Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

gatecrash wrote: »
    not if he's getting replies.

3 unwarranted, unreplied mails, then the girlie needs to consider blocking!! ;)

unfortunately i do block guys who send excessive emails in the one day....they stop me from being able to read the other emails.

ok back to work...need to find a job in the real world, cant be a student forever...im now signing up to be my 10th year as a student...starting to think what degree i should get next???? what country should i move to next???

the next date from online dating is just not going to materialise anytime soon...way too much on my plate, such as traveling the world, what beach should i visit 1st yada yada

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

liz2 wrote: »
    so what time is your date dovies? ;)
    i have one this evening.. & im not as nervous as i usually would be! i dunno if thats a good or a bad thing..lol

I know what you mean, at this jaded stage in my dating career I'm getting a bit more relaxed. In a way, that's taking some of the fun out of it. I have one lined up for next week so I need to build the guy up in my head as much as possible to get the nervous butterflies back. I may even propose! (And isn't it a good thing I have a different profile name on the site!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

unfortunately i do block guys who send excessive emails in the one day....they stop me from being able to read the other emails.

ok back to work...need to find a job in the real world, cant be a student forever...im now signing up to be my 10th year as a student...starting to think what degree i should get next????

Hmmmm...

I dunno Magnetic....

the first mail is a little bit of an intro, Hi, how are you, nice pictures, oh i see you like XXXXX, that's interesting i do YYYYY.
    First mail from the lady, hi how are you nice profile, what you said about your dogs made me laugh blah de blah

2nd mail response to hers ask how she's finding the site, how long has she been online dating for etc..maybe throw the name in at the end...
    She responds with her name etc

3rd mail from bloke; Nice to meet you too (insert random lady name here), where do you work/live (not company, just area, not address, just rough area)
    Magnetic Impulse Blocks??

might be a bit, excuse the bad pun, but impulsive maybe??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

So if you get chatting to someone, you stop chatting to them in case it stops you from being able to ...chat to someone....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

3 emails to the same person in the one day?? is that not a bit excessive??

maybe its just because I find it difficult enought to get through 200 emails a day, theres no way id manage 3 emails to the same person especially in the same day!!!! be lucky if i got around to reading their email 1 month later haha. in fact be lucky if i actually had the time to open their email...

just to add...i agree with pretty much semele has said...finally someone who seems to have similar experience.

So if you went to the bother of replying to someone,you wouldnt want them to reply to you?

Jesus gimme a break will you.Since you started posting in this thread again its been nothing but doom and bloody gloom from you and Im sick of it.The thread was locked before because you tried to rail road it and the same thing is happening again.

News flash,you said you used online dating for up on 10 years yet couldnt meet someone despite allegedly getting 200 mails a day so maybe you arent exactly qualified to comment on every single post in this thread.Everyone is welcome to post in this thread but what you are doing is essentially soap boxing which is against our charter.If you want to rant about the world of online dating then I suggest starting a blog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

So if you went to the bother of replying to someone,you wouldnt want them to reply to you?

Jesus gimme a break will you.Since you started posting in this thread again its been nothing but doom and bloody gloom from you and Im sick of it.The thread was locked before because you tried to rail road it and the same thing is happening again.

News flash,you said you used online dating for up on 10 years yet couldnt meet someone despite allegedly getting 200 mails a day so maybe you arent exactly qualified to comment on every single post in this thread.Everyone is welcome to post in this thread but what you are doing is essentially soap boxing which is against our charter.If you want to rant about the world of online dating then I suggest starting a blog.

if i was drinking tea, it'd be all over the keyboard. but i wasn't, so i got snot on my face instead. :(

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

My guess would be that on here people are a bit more relaxed and personalities come out a bit more, humour in particular. On dating websites, people are a little more artificial, either trying a bit too hard or playing it a bit too safe with the humour and generally not being themselves.

Bit of a generalisation I know, not everyone is behaving like that.

Aye my profile is rubbish, I actually dont think I've read it since I wrote it last week, criiinnggee

*im honest,fun blah bla* fk off lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

Dovies wrote: »
    Hey
    Had one yesterday. The one today hasn't got back to me so sod him. have another one tomorrow night! Good luck tonight! Hope he is the man of your dreams! :D

ah, so will you be meeting the guy from yterday again? :)
    gosh, you must have some amount of butterflies this week :pac:

Rossin wrote: »
    Aye my profile is rubbish, I actually dont think I've read it since I wrote it last week, criiinnggee

*im honest,fun blah bla* fk off lol

Well, go back and start again and this time, let yourself be seen. Don't just describe yourself, show yourself.

I never "tried" to rail road this thread...it was not me who ever closed the thread.

I never said I was qualified to comment, Ive made it clear Im sharing my experience. For each "I met my partner via online dating and we are getting married" person there is equally one of me, who has been doing online dating for 10 years!!! Maybe Im not alone, maybe I am? If everyone was having success with online dating, this thread wouldnt exist. Half the people on here rant about girls not replying to their emails etc. So dont point the finger just at me!!!!

No point having a go at me because I am sharing my experience. It's not ranting...it is contributing...if you have a problem with people sharing their honest real experience, then why does boards.ie even exist???

• Advertisement

Well, go back and start again and this time, let yourself be seen. Don't just describe yourself, show yourself.

Yep, that's the plan, some of it is okay, just some of it sounds like a robot is describing me

I never "tried" to rail road this thread...it was not me who ever closed the thread.

I never said I was qualified to comment, Ive made it clear Im sharing my experience. For each "I met my partner via online dating and we are getting married" person there is equally one of me, who has been doing online dating for 10 years!!! Maybe Im not alone, maybe I am? If everyone was having success with online dating, this thread wouldnt exist. Half the people on here rant about girls not replying to their emails etc. So dont point the finger just at me!!!!

No point having a go at me because I am sharing my experience. It's not ranting...it is contributing...if you have a problem with people sharing their honest real experience, then why does boards.ie even exist???

Sharing your experiences is one thing.You are replying to pretty much every single post on here and its all in a negative fashion.Online dating didnt work for you,fine,move along because you are sucking the life out of what was once a fun thread.

Its works/worked for alot of people and the world does not revolve around you.

Either take direction or the option will be taken from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

Yep, that's the plan, some of it is okay, just some of it sounds like a robot is describing me
    A profile is a very artificial way to describe yourself so it's always going to feel weird and forced. The best thing to do is browse the profiles of other guys and avoid doing the things that start to annoy you about them.

It's also tempting to describe yourself in a way that makes you sound like what you think women want ("Hey I'm laid back, love to have fun but can be serious and like quiet time too") but it just makes you sound like everyone else. It's best to go with what makes you stand out, assuming what makes you stand out isn't your hobby of stuffing dead animals and arranging them in the living room.

Sharing your experiences is one thing.You are replying to pretty much every single post on here and its all in a negative fashion.Online dating didnt work for you,fine,move along because you are sucking the life out of what was once a fun thread.

Its works/worked for alot of people and the world does not revolve around you.

Either take direction or the option will be taken from you.

I have not responded to every single post on this thread.

Just because I am not anouncing my wedding on here does not mean you have the right to talk down to me or say that I cannot continue with online dating.

What gives you the right to order the way people live their life? Just because I am not dating 50 guys in one week, does not mean I have to give up all hope and become a cat lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I had to hazard a guess it was you, i sent the usual, "i am horny" :P

Eh no horny emails! God only knows who you sent it too! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

liz2 wrote: »
    ah, so will you be meeting the guy from yterday again? :)
    gosh, you must have some amount of butterflies this week :pac:

No not meeting the guy from yesterday again - really not my type and lives too far away. Had this odd way of talking to me - head down and looking up at me - bit like a 2 year old in hiding! lol

I have not responded to every single post on this thread.

Just because I am not anouncing my wedding on here does not mean you have the right to talk down to me or say that I cannot continue with online dating.

What gives you the right to order the way people live their life? Just because I am not dating 50 guys in one week, does not mean I have to give up all hope and become a cat lady.

Seriously,what are you on about?????

You have said on numerous occasions that you are done with online dating yet you are posting a disproportionate amount about the subject,all of it negative.This thread is not get advice from MI about online dating.If it was not one person would ever use it again.

At no point have I told you how to live your life,to give up online dating,dating in real life or anything of the sort and to imply such is laughable,I ment move along from this thread.Its once again a case of you seeing what you want to see and reading things that arent there,exactly why the thread was locked a few months ago.

To re-iterate my point in my first post which you clearly did not get,you are soap boxing your opinion on online dating because it failed for you.Thats fine,we get it,but soap boxing/brow beating or anything to that effect is against our charter and it will not be tolerated.

This is my final word on the matter and you are well advised to heed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭looky loo

^^^ Well, that relieved the sexual tension on this thread...:)

Hope you have a lovely date dovies.

Seriously,what are you on about?????

You have said on numerous occasions that you are done with online dating yet you are posting a disproportionate amount about the subject,all of it negative.This thread is not get advice from MI about online dating.If it was not one person would ever use it again.

At no point have I told you how to live your life,to give up online dating,dating in real life or anything of the sort and to imply such is laughable,I ment move along from this thread.Its once again a case of you seeing what you want to see and reading things that arent there,exactly why the thread was locked a few months ago.

To re-iterate my point in my first post which you clearly did not get,you are soap boxing your opinion on online dating because it failed for you.Thats fine,we get it,but soap boxing/brow beating or anything to that effect is against our charter and it will not be tolerated.

This is my final word on the matter and you are well advised to heed it.

Neither is it take advice from Otis thread regarding online dating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭visual

Why are all the women stuck in dating online in gentelman lounge when same thread runs in ladies section.
    Thread had now become very diluted and guys are getting over shadowed with a women's experienced of on line dating that is totally different experience be it good or bad for a guy. ?????

• Advertisement

Is there a thread in the ladies lounge? Id prefer if they stay tbh, more the merrier and it's good to get advice from both sides

visual wrote: »
    Why are all the women stuck in dating online in gentelman lounge when same thread runs in ladies section.
    Thread had now become very diluted and guys are getting over shadowed with a women's experienced of on line dating that is totally different experience be it good or bad for a guy. ?????

Apart from a coulpe of incidents, as you can see from the last few pages, it's been a very good thread and a lot of that is down to the fact that it's mixed - in gender, age, experience etc. Well worth is carrying on as is IMO.

Is there a thread in the ladies lounge? Id prefer if they stay tbh, more the merrier and it's good to get advice from both sides

If this thread was in different section I agree but it's not.

Very same thread in ladies lounge ( first posting on this thread) and I doubt it's over shadowed with very vocal guys but as I've not visited it I dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

So, anyways.....anyone with any successes? apart from Dovies or are you all going on dates with her?? :pac:

Good luck Liz2 on your date.

Right so, the copy and paste dude actually seems like a guy I wouldn't mind meeting up with. Ooh decisions!! :o He's already mailed me his number. I'm half thinking feck it, just meet up after exchanging two mails but the sensible me is saying wait a while. :cool:

visual wrote: »

Women are as welcome to post in this or any thread in tGC as long as they do so in the spirit of the forum and within the rules of the charter,thats the way it always has been and as far as Im concerned thats the way it always will be.
    :)

Larianne wrote: »
    So, anyways.....anyone with any successes? apart from Dovies or are you all going on dates with her?? :pac:

Right so, the copy and paste dude actually seems like a guy I wouldn't mind meeting up with. Ooh decisions!! :o He's already mailed me his number. I'm half thinking feck it, just meet up after exchanging two mails but the sensible me is saying wait a while. :cool:

Pfffttt,sensible schmensible!

When was the last time you threw caution to the wind Larri?

I say go for it,certainly nothing to lose anyway.

Moderator ! Indirectly has answered my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

I'm a sad panda now.

Tis the second time that the girl i've been chatting too, and getting on great with started dating someone before i had a chance :(
    The first one was kinda my fault cause we both had repeat exams and we decided to delay our coffee, but i had asked the second one out only after a couple days, and she deleted her account :(
    Still chatting to the first one, and the second one was really nice about it, but i guess that's a good thing. Have one more option and still seeking more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Go for it lari...

BUT NOT BEFORE YOU PM ME THIS MESSAGE!!

Purely for research purposes, obviously!! And not to copy. Nope. Not at all.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Xios wrote: »
    I'm a sad panda now.

Tis the second time that the girl i've been chatting too, and getting on great with started dating someone before i had a chance :(
    The first one was kinda my fault cause we both had repeat exams and we decided to delay our coffee, but i had asked the second one out only after a couple days, and she deleted her account :(
    Still chatting to the first one, and the second one was really nice about it, but i guess that's a good thing. Have one more option and still seeking more.

You're doing something right so man :) Keep it up :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement