Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

hollypink wrote: »
    I think a week is fine, good luck with it! To be honest while I want to meet this guy, in another way I haven't been in too much of a hurry because of the last date I had (if being stood up counts as an actual date :o ). Still lightning doesn't strike in the same place twice, right? :p

i'd understand why you're being a bit cautious, but not all men are like that. if you're getting on with this guy, why not give him a chance :)
    i was let down recently too but figured if i didnt get back out there, i might miss out on a good opportunity ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I guess a new picture helps... I changed mine last night and seem to be getting quite a few more views and messages. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

I changed my profile picture yesterday and I've been getting a good few views. No messages though. I think it's very tactical though and girls don't usually message first even if they view your profile first and like it. I ended up messaging one girl who viewed my profile and we sent a good few messages back and forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: i give up :(:(:(:(. i give it a break for a while all this would drive u nuts:P:P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭looky loo

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: i give up :(:(:(:(. i give it a break for a while all this would drive u nuts:P:P:P

hmm...what would james bond do....have a martini...shaken not stirred...:)

• Advertisement

looky loo wrote: »

:cool::cool::cool: thats what i am doing, the women are driving me nuts:P:P:P:P

:cool::cool::cool: thats what i am doing, the women are driving me nuts:P:P:P:P

Could be worse you could have a fella who thinks he's a vampire mailing ye..:confused:...pass the martini..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

If we all had martinis every time online dating was getting head wrecking, I think we'd need to join AA :pac:

Could be worse you could have a fella who thinks he's a vampire mailing ye..:confused:...pass the martini..:)
    hahahaha thats Count Dracula for ye!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

I blame Twilight. :pac:

• Advertisement

If we all had martinis every time online dating was getting head wrecking, I think we'd need to join AA :pac:

I'll see you at the meeting...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

Message I got last night on pof last night containing one sentence 'I want you'. Sounds like he's a great catch :p

I hope you are not trying to steal my man :mad::mad::mad: ;) :pac:

I also got that message but on a different site.

On the positive side I have been chatting to someone and we are now planning to meet up, so hopefully that will go ok.

Lon Dubh wrote: »

On the positive side I have been chatting to someone and we are now planning to meet up, so hopefully that will go ok.

okc i bet :P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Lon Dubh wrote: »

You'll have to fight me for him :pac::pac:

WoHOOO:cool::cool::cool: WOMEN FIGHT:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

he wasnt all that to be honest...bit of a late down really :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Im sick of these 'Im horny' messages!! Whats wrong with you men - you are heading for 50 - act it! :mad:

Present company excluded clearly - none of you would send me 'Im horny' messages!! :eek::rolleyes:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

I didn't bother with the carpet bombing(ill save that for another time :) ) and just sent one mail and she responded! looks like we'll be meeting up now,talk about been thrown into the deep end, I can barely imagine dating someone ive never seen in person before :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Rossin wrote: »
    I didn't bother with the carpet bombing(ill save that for another time :) ) and just sent one mail and she responded! looks like we'll be meeting up now,talk about been thrown into the deep end, I can barely imagine dating someone ive never seen in person before :D

Look at it this way. At some stage in your life you hadn't seen any previous girlfriends in person either!! :D

And I haven't seen the vast majority of Hollywood actresses in person either, but there sure are a few of them i wouldn't mind dating!!

Yep, just gonna go for it, I reckon it'll be a laugh anyway, possibly first of many :)

• Advertisement

Dovies wrote: »
    Im sick of these 'Im horny' messages!! Whats wrong with you men - you are heading for 50 - act it! :mad:

Present company excluded clearly - none of you would send me 'Im horny' messages!! :eek::rolleyes:;)

what about "im not horny", would that work :D

what about "im not horny", would that work :D

Haha. No references to horniness at all would be better - at least until after date 3 no maybe 4! :D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I think someone tried to chat to me tonight and I hit block on the pop up blocker :mad:
    You may want to check if ALL chats are now blocked...?

I have to say 2 things that put me off messaging someone straight away is a pic of them posing half naked or if they are bi

I thinking of turning into a B****rd :mad::mad::mad: i might have more luck. being nice :):)gets u nowhere..

Dovies wrote: »

was this from one of the dates you have this week! :rolleyes:
    that bugs me too, they could at least wait a few dates :cool:

I thinking of turning into a B****rd :mad::mad::mad: i might have more luck. being nice :):)gets u nowhere..

ah don't be like that now.. there's lots of ladies that appreciate a nice guy.
    its just the problem with pof, alot of them are too darn picky! but keep giving it stick :D

liz2 wrote: »
    was this from one of the dates you have this week! :rolleyes:
    that bugs me too, they could at least wait a few dates :cool:

No it wasnt - luckily - or my dates would have been reduced from 4 lol.

4 dates, all around the same time like? god i dont think i could manage that! would you be rushing to finish a meal so that you can run to meet someone else in a bar down the street :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

4 dates, all around the same time like? god i dont think i could manage that! would you be rushing to finish a meal so that you can run to meet someone else in a bar down the street :D

A bit like Mrs Doubtfire where he has to switch back and forth between dates :D :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement