Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I wouldn't date based on Blood type but I do discriminate on eye colour. Wouldn't want to end up with some brown-eyed little freaks running around. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

It's almost like a Nigerian spambot :P The profile behind it seems real though, which I find rather amusing.
    There are scammers operating on dating sites, they usually write messages in the form "I love your eyes/smile/face". They copy other people's profiles and pictures.

It doesn't mean that person definitely is, just don't invite him to live with you until second date minimum :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

sharper wrote: »
    It's almost like a Nigerian spambot :P The profile behind it seems real though, which I find rather amusing.
    There are scammers operating on dating sites, they usually write messages in the form "I love your eyes/smile/face". They copy other people's profiles and pictures.

It doesn't mean that person definitely is, just don't invite him to live with you until second date minimum :D

I always thought the spambots were more of the I am looking for honourable man to love and I will look after him. I am good god fearing woman.

Usually accompanied by a pic of some model type!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

gatecrash wrote: »
    I always thought the spambots were more of the I am looking for honourable man to love and I will look after him. I am good god fearing woman.

Usually accompanied by a pic of some model type!
    Usually but not always. They go after women too using similar techniques. At some point they probably realised a profile all about their love of god with pictures of a model in a skimpy dress didn't quite gel with the average person so they started lifting other profiles wholesale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Hah,no joke OKC sent me an email saying that I've been getting high ratings and they've adjusted my matches to better looking people :D

I'm flattered OKC but you're just not my type.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

This is something that would really, really bother me. I'm very open with my friends about the fact that I date people I meet online, but I know some of them judge it. The last person I would expect that sort of attitude from is from someone who is also using the sites. I would also be very uncomfortable being asked to lie about something.

It's probably too late to apologise for raining on your parade now Uglyjohn... but hope you had a good holiday and welcome back! :)

I too would have nothing to do with someone who would even consider lying about such a thing, if they are comfortable with telling lies once, they are probably telling lies all the time, and will eventually lie to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

OkC. And I won't! I'm paranoid enough someone I know will find it :P Debating whether or not to put pics up. All pictures I have of myself are quite misleading.

Pics or no hits! The first thing people notice on sites are the pics. I have zero intention of clicking on someones picless profile and reading about them unless I can see who it is I am looking at. No1 puts up unflattering pics of themselves so don't worry. I might actually stick up one of me looking shocking the morning after a session..this is me at my best and this is me at my worst..take it or leave it, infact I'm hammered in my profile pic as it is so its not a big step! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

i think i'll be leaving here for a bit ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

liz2 wrote: »

Go you :P :):D

Ah FFS!!!

At this rate it'll just be me, the mods and Magnetic Impulse left on here!!

And the only reason the mods will be here is cos they get paid in imaginary internetbucks and user XP!

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

So I went on a last minute date last night.

Had fun. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

How last minute?

He ended up out drinking near where I live so asked me over, so I went. :)

Larianne wrote: »
    He ended up out drinking near where I live so asked me over, so I went. :)

is this the copy and paste guy?

Sweet!!

is this the copy and paste guy?

Sweet!!

Haha Yep! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

Nice to hear of a success :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Is it strange to be bored of the site after only a day? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Got a date Wednesday :D Dinner, play, drinks. eeek!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

zuroph wrote: »
    Got a date Wednesday :D Dinner, play, drinks. eeek!

Are you bringing her to Batman?? Please say yes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Had the coolest thing happen to me today!

Dont know If you remember I said I was chatting to a nice guy in a coffee shop in Rathmines, a few weeks back. I didn't really have the confidence to ask for his number and he didnt ask for mine, so I just chalked it up to a nice experience and left it at that. When we were chatting I mentioned that I worked for a disability organisation and told him the name of it.

Turns out he actually emailed my work the next day asking to forward on his contact details to me!Our secretary was on annual leave for two weeks, so I just got it now. Was such a nice suprise today, and has restored my faith in meeting someone :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

panda100 wrote: »

Dont know If you remember I said I was chatting to a nice guy in a coffee shop in Rathmines, a few weeks back. I didn't really have the confidence to ask for his number and he didnt ask for mine, so I just chalked it up to a nice experience and left it at that. When we were chatting I mentioned that I worked for a disability organisation and told him the name of it.

Turns out he actually emailed my work the next day asking to forward on his contact details to me!Our secretary was on annual leave for two weeks, so I just got it now. Was such a nice suprise today, and has restored my faith in meeting someone :)

That's such a nice story :)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

panda100 wrote: »

Omg panda that is so romantic!! I remember you posting about him!

I just had a 2nd date with the guy i mentioned a while back which lasted over ten hours, third date planned, a sober one this time and if this goes well i will probably bow out of this thread too, have the butterfly feelings about him, eek :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Clearly something in the air these days.

Delighted for all of you guys that have met someone online and connected with.

Just goes to show that despite what others would have you believe that it is perfectly possible to meet someone using that medium.

Hurrah for love!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

I think I've worn out the thank button congratulating all the successful posts. :) Delighted for the lot of you!!

Clearly something in the air these days.

Delighted for all of you guys that have met someone online and connected with.

Just goes to show that despite what others would have you believe that it is perfectly possible to meet someone using that medium.

Hurrah for love!

:pac:

Yeah, well I'm gonna go all pinky and the brain here and start plotting world domination or destruction, one or the other

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJPFSNu_QNs

Yeah, well I'm gonna go all pinky and the brain here and start plotting world domination or destruction, one or the other

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJPFSNu_QNs

So your new plan is to take over the world, and then... force women to date you?? :P:P:P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

So your new plan is to take over the world, and then... force women to date you?? :P:P:P:P

128677396758155349.jpg

You say that like it's a problem??

An Otis? Pinky and the Brain are mice. Please remove the cat before attempting to subscribe again...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Are you bringing her to Batman?? Please say yes :D

ha. nah, Dancing Shoes, the george Best thingy

• Advertisement

You say that like it's a problem??

An Otis? Pinky and the Brain are mice. Please remove the cat before attempting to subscribe again...:pac:

No problem at all!!

(It's a massive problem but I probably shouldn't anger future dictators):D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement