Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

liah wrote: »
    Mine's a pretty even split in terms of gender.. think they all hate me though :o

Just noticed you snuck into my top ten, which is odd as I thought the results were frozen in time. Does this mean you hate me? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Just noticed you snuck into my top ten, which is odd as I thought the results were frozen in time. Does this mean you hate me? :pac:

Nah, I don't hate :p It's just, my top ten are kind of an odd combination. Some are expected but others I've had little to no (positive, anyway :pac:) interaction with. Still not quite sure how that works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Is Liah in every person on Boards Top 10? I thought I was special :(:pac:

It's PMs and thanks. So either they sent you hatemail or thanked your posts ironically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I don't get much PM hatemail (a bit on other sites though) so I guess a lot of people are thanking ironically.

Oh well, at least my ratio goes up? :pac:

• Advertisement

liah wrote: »
    I don't get much PM hatemail...

PM sent.
    Oh well, at least my ratio goes up? :pac:

Sure it does, liah, sure it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I really don't think that match thing is based on pm's or thanks, Galvasean shot straight up into my number one spot despite me thanking and pm'ing other people way more.

Also liah is my number three, she is in everyones lists! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Maguined wrote: »
    I really don't think that match thing is based on pm's or thanks, Galvasean shot straight up into my number one spot despite me thanking and pm'ing other people way more.

Its a combination of thanking posts, how many times ye quoted eachother, pms and profile visits...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

She ain't on mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

She ain't on mine :D

MONSTER! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Its a combination of thanking posts, how many times ye quoted eachother, pms and profile visits...

Yeah thats what everyone says but I am pretty sure there are other people I have done all of the above far more and they are either very low or not on my list at all.

I swear Galvasean I am not stalking you and stalking your profile every fifteen minutes. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I swear Galvasean I am not stalking you and stalking your profile every fifteen minutes. :cool:

Yeaaaah right Maggie! :pac:

We now return to: Everybody Loves Galvasean :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Galvasean wrote: »
    MONSTER! :eek:

Behave you :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

My boards lover Thaedyl seems to have deserted me!Has she left Boards or what?

Galvesean and Liah are pretty high up on my list too,the boards sluts, putting their love all over the place. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Odd question I know but does any one ever feel guilty about not replying ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Yes but it the best thing to do I feel. I tried replying to polity say not interested and have got nasty replies, guys begging for a chance, guys disregarding what I said. I could go on. I just have the time or desire to have to deal with all that and shouldn't be made feel I should always reply.

I think this has already been discussed i this thread do we really need to go over it again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I do anyway. I always hate it when my messages are ignored. I know i shouldnt take it personally but sometimes its hard not to. I got a pm from a girl a few weeks ago and i knew she just wasnt my type.

I didnt really want to ignore her message either so i replied but after a couple of messages it stopped. I dont know if its better or worse to do that but i reckon if you at least give a reply the fact their getting a response from someone might encourage them to keep trying and they might find someone that suits them eventually.

Of course some people will say its just better to not respond at all if your not interested.

my friend gf once said if you cant see your self naked with the woman then dont bother with her :D

I d0ont mean to bring sex into the equastion but if you dont find some attractive for what ever reason... well its not really that good is it i feel guilty either way : /

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

...I do anyway...

I mentioned my thoughts elsewhere on the thread already; you have to live according to your own standards. If you are polite and mannerly IRL, why is it important your online persona be different? If she becomes a psycho hose beast after you've tried to be civil without leading her on, you can do no more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

my friend gf once said if you cant see your self naked with the woman then dont bother with her :D

I d0ont mean to bring sex into the equastion but if you dont find some attractive for what ever reason... well its not really that good is it i feel guilty either way : /

Yep thats my theory too. :D

I feel guilty... Tho :(

My new rules is no numbers until 2 days before the date ......

I've got a serial texter :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I always text the day of the date to confirm time etc. If I dont get a reply I dont turn up! Learned that lesson the hard way! :mad:

This is worse then that it's like texting none stop :mad:
    she's nice but I dunno my intuition says no :/

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

It has also developed an unusual tendency to recommend people to me who live in other countries.
    Aye, it seems London is less than 50KM away... according to okcupid :pac: An "only Ireland" option would be good.
    Tremelo wrote: »
    I'm starting to think that sharing mobile numbers too soon can be a problem. There's nothing worse than being pestered with texts by someone you barely know... so I've decided to cut that out a bit.
    Not got to that stage yet, but having a "weekend" phone number looks like a good idea. Have known a few people to do so, after having to get rid of their "main" phone number.
    No. I see no reason why I should, tbh. I once did, and they replied with more questions. I thought for a bit, and decided as most of my replies may offend, that there was no reason to reply. A lot of the times the reason why I didn't like someone who PMed me would be as they're... very big. Again, I see no reason to reply, and I do not feel guilty for not replying.

I dislike when my messages are ignored, but at the same time, I'd prefer no contact as opposed to hostile contact.

panda100 wrote: »
    Galvesean and Liah are pretty high up on my list too,the boards sluts, putting their love all over the place. :)

And yet, we don't appear on each other's radars...

I've always maintained the opinion that if you ask someone out on a date you are, in a round about sort of way, indirectly asking them if they would like to have sex with you at some point.

I've always maintained the opinion that if you ask someone out on a date you are, in a round about sort of way, indirectly asking them if they would like to have sex with you at some point.

Dude that's true I whole heartidly agree.....
    But some times they even try to start chat messages ahhhh run away....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

hhmm don't know if I should go back to this, I never find anyone I like on OK and people on POF just want to bed me :confused:

Misticles wrote: »
    just want to bed me :confused:

See my last point :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

See my last point :pac:

alas, I mean just looking for a one off ride! not interested in pursuing anything but hook ups.

Whereas I wanna, date and have copious amounts of sex ha :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement