Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

No problem at all!!

(It's a massive problem but I probably shouldn't anger future dictators):D

Future dictators can also read the small print!
    We're clever like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

That ones tricky to figure out, i think sometimes people think that it seems more aloof to leave it a while, same principal as treat em mean keep em keen i guess? and unfortunately like you said sometimes it's an effort to let it fizzle.....or she could have no credit. Either way if they regularly take an age to text back i like you take it as disinterest.

I hope she texts you back tomorrow!

Okay so she did text back , turns out she was just busy with a new job. So tonight was my first online dating date. Met up for a few drinks , straight away i knew it wasn't going to go anywhere , she was a really really nice girl but there was no attraction for me.
    i decided i was gonna have a good time anyway and we chatted about stuff we had in common, But i could see she liked me for her body language and the way she was acting, I was hoping she wasn't as i am terrible at the " well this is nice but i don't see it going anywhere" type speech I'm more like Chandler Bing " well that was great lets do it again sometime".
    So i was kinda dreading that all night and wondering what i'd say , But then nature intervened or should i say the slight head cold i have intervened. While she was talking i done a combo sneeze/cough and done a massive snot over myself. I quickly turned my head and got a tissue from my jacket but she seen it , there was no hiding it. The laughing couple across from us also seen it.
    I excused myself and went to the toilet , I wasn't embarrassed or anything i was trying hard not to laugh myself.
    Anyway didn't put her off and she seemed to want to meet up again so i hesitated and said i'd text her.
    Hope she doesn't read this.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

Larianne wrote: »
    So I went on a last minute date last night.

Had fun. :)

good stuff, great to hear that everyone is getting on so well right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

What do you mean here?

hmmm, not sure exactly.....maybe its just my general confusion about her coming through. maybe that didnt make sense now that i think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Well lets add to the 'success' stories. Had a great date on Friday night and we are going out again this week! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

congrats on all the success stories of late :) Maybe I should hide my profile more often, seems to bring good luck to others :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Maguined wrote: »
    Apparently it's a big deal in Japan, they view blood types as being personality types the same way us westerners use the zodiac birth dates.

I would say that though considering I am apparently an agreeable person due to my type O- blood which means I am also sociable, confident and creative as well as vain, rude, jealous and arrogant. Damn blood making me a jerk. :mad:

I couldn't date anyone who would take blood type or zodiac seriously.

I want someone who I can respect!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

mood wrote: »
    I couldn't date anyone who would take blood type or zodiac seriously.

The risk adverse might appreciate having a compatible donor by their side :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Getting a fair few messages so far, and lots of visitors to my profile from Scotland :confused:. Why Scotland? I dunno :P

Also, a fair few *ahem* older gentlemen, though that's nothing new. They chat me up IRL too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Getting a fair few messages so far, and lots of visitors to my profile from Scotland :confused:. Why Scotland? I dunno :P

Also, a fair few *ahem* older gentlemen, though that's nothing new. They chat me up IRL too :pac:

I've still got my profile disabled for now (there's a reason), but one of the last messages I received on there was from a woman in her 30's looking to have a kid... Yeah I'm 25... not yet love!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

might be something to do with the way your address is set up floures, worth a look at :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I'm packing it in. Will leave my profile there just on the off chance someone I'm half into sends me a mail, but not going to be active on it anymore. Tired of making a decent effort with mails and conversations and getting zip back.

I've still got my profile disabled for now (there's a reason), but one of the last messages I received on there was from a woman in her 30's looking to have a kid... Yeah I'm 25... not yet love!

Heh, nice :cool:. You should have said you were up for practising but not for the real deal just yet :P
    zuroph wrote: »
    might be something to do with the way your address is set up floures, worth a look at :)

Just had a look through all my settings, everything seems to be in order :confused:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Seems like everyone has had success :P

Samich wrote: »

<Cough> :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

Samich wrote: »
    Seems like the women folk had success and the men folk just gave up, it was ever thus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I wonder If the gorge weather is contributing to all the success stories. You cant help but have a spring in your step, and feel more positively about love and life when the sun is shining :)

I know its not strictly on topic, but If there are any single girls on this thread, we are organising a single girls night out for next Saturday night over on the Ladies Lounge Private If anyone is interested, or you can PM me for details!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

panda100 wrote: »
    I wonder If the gorge weather is contributing to all the success stories. You cant help but have a spring in your step, and feel more positively about love and life when the sun is shining :)

I'd be more cynical and say it's because it's the end of the summer and getting towards the end of the year. Nothing to look forward to now! :pac:

I've a date Friday and a frickin massive spot has decided to pop up on my bottom lip. Tis sore. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I'd be more cynical and say it's because it's the end of the summer and getting towards the end of the year. Nothing to look forward to now! :pac:

I've a date Friday and a frickin massive spot has decided to pop up on my bottom lip. Tis sore. :(

Don't ye women have stuff called make up? :P

Us men have no way to hide such things :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Dovies wrote: »
    Well lets add to the 'success' stories. Had a great date on Friday night and we are going out again this week! :D

Is there not a bit on this for 'unsuccessful stories'!?:confused:

Online dating in my honest opinion is far too easy to find people think meeting in a different setting is preferred you known then if there is a spark or you click with someone soon after meeting maybe not fancy straight away but like at least until you get to know them.

Online dating really is hit and miss if you like. Good to know there are people out there that are successful with online dating!

• Advertisement

panda100 wrote: »

I know its not strictly on topic, but If there are any single girls on this thread, we are organising a single girls night out for next Saturday night over on the Ladies Lounge Private If anyone is interested, or you can PM me for details!

Single ladies night out eh??

LADS, we're going to need someone to infiltrate the ladies lounge and find the location.

gatecrash wrote: »

LADS, we're going to need someone to infiltrate the ladies lounge and find the location.

It's a private forum, you need to request access :pac:

It's a private forum, you need to request access :pac:

Which is why i'm requesting volunteers!! :p

We can ask Otis and TPTB for a temporary exemption to the dual account ruling for the purposes of the infiltration.

After intensive training in how to pass off as a woman on the internet, and also escape and evasion training in case he gets caught and found out I think we can find a man man enough to be a woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Or just go to any bar and talk to random girls? Less hassle, less fuss.

Maguined wrote: »
    Or just go to any bar and talk to random girls? Less hassle, less fuss.

Where's that Buzz Killington jpeg??

Plug in your sense of humour detector, it appears to be flat.

Well had date 2 last night - there wont be a date 3! :rolleyes:

Now was this date 2 with one of the 5 lads from last week? Are there any more potential D2's in that group?

Now was this date 2 with one of the 5 lads from last week? Are there any more potential D2's in that group?

Lol it was date 2 with one of them!! The others - 2 got to date 1, 2 have been postponed for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What happened?

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    What happened?

Doesnt know what he wants - kept contradicting himself - looking for long term and then the next minute was only looking for casual. Cant be ar**d with indecisive men - different if he was in his 20's! :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement