Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I thinking of turning into a B****rd :mad::mad::mad: i might have more luck. being nice :):)gets u nowhere..

In my experience, guys who think they are too 'nice', are generally push overs who agree with everything you say. Most women want someone who is nice to them and treats them well, but you also have to be your own person at the same time. Nobody likes a bastard, please dont go down that route!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

panda100 wrote: »
    In my experience, guys who think they are too 'nice', are generally push overs who agree with everything you say. Most women want someone who is nice to them and treats them well, but you also have to be your own person at the same time. Nobody likes a bastard, please dont go down that route!

i agree with panda. women like guys that can stand up for himself, speak his own mind but at the same time who can treat us well. (its not alot to ask for is it :confused::pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

liz2 wrote: »
    i agree with panda. women like guys that can stand up for himself, speak his own mind but at the same time who can treat us well. (its not alot to ask for is it :confused::pac:)

No its not :cool::cool:just wanted to see what women thought :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

liz2 wrote: »

Sorry Liz, this is not directed at you, but has been bubbling beneath the surface all f&*king day and i'm bloody pissed off that i allowed it happen to me............. AGAIN

Stand Up For himself, Speak his own Mind and treat you well.....

AND YET YOU STILL FECK OFF WITH THE OTHER GUY

You lot don't know what you want!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

gatecrash wrote: »
    Sorry Liz, this is not directed at you, but has been bubbling beneath the surface all f&*king day and i'm bloody pissed off that i allowed it happen to me............. AGAIN

Stand Up For himself, Speak his own Mind and treat you well.....

AND YET YOU STILL FECK OFF WITH THE OTHER GUY

You lot don't know what you want!!!

I know the Feeling bud:o:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

I really don't understand men. Wen't on to okcupid a minute ago because i got one of those you've got mail emails.
    (backstory - i met one guy off okcupid a while ago for a few dates,
    i thought
    it was going great, he obviously didn't and pulled the "no reply to text" trick, no biggie...also i deleted my photos during all this because i was getting sick of the whole online thing)

When i went on he showed up three times in my visitors section, what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

I really don't understand men. Wen't on to okcupid a minute ago because i got one of those you've got mail emails.
    (backstory - i met one guy off okcupid a while ago for a few dates,
    i thought
    it was going great, he obviously didn't and pulled the "no reply to text" trick, no biggie...also i deleted my photos during all this because i was getting sick of the whole online thing)

When i went on he showed up three times in my visitors section, what?

Having a rethink and regretting what he did would be my guess.

Having a rethink and regretting what he did would be my guess.

Hmmm he's on my facebook, could easily get back in touch...I was considering putting my photos back up but i don't know why he's kinda put me off

Hmmm he's on my facebook, could easily get back in touch...I was considering putting my photos back up but i don't know why he's kinda put me off

get rid of him off facebook would be my first thing.

What's the point in having someone on there who is going to treat you like that.

get rid of him off facebook would be my first thing.

What's the point in having someone on there who is going to treat you like that.

Yeah i considered that but thought it might be petty ? other than the no reply thing he was nice.
    honestly think i scared him off by deleting the photos, i never told him and he probably thought i was thinking id found the one :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Not sure I'd bother myself, but if you're still thinking about him it may be worth asking "hey head, what's the story", or some more ladylike version, to see what excuses he pulls out of the air.

Yeah i considered that but thought it might be petty ? other than the no reply thing he was nice.
    honestly think i scared him off by deleting the photos, i never told him and he probably thought i was thinking id found the one :pac::pac:

He doesn't bother his arse responding to your texts and YOU are concerned about being seen as petty?

Get rid of him. He's not worth the time and energy

So not having the manners to tell you what's going on is nice? Is it any wonder we're confused?? :pac:

Not sure I'd bother myself, but if you're still thinking about him it may be worth asking "hey head, what's the story", or some more ladylike version, to see what excuses he pulls out of the air.

Nah not going down that route, if he was bothered he'd get in contact, and sure isint there POF (overused pun in this thread sorry). Just thought the viewing me thing was weird.

He doesn't bother his arse responding to your texts and YOU are concerned about being seen as petty?

Get rid of him. He's not worth the time and energy

Ok ok I see you're right, I was probably subconsciously hoping he'd get in contact before....I'll go do a bit of facebook deleting now!

Nah not going down that route, if he was bothered he'd get in contact, and sure isint there POF (overused pun in this thread sorry). Just thought the viewing me thing was weird.

Why even think twice about deleting him off FB then?

Why even think twice about deleting him off FB then?

^ I've seen sense, going to do it now

Ok ok I see you're right, I was probably subconsciously hoping he'd get in contact before....I'll go do a bit of facebook deleting now!

Sorry Jenny, just in bad mood.

Swallowed my extra bitter pill before i came on here tonight too.

Bad mood and Dating sites don't mix!!
    Nearly as bad as the Beer/Dating site mixture!!

Sorry Jenny, just in bad mood.

Swallowed my extra bitter pill before i came on here tonight too.

Bad mood and Dating sites don't mix!!
    Nearly as bad as the Beer/Dating site mixture!!

No worries, I've been there, i was in the exact same way a little while ago, you should stay off the dating sites till you feel better. Online frustration does nothing to improve the mood

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

didn't read any of the thread bar the last page but what are the lads here generally looking for and giving their experiences of? girlfriend material or smash-and-dashes?

didn't read any of the thread bar the last page but what are the lads here generally looking for and giving their experiences of? girlfriend material or smash-and-dashes?

Well the thread title is Online Dating. So that might be a clue. It's not online shagging. It's not online adult dating. It's not online having an affair.

Girlfriend material is what every bloke on here is looking for, and we are just chatting about our experiences with Online Dating and if it works for the individual poster

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

^ I've seen sense, going to do it now

well, did you delete him? :)
    ive been there too and as soon as the contact went from their end i never thought twice about deleting them! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭visual

visual wrote: »
    I think most of the guys reading this have realized there is 30 or 40 times or more guys on a dating site for every girl.

I've read through 20 pages of this thread only to discover its mostly women replying :) not a bad thing but for the guy's who get little or no replies... for every one mail you get the girl is getting 100. of course the girls can be short with you and many ignore your mails but its a artificial environment, while it boosts the girls ego to no ends it often makes a guy question himself. Take heart there is more women in Ireland than men. ;)

Dating sites will always be very hit and miss especially for guys, theres no harm in it and have fun but don't take it serious and remember if a girl getting dozens of mails per day and is still on the site months or years later there is something amiss. So if you really want to meet girls look around at the most common places shops, buses, trains, pubs and clubs the ratio can be 1:1 and you don't have to worry about a cropped photo. :D
    have fun and enjoy

yep, there's an idea... hang around outside train stations all day long..... :P

Oh NO ! That was my spot, now I'll have to hang around bus stops

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Was getting on really well with a girl on plenty of fish... Had been mailing for about 4 days. Asked her out and she blanked me. Been about a week and a half since I asked her.

:rolleyes:

panda100 wrote: »
    visual wrote: »
    I think most of the guys reading this have realized there is 30 or 40 times or more guys on a dating site for every girl.

I've read through 20 pages of this thread only to discover its mostly women replying :) not a bad thing but for the guy's who get little or no replies... for every one mail you get the girl is getting 100. of course the girls can be short with you and many ignore your mails but its a artificial environment, while it boosts the girls ego to no ends it often makes a guy question himself. Take heart there is more women in Ireland than men. ;)

Dating sites will always be very hit and miss especially for guys, theres no harm in it and have fun but don't take it serious and remember if a girl getting dozens of mails per day and is still on the site months or years later there is something amiss. So if you really want to meet girls look around at the most common places shops, buses, trains, pubs and clubs the ratio can be 1:1 and you don't have to worry about a cropped photo. :D
    have fun and enjoy

I find that to be a bit of a lazy generalisation about women on dating sites tbh. Its just not true that women get 100's of messages per day!!Or if it is true then I am an absolute complete munter, and my personality comes across as heinous on my profile :) I get about two messages per week, and would reply to most of them. I am definately not doing online to get an ego boost, I am doing it because I would like to meet someone I have a connection with.

Internet dating not going too good at the mo for me. Each time I suggest a meet up I don't hear anything back. It annoys me that some people are use dating sites as an internet forum to chat to people, have they not heared of boards! I had a lovely encounter in a coffee shop in Rathmines the other day when I got chatting to a really nice guy. We didn't swap numbers or anything, but it restored my confidence in meeting someone :)

Don't know why you say lazy generalization. Do the maths !
    Some paid sites offer women free in attempt to address inbalance.

If the ratio was reversed you get fewer replies and even less dates.

Your perspective would be slightly different

That_Guy wrote: »
    Was getting on really well with a girl on plenty of fish... Had been mailing for about 4 days. Asked her out and she blanked me. Been about a week and a half since I asked her.

:rolleyes:

It happens.... Some only want to chat and have little interest in meeting up.
    Plenty of fish in the sea lol....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

The pickings on POF going further downhill.

Since when is it attractive to say that you are not normal and a creep in your profile??? Do girls actually fall for guys who put that down on their profiles??

Seriously if I put down "Bunny boiler hatchet carrying mad woman" on my profile...I hope I would not get replies...so I have absolutely no idea why guys are putting stuff like "abnormal crazy guy" seeks abnormal crazy woman on their profiles???? I suppose they are honest...but really...why bother making a profile in the first place???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Since when is it attractive to say that you are not normal and a creep in your profile??? Do girls actually fall for guys who put that down on their profiles??

Seriously if I put down "Bunny boiler hatchet carrying mad woman" on my profile...I hope I would not get replies...so I have absolutely no idea why guys are putting stuff like "abnormal crazy guy" seeks abnormal crazy woman on their profiles???? I suppose they are honest...but really...why bother making a profile in the first place???

WTF. :confused:

I'd be thinking that "abnormal crazy guy" thinks that it's wacky and funny and he's cool cos he's different and don't be a square maaaaaaan.

excuse me while i thump him

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭miaowsky

Ok I think I've lurked here long enough! It's now time to tell my story.

So I'm on POF...it's been interesting so far! So I've met this one guy off it, we actually went on three dates and to be honest I really thought it was going somewhere, but then he appears to have fallen off the face of the earth :( I know people can get busy at times, but not replying to a txt msg...that hardly takes a couple a days! Ah well, live and learn! I did have three great dates with him, so at least I'd fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

I'd be thinking that "abnormal crazy guy" thinks that it's wacky and funny and he's cool cos he's different and don't be a square maaaaaaan.

excuse me while i thump him

Guy puts crazy/creep/insane/abnormal on his profile = avoid...speaks trouble

New profile heading: Sane guys with personality/normal humour need only apply ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement