Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Guy puts crazy/creep/insane/abnormal on his profile = avoid...speaks trouble

New profile heading: Sane guys with personality/normal humour need only apply
    ;)

must copy and paste that into the pof search when i get home!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

any one seeing a pattern emerging with the 3 dates things?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

3 dates? I've not gotten a single one this time around... had two semi-lined up and then they disappear :confused: So I've hidden my pof profile for now, probably get back on in a month or so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

I think mine said I've a strange sense of humor, because I do and you might as well be up front, if a guy says "I'm a little crazy" thrown in with lots of normal stuff it wouldn't really bother me.

Still cant get myself out of this dating funk, both irl and online, gonna make myself go back on tomorrow, and that'll be the decider.

Dovies update us on all your dates please, I'm vicariously placing all my eggs in your basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Dovies update us on all your dates please, I'm vicariously placing all my eggs in your basket.

3 confirmed - not the 4th but I wasnt holding out for that one anyway. Lunch tomorrow, lunch thurs and drinks friday night so no I wont be running from one to the next lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

have any of you gone on a date with someone else from this thread without actually knowing till after?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭miaowsky

Dovies wrote: »
    3 confirmed - not the 4th but I wasnt holding out for that one anyway. Lunch tomorrow, lunch thurs and drinks friday night so no I wont be running from one to the next lol.

Ha that's insane! Last time I went for drinks with a date (aaaages ago), we got so drunk and ended up in Coppers. And then to top it off I ended up throwing up outside my door.....and he still wanted sex! Not my finest hour I'll admit!

Dovies wrote: »

o.O am i alloud to rasie my eye brow and go...

Go you :cool::D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

miaowsky wrote: »
    Ha that's insane! Last time I went for drinks with a date (aaaages ago), we got so drunk and ended up in Coppers. And then to top it off I ended up throwing up outside my door.....and he still wanted sex! Not my finest hour I'll admit!

Classy :pac:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

The pickings on POF going further downhill.

Since when is it attractive to say that you are not normal and a creep in your profile??? Do girls actually fall for guys who put that down on their profiles??

Seriously if I put down "Bunny boiler hatchet carrying mad woman" on my profile...I hope I would not get replies...so I have absolutely no idea why guys are putting stuff like "abnormal crazy guy" seeks abnormal crazy woman on their profiles???? I suppose they are honest...but really...why bother making a profile in the first place???

Who would actually say "I'm a creep" on a profile? I joke around with the creep mentality all the time and so far the only people that get it and go along with it actually have a sense of humour, anyone that didn't get it or took it at face value were extremely boring and way too "normal" for my liking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

I think mine said I've a strange sense of humor, because I do and you might as well be up front, if a guy says "I'm a little crazy" thrown in with lots of normal stuff it wouldn't really bother me.

Still cant get myself out of this dating funk, both irl and online, gonna make myself go back on tomorrow, and that'll be the decider.

No I would absolutely avoid especially with online dating. It speaks volumes. It is ok about being up front about certain things, what food you like, movies etc.

However, I would be really worried if someone came out with "hey im crazy/creep/insane/abnormal/control freak" on the 1st date/profile. Its one thing to be quirky. What does that leave you to discover about the person in a few months time? They have some crazy habit like sniffing feet (insert crazy habit) etc?

I like to search for someone "normal". It might seem boring, but relationships are complicated as they are without discovering your dating a maniac, especially a self confessed one. Surely if a normal person knew they were a little crazy they would work on it?

Ive dated enough nutters in my time. I suppose with age you learn to avoid them. The ones who self confess to being a nutter....im definitely staying well away...

moving onto the next POF profile

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Who would actually say "I'm a creep" on a profile? I joke around with the creep mentality all the time and so far the only people that get it and go along with it actually have a sense of humour, anyone that didn't get it or took it at face value were extremely boring and way too "normal" for my liking.

Yeah there is joking...but then there are some things you really shouldnt put on your profile....like hey im a murderer/alcoholic etc. The joking can be left to in person on the actual date. Anything in text form can come across as "face value" because there is no body language to back up that you are not serious about it.

Profiles are all about 1st impressions and describing yourself and if all you can say about yourself on a profile is that your crazy/creep/weirdo...well im off to find the next fish.

Especially if your actually looking to date someone/potential relationship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

any one seeing a pattern emerging with the 3 dates things?

hmmm, i know :rolleyes:
    correct me if im wrong, but it seems its the guys that are doing the legger at 3 dates :confused:
    i don't mind if someone decides you're not for them, it happens all the time and its all part of it, but its the disappearing act they do... (letting on all is well and then..............gone! :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Yeah there is joking...but then there are some things you really shouldnt put on your profile....like hey im a murderer/alcoholic etc. The joking can be left to in person on the actual date. Anything in text form can come across as "face value" because there is no body language to back up that you are not serious about it.

Profiles are all about 1st impressions and describing yourself and if all you can say about yourself on a profile is that your crazy/creep/weirdo...well im off to find the next fish.

Especially if your actually looking to date someone/potential relationship

I get what you're saying. I'd never put something that blunt on my profile if it wasn't clearly a joke.

I suppose it'd be like a woman saying "I'm very hard to handle, can be a bitch at times and very dramatic most of the time". AVOID! :pac:

liz2 wrote: »
    correct me if im wrong, but it seems its the guys that are doing the legger at 3 dates :confused:
    i don't mind if someone decides you're not for them, it happens all the time and its all part of it, but its the disappearing act they do... (letting on all is well and then..............gone! :pac:)

Only a few posts back I mentioned that it is quite normal to expect to get more intimate with someone on/after the 3rd date. Apparently if you follow rules it is bad to get intimate before the 3rd date. It is the "3rd date rule". However many people said that it is "silly" to have such rules.

It is not my rule and I also I dont agree with rules....although I am thinking that if people are having problems after the 3rd date and not hearing back...maybe it is because the guys are following the 3rd date rule? If they have had no "chemistry" then maybe they think are in the friends zone???

Again I didnt make up the 3rd date rule...its just something that is difficult to change even in this day and age.

Of course the arguement came up that if people are not ready to do stuff by the 3rd date, then was the person really going to be the type you want to date/relationship?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

Exact same happened to me recently, and he had seemed very keen too. It may be time for the ladies to hit the PMs and swap more details to check it isn't the same fecker!

Exact same happened to me recently, and he had seemed very keen too. It may be time for the ladies to hit the PMs and swap more details to check it isn't the same fecker!

sounds like it to me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I really don't understand men. Wen't on to okcupid a minute ago because i got one of those you've got mail emails.
    (backstory - i met one guy off okcupid a while ago for a few dates,
    i thought
    it was going great, he obviously didn't and pulled the "no reply to text" trick, no biggie...also i deleted my photos during all this because i was getting sick of the whole online thing)

When i went on he showed up three times in my visitors section, what?

Maybe the text never sent??? These things happen?

whats the story with the really bad wine glass pictures do women realise that you dont look sophisticated.....

I just noticed it there a couple of people have said it can wee all form a gorup and discuss it

bagzy wearing the wooly aran jumper and the geeky glass's while wearing white socks and sandels and crossing my legs :cool:

:pac:

I dunno just something I couldnt help but notice...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

I can't decide whether this thread makes me feel better because it seems I'm not the only one that has trouble making a decent connection with people via the internet or worse because basically everyone is in the same boat with there being no trick to it, just luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

sharper wrote: »
    I can't decide whether this thread makes me feel better because it seems I'm not the only one that has trouble making a decent connection with people via the internet or worse because basically everyone is in the same boat with there being no trick to it, just luck.

It's pure luck.

In my own case I don't really use the 'search' function of any of the site that I'm on, I just check who's online and who suits the age range that I'm looking for. After that it's check the pics and then the profile. Then if I like the person, I'll mail them. And maybe get a reply, maybe not.

So, if I'm lucky enough to be online, at the same time as someone who matches my 'criteria', and lucky enough to get a reply then it might develop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

gatecrash wrote: »
    It's pure luck.

In my own case I don't really use the 'search' function of any of the site that I'm on, I just check who's online and who suits the age range that I'm looking for. After that it's check the pics and then the profile. Then if I like the person, I'll mail them. And maybe get a reply, maybe not.

So, if I'm lucky enough to be online, at the same time as someone who matches my 'criteria', and lucky enough to get a reply then it might develop.

i just check the new users since i have all the others burned out:eek::eek::eek::eek::o

i just check the new users since i have all the others burned out:eek::eek::eek::eek::o

Because I'm female and therefore have men in their hundreds vying for my attention, I set them quests to see who's worthy of a date. At the moment one man is collecting snow drops from the Himalayas to win me over.

* True story. Every last word. *solemn nod*

Because I'm female and therefore have men in their hundreds vying for my attention, I set them quests to see who's worthy of a date. At the moment one man is collecting snow drops from the Himalayas to win me over.

*AhEM*

sounds more like a slave...

sounds like it to me :o

Can you imagine if we'd all dated the same guy!? That's kinda funny actually. My friend reckons I should txt him to see what the story is but I think that's a bit much. While yes it may answer a few questions...I'd rather not be thought a psycho!

*AhEM*

sounds more like a slave...

I really don't think it would be better if I was paying my dates :rolleyes:

Classy :pac:

This was a few years ago...I have matured slightly!

I really don't think it would be better if I was paying my dates :rolleyes:

I was joking :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

Hmmm....you wouldn't term someone like that to be , ooohhh...let's say, a Snow Monkey??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement