Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

im watching you :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I'm taking a break guys, just couldn't get back into it, pof left me on a lovely note, the last mail i looked at "HI pics inside" "I'm horny....cue penis photo"

I suppose it's only right I end as I started

I didn't know penises could send emails. It's amazing what they can do these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Rossin wrote: »
    im watching you :cool:

Ive a web cam :eek:

couldnt of seen me im faceless on boards :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Gorgeous girl, amazing profile, thinking too good to be true, send her a message, SHE REPLIES! tells me she gets a lot of messages on there (no ****!) and to add her on FB for a proper chat. Give me her name.
    stick her name into FB, 100s of profiles, and no photo which stands out as her. message her back to see if I can find out which one she is, and have had no reply since then. Ugh the stress! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

zuroph wrote: »
    Gorgeous girl, amazing profile, thinking too good to be true, send her a message, SHE REPLIES! tells me she gets a lot of messages on there (no ****!) and to add her on FB for a proper chat. Give me her name.
    stick her name into FB, 100s of profiles, and no photo which stands out as her. message her back to see if I can find out which one she is, and have had no reply since then. Ugh the stress! :p

Probably about 1500 friends too :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

I'm sick of messaging the few women that are in my area and never getting a reply. Then people from further away probably don't reply cause of the distance. Frustrating! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

From what ive read on this thread people seem to prefer Okcupid over plenty of fish. Ive been on pof for a while and started getting sick of the majority of messages saying 'Hey sxy' :mad: so thought id check out ok cupid. By far the profiles are much better some thought has been but into them...but I dunno what it is but anyone I talk to on it seem to just want to be pen friends or the messages begin to fizzle out.

Ive messaged a few guys im interested in on both sites but never seem to get too much responses back, Im thinking guys dont like to be messaged first or ye of course their just not interested. So annoying I feel the pain of the guys who message girls and get nothing back :D Cant say im a saint I do the same so getting a taste of my own medicine.

Anyway funny reading peoples experiences on here but just a question. Do you prefer meeting for drinks or coffee(tea) for a first date? I normally do the drinks date but sometimes the coffee date can be better if your not that interested in the person, you can finish up after one cuppa where as drinks date I dunno I just feel I have to have at least two before I make my excuses :p

someone I spent the evening chatting to has just deleted their profile :confused:

someone I spent the evening chatting to has just deleted their profile :confused:

Disappointing, Probably was just using the site to talk to people rather than meet?

they had said that, but I was fine with that! I dunno, some things they said made me think they're not too secure in themselves anyway.

still waiting on the gorgeous one to message me back :p

• Advertisement

they had said that, but I was fine with that! I dunno, some things they said made me think they're not too secure in themselves anyway.

still waiting on the gorgeous one to message me back :p

I'll get back to you tomorrow ;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

god this thread moves fast! I went on holidays for two weeks and now im 100 pages behind!

anyway, after a lot of emailing and texting I had my first date with someone from the internet....although she has insisted i can never tell anyone thats how we met! it really doesnt bother me but then again i have zero shame.

I had three days in the city before going on holidays and i met her three times and the she dropped me to the airport the last morning!

Its strange though....im found it kinda hard at first to reconcile the person in the emails and texts with the person in real life....the photo she used was a few years old and i suppose i kinda always gave her a different voice when i was reading her emails and texts.....if that makes sense?

its weird though, things started off really well but now i think she's still fixated on my profile and the emails from before we met rather than getting to know me....we're perfect on paper and i think thats more important to her than how we do in real life......not sure if i've explained it well... anyway...i'll keep reading the posts i've missed...i'll probably catch up in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

just to add...i agree with pretty much semele has said...finally someone who seems to have similar experience.

Would just like to point out that I don't agree with this! Not in a nasty way at all but what you've described is a million miles away from my experiences of online dating...unless my posts really came across very differently than they were intended to then I certainly haven't seen much common ground!

All the best anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

The lack of success I'm having is so annoying:mad::mad: Think my profile must be really crap:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

Semele wrote: »
    Would just like to point out that I don't agree with this! Not in a nasty way at all but what you've described is a million miles away from my experiences of online dating...unless my posts really came across very differently than they were intended to then I certainly haven't seen much common ground!

All the best anyway:)

Well everything you said I agree with in your previous posts...so I dont know how you say you disagree with someone who agrees with what you have said. ive had exact same experience as you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Fair enough! The opinions you express in your posts and the experiences you talk about are totally different to mine though and I don't find any point of agreement in yours, so presumed there had been some misunderstanding- you agreeing with me seemed to contradict what you were saying yourself. Never mind though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Fittle wrote: »
    I got a photo from a guy on pof once that I'll never forget. He had done the 'im horny' stuff and then sent a pic...in the pic, he had his back to the camera and was wearing a thong. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry:p

Some of my friends set up a fake 'lonely hearts' on gumtree.ie. They got over 200 emails in 3 days. I'm not easily shocked but some of the pictures left me speechless.

newbee22 wrote: »
    The lack of success I'm having is so annoying:mad::mad: Think my profile must be really crap:(

Noo it's not, I remember seeing your profile ages ago, it's grand :D

As a noob to this, i must say, its hard not to reply to someone you're completely not interested in when they seem really nice! But I guess not replying is the best option really

I gotz some mail this morning but im still drunk so dont think ill reply just yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Samich wrote: »
    Noo it's not, I remember seeing your profile ages ago, it's grand :D

Thanks Samich! Maybe I'm too ugly to be spoken to!!:o:o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Hi folks,

I'm gonna make like a Galvasean and leave yis for a bit. he hehe ehehehehe eh ha ha ho ho ah ha

Best of luck everyone!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Hi folks,

I'm gonna make like a Galvasean and leave yis for a bit. he hehe ehehehehe eh ha ha ho ho ah ha

Best of luck everyone!

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

I'm talking to one last girl on POF - will see how things go with her and if they go nowhere, I think I'm just going to give up on Online Dating entirely and see about getting a girl in the Real World (tm)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I'm talking to one last girl on POF - will see how things go with her and if they go nowhere, I think I'm just going to give up on Online Dating entirely and see about getting a girl in the Real World (tm)

You mean like that pretty music shop girl!

Maguined wrote: »
    You mean like that pretty music shop girl!

Shuuussshh

I still haven't really been able to go into that shop after that :/

why not do both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I must say im using a free one at the moment and its great craic, I have 4 invites to dublin, 2 to cork and 1 to limerick and i'm an ugly fook! But the profile does it - cocky as hell and damn near abusive - You do still have to go chasing but a little work pays off - No stunners mind but some really cool like minded people.

My ex is on it - we dont speak anymore but she mailed me sayin she was raging coz its the best profile she has seen ever - I robbed alot of it tho :D.

Also - heres a trick - put up pictures of other people doing stuff - like paint-balling (with mask) absailing - (from below) - climbing (again from below) - basically anything that looks cool that you cant see you face :D you'll look interesting then :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭jenny111111

ardinn wrote: »

Also - heres a trick - put up pictures of other people doing stuff - like paint-balling (with mask) absailing - (from below) - climbing (again from below) - basically anything that looks cool that you cant see you face :D you'll look interesting then :P

Glad it's working for you but have to say, 9 times out of 10 I wouldn't reply to someone with photos like that, for exactly the reasons you describe, it would make me immediately think he had something to hide. A few full face shots are what I gave and expected to be honest, sure if they don't like the look of you what's the point ?

I'm sure I sounds terribly shallow, I've often replied to someone who's not my type but really never saw the point in replying to someone who I thought was unnattractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Glad it's working for you but have to say, 9 times out of 10 I wouldn't reply to someone with photos like that, for exactly the reasons you describe, it would make me immediately think he had something to hide. A few full face shots are what I gave and expected to be honest, sure if they don't like the look of you what's the point ?

I'm sure I sounds terribly shallow, I've often replied to someone who's not my type but really never saw the point in replying to someone who I thought was unnattractive.

No - i have loads of face shots :D just added a few in the "others" pile for effect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

uglyjohn wrote: »
    anyway, after a lot of emailing and texting I had my first date with someone from the internet....although she has insisted i can never tell anyone thats how we met! it really doesnt bother me but then again i have zero shame.

This is something that would really, really bother me. I'm very open with my friends about the fact that I date people I meet online, but I know some of them judge it. The last person I would expect that sort of attitude from is from someone who is also using the sites. I would also be very uncomfortable being asked to lie about something.

It's probably too late to apologise for raining on your parade now Uglyjohn... but hope you had a good holiday and welcome back! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement