there's alot of nutters on there :rolleyes:
    Did you say anything to her, or just block her?

Owen wrote: »
    Does anyone else here automatically get curious about boardsies profiles? Or is my internet stalkery gene just gone mental?

As in what? have you seen them or pm'd them?? or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Larianne wrote: »
    As in what? have you seen them or pm'd them?? or what?

Pretty much!

I havent been looking for fellow boardies as most of them are in dublin and wouldnt know where to start :P

If you read a 'rant' profile from cork, its mine :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

LollieB wrote: »

That brother thing is exceptionally odd!! Did you comment on it or did they explain it? Or did all 3 of you pretend like it was normal and just had a chat? (with you ready to run of course!)

That brother thing is exceptionally odd!! Did you comment on it or did they explain it? Or did all 3 of you pretend like it was normal and just had a chat? (with you ready to run of course!)

If that was me I'd be like "seriously lads, what's the story here???" :eek:

• Advertisement

It seems there's alot of nutters on there :rolleyes:
    Did you say anything to her, or just block her?

I asked one question about her work? that was it. her profile is gone now got it deleted :)

I asked one question about her work? that was it. her profile is gone now got it deleted :)

how did you get it deleted, by reporting her?

how did you get it deleted, by reporting her?
    ya by reporting her and telling them where the images came from. they deleted it then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I'm always curious about female boardsie's dating profiles, just so I can get a look at them.

BTW is it just me, or am I the only guy sick of reading girls profiles saying "I'm not looking for anything serious"? Is this some sort of epidemic sweeping the nation? Where no-one wants a normal relationship anymore, instead it's just disposable hook-ups and hopping into bed with someone new all the time?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking to run off and get married tomorrow but at the same time, I'm not looking some casual thing where the girl fecks off as soon as she get's bored or someone better comes along (in her opinion).

ya by reporting her and telling them where the images came from. they deleted it then

nice one ;)
    that kind of thing is uncalled for. like what did she expect to get out of it :confused:

Pretty much!

I'm sure people do come across others and haven't a clue.

I'm always curious about female boardsie's dating profiles, just so I can get a look at them.

BTW is it just me, or am I the only guy sick of reading girls profiles saying "I'm not looking for anything serious"? Is this some sort of epidemic sweeping the nation? Where no-one wants a normal relationship anymore, instead it's just disposable hook-ups and hopping into bed with someone new all the time?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking to run off and get married tomorrow but at the same time, I'm not looking some casual thing where the girl fecks off as soon as she get's bored or someone better comes along (in her opinion).

they all say that, it just leaves their options open then if they dont like you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

BTW is it just me, or am I the only guy sick of reading girls profiles saying "I'm not looking for anything serious"?

Could be that some girls think they'd get more emails if they don't come across as being too serious? Maybe they don't want to be accused of wanting marriage and babies within minutes of meeting someone!

I don't. I just having 'dating' and nothing about wanting anything serious or not.

I guess girls don't want to come across as being desperate or crazy 'marry me now' types.

• Advertisement

well from a woman's point of view, i was also sick of reading guy's profiles saying the same thing :rolleyes:
    for me, i think its my age group, where guys are done with LTR or taking a break etc..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement