Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I think im going to cancel my profile. Ive been chatting to a guy on a daily basis for the past month and recently asked him for his name. His response was that it was too early to exchange names yet?? I wasn't asking him for his address or anything I only wanted his first name to address him. He's happy enough to have his picture up on a public website but didn't want to give me his first name after a month of chatting on a daily basis?? I really dont get it. At what stage do people exchange names or do ye at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Odd question I know but does any one ever feel guilty about not replying ?

I always reply as I think it is rude not to however I'm a guy so I don't get the "wanna shag" type messages (phew!!!) but I could understand why a girl would not reply to something like that.
    Misticles wrote: »
    hhmm don't know if I should go back to this, I never find anyone I like on OK and people on POF just want to bed me :confused:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

totallyme wrote: »
    I think im going to cancel my profile. Ive been chatting to a guy on a daily basis for the past month and recently asked him for his name. His response was that it was too early to exchange names yet?? I wasn't asking him for his address or anything I only wanted his first name to address him. He's happy enough to have his picture up on a public website but didn't want to give me his first name after a month of chatting on a daily basis?? I really dont get it. At what stage do people exchange names or do ye at all.

In my experience you should give your name (first name that is) in your first message.I always do and I think its just courtesy.Chatting for a month and he wont give you is name should set alarm bells ringings tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

kingtut wrote: »
    I always reply as I think it is rude not to however I'm a guy so I don't get the "wanna shag" type messages (phew!!!) but I could understand why a girl would not reply to something like that.

it goes booth ways man... women dont reply to some men yet other men they will reply.
    I know its perfectly ok not to reply for what ever my reason, Im sure the person nice but there's allso attraction..... if I dont find a woman attrative I aint bothering my arse leading her on.....

Maybe i sound shallow but I know what I like and as bad as I feel for saying that if I deney my most natural of human instinkts im really not being me......

In my experience you should give your name (first name that is) in your first message.I always do and I think its just courtesy.Chatting for a month and he wont give you is name should set alarm bells ringings tbh.

never give my name on the first message just end it with my user name shortened. Formalities can wait a few messages :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

Notice the guys profile i went on a date with and he changed it:

"You either have luck or no luck on this site, i've have real bad luck, & that's because unluckily for me i've come across the worse of the worse, yeah i've met them!!! & please be normal!! Thanks."

How up his own ass is he? Jeez, i would never have bothered with such a prick if i knew he was going to call me crazy, the worse of the worse etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Notice the guys profile i went on a date with and he changed it:

"You either have luck or no luck on this site, i've have real bad luck, & that's because unluckily for me i've come across the worse of the worse, yeah i've met them!!! & please be normal!! Thanks."

How up his own ass is he? Jeez, i would never have bothered with such a prick if i knew he was going to call me crazy, the worse of the worse etc.

Sounds like an idiot...

I mean "worse of the worse" makes no sense :pac::pac:

bluewolf wrote: »
    Sounds like an idiot...

I mean "worse of the worse" makes no sense :pac::pac:

could it not be considered a double negitive :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

could it not be considered a double negitive :pac:

exactly, its not just negative, a double negative. at least i found out he was a freak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

it goes booth ways man... women dont reply to some men yet other men they will reply.
    I know its perfectly ok not to reply for what ever my reason, Im sure the person nice but there's allso attraction..... if I dont find a woman attrative I aint bothering my arse leading her on.....

Maybe i sound shallow but I know what I like and as bad as I feel for saying that if I deney my most natural of human instinkts im really not being me......
    Exactly! Hate this idea that i'm coming off as shallow because looks are important,like i would have no interest in a guy thats gorgeous but with the personality of a plank.its not 'shallow' like a bad thing,it's natural. Went out with 3guys but didnt fancy them at all compared to their pictures.hence why im giving up on it.

• Advertisement

exactly, its not just negative, a double negative. at least i found out he was a freak.

tell us what happened :).....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Exactly! Hate this idea that i'm coming off as shallow because looks are important,like i would have no interest in a guy thats gorgeous but with the personality of a plank.its not 'shallow' like a bad thing,it's natural. Went out with 3guys but didnt fancy them at all compared to their pictures.hence why im giving up on it.

I don't think its shallow to want a bit of physical attraction in a date. I think people should put up at least three pics of themselves so you can get a fair idea of what they look like.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The feeling of accomplishment when a 'replies very selectively' person responds to you on OKcupid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Galvasean wrote: »
    The feeling of accomplishment when a 'replies very selectively' person responds to you on OKcupid :)

It may depend on the reply, if it was a dreaded "sorry I'm not interested" you need to hold off that feeling a bit longer.

It may depend on the reply, if it was a dreaded "sorry I'm not interested" you need to hold off that feeling a bit longer.

It was a good one. Now I await the sequel...

It was a god one. Now I await the sequel...

YAY!!

In other news, I gots no mails today :(

In other news, I gots no mails today :(

Weird how women are surprised when they get no mail in a day but guys are surprised when they do! :pac:

Weird how women are surprised when they get no mail in a day but guys are surprised when they do! :pac:

I think I get away with a lot, because I explicitly state on my profile that I'm not up for casual, no strings, how's yer father, type stuff. I've also set my preferences to exclude anyone looking for intimate encounters :D so I only get random "show us yer tits" IM's when I'm showing as online on the site.

Oh and in case anyone was wondering... the Disney angle works. IT WORKS!! :D

Date! :)

*pelvic thrusts*

*falls off chair*

*cancels date due to serious injury*

• Advertisement

Date! :)

*pelvic thrusts*

*falls off chair*

*cancels date due to serious injury*

you do realise you have now jinxed yourself :rolleyes:

Well done on the date!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

so I only get random "show us yer tits" IM's when I'm showing as online on the site.

I was only being friendly :pac:

I was only being friendly :pac:

yeah yeah, that's what they all say!!

I'm still not showing them though :P

Just got a mail from another seriously hot / cool chick.... This one likes dinosaurs.
    What is this, national love Galvasean day?

Wait a second.... Good looking girl... dinosaurs...

m_its_a_trap.jpg&sa=X&ei=MWSzTZPvFcqYhQf0w6zkDw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNEr81Pw2wkGuIvgjNVE_n8mOjsORQ

Galvasean glad you're having a good night, I just sent another mail there, personalised it towards his profile and asked questions based on what he said he was interested in...saw the guy going to my profile, but he didn't respond.

Bold boy!
    :rolleyes:

Your mistake was not talking about dinosaurs.

Boys love dinosaurs :)

Your mistake was not talking about dinosaurs.

Boys love dinosaurs :)

well his profile was more artsy based, so I went with that angle first.
    Dinosaurs would have come up in the second email!!

It's a known fact that everyone loves dinosaurs. I guess some dont put it in their profiles as it should go without saying.

It's a known fact that everyone loves dinosaurs. I guess some dont put it in their profiles as it should go without saying.

Point taken, next email I send I'll end with...

My favorite dinosaur is the Camarasaurus, what's yours?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Been on okcupid for years lol, I occasionally log in and check it out. That's about it really. I check some women's profiles but am too much of a wus to message em as they may think I'm a creep. Glad to see you're getting attention Galvasean :) The key is dinosaurs it seems! :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement