Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

MudSkipper wrote: »
    <-- dumbass

txt'd the wrong bloody number!!

There's hope for me yet :pac:

once it wasn't to an ex, or to the wrong one of 2 women that you are chatting to or that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

nah, one of the digits was off, so it went to a randomer :pac:

/note to self, triple check no's when adding them on a touchscreen phone :o

ah you're sorted then.... randomers don't count!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Any more dates lined up?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

the one who cut contact replied, met someone. ah well.

• Advertisement

zuroph wrote: »
    the one who cut contact replied, met someone. ah well.

I've still got nothing my side :P :o

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

I seem to have got myself one of them boyfriend things:D

Dated 3 times and wasn't mad keen on him despite not being able to put my finger on anything specific. Went out to see him the 4th time with full intention of putting a stop to things, and I don't know did that make me relax the overthinking or what, but I ended up having a great night and couldn't wait to see him again! A few further dates and its official. Course it may go nowhere but I'm very glad I gave it a bit of time rather than judging too quickly...it really took us those first few dates to relax and be ourselves and he's turned out quite different to my initial impression of him.

Semele wrote: »

Dated 3 times and wasn't mad keen on him despite not being able to put my finger on anything specific. Went out to see him the 4th time with full intention of putting a stop to things, and I don't know did that make me relax the overthinking or what, but I ended up having a great night and couldn't wait to see him again! A few further dates and its official. Course it may go nowhere but I'm very glad I gave it a bit of time rather than judging too quickly...it really took us those first few dates to relax and be ourselves and he's turned out quite different to my initial impression of him.

Lucky you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Aw thats great, stories like that keep me optimistic!

Date tonight, nervousness starting to take hold :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Brilliant! :)
    hollypink wrote: »
    Date tonight, nervousness starting to take hold :(

Good luck. Ah, a bit of nervous is a good thing. Gets the adrenaline going! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Larianne wrote: »
    Good luck. Ah, a bit of nervous is a good thing. Gets the adrenaline going! :)

As long as the fight or flee instinct doesn't kick in. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

Mr Guest wrote: »
    My take on internet dating......... for a start manners are almost completely out the window. You do have to have a thick skin and it seems like those taking it seriously get knocked about a fair bit. Personally I've had a fair bit of success but that was through basically acting the maggot and not being serious at all. I'd scroll through the profiles and pick out the prettiest girl in the bunch, send her a message where I gently(and I mean gently) rip her out of it and presto! It works, everytime. I think guys who mail women and are being all serious and asking about common interests and trying to suck up to them, are going nowhere. Im not saying you should act like an a s s h o l e, but at the same time you cant be nicey nice, there has to be an edge. You gotta look at it from the womens perspective. On any internet dating site the men out number the women 3:1, so women get way more messages and attention than the guys do. If you're a pretty girl just imagine how many messages per day you get, and then imagine how many of those messages are identical. The same thing over and over, some guy telling them you're beautiful, you have a nice smile, nice eyes or whatever. You'd get sick of it, you'd get bored of every guy trying to win you over by sucking up to you. So You gotta not do what every other guy does. It has nothing to do with looks or money, its all about valuing yourself to the point that you dont try to suck up to anybody.
    Like I said those take internet dating serious end up frustrated, its not a genuine environment(for the most part). But if you dont take it seriously and play around a little it can be good fun.

To be honest...anyone should just be themself. No point being a fake person. Women see through that very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Another dateless weekend:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

At least its a Bank Holiday weekend Newbee,surely that helps ease the pain!

Not when that pain involves the hangover from hell!!:o :(

And here was me feeling sorry for you cos you dont have a date this weekend.If its self inflicted then Im afraid my sympathies dont stretch that far.

Unless Im feeling sorry for myself that is.
    :pac:

I was......drowning my sorrows?!

newbee22 wrote: »
    I was......drowning my sorrows?!

l_009caea7356a4738a99e10a10c9613ac.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

girl from dublinland messaged to say she was hesitant because of the distance thing, if we did meet up and did hit it off, she doesn't really like the idea of LDR.
    I messaged back to say I was disappointed, and I know lads who have girlfriends living in Dublinland so anythings possible, and asked if she still wanted to meet tomorrow.
    She does...now what?!!

Then you meet her,sweep her off her feet and ride off into the sunset.

Sheesh P,dont you know anything?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Shes not an effing horse Otis!!:D:pac:
    But yeah, I want to meet, but if shes hesitant, then I'm confustybacated

I can see her point tbh.LDR's are only really feasible if the people involved were together already and one had to move away.Starting something with a hefty distance between myself and the other party wouldnt be for me.

probably a dumb question Panthro, but what is tying you to Galway? If you do hit it off is moving to the Evil East from the Wonderful West an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Dublin and Galway arent that far apart, its about 2 hours drive isnt it? If it was me I think I'd have to meet up anyway in case I missed out on something great. But I can see how only meeting up on weekends and having to travel to see each other might be a bit of a pain.

Had a nice date last night but the chemistry wasnt there (on my part anyway). Ah well...

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

Fair dues to everyone going places with online dating. I don't think I have the liathroidi for it yet though :s

I also tend to know people for a while before I actually fancy them. How would that work out on internet dating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

ICANN wrote: »
    Fair dues to everyone going places with online dating. I don't think I have the liathroidi for it yet though :s

I also tend to know people for a while before I actually fancy them. How would that work out on internet dating?

I can be a slow burner too ;) But i think you should still give it a shot. You can chat away to someone for awhile, meet them for a few dates and see. I was dating a guy for a few weeks before i could say, yup i fancy him! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Congratulations, glad to hear the patience paid off.

Bad news though, you're now banned from this forum as you're no longer single :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

ICANN wrote: »

There's no issue with that IMO. Just let the person know that you like to go on a few dates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

Good luck to everyone with the hot dates lined up for tonight. I'm out on the rip tonight and it would ease my hangover tomorrow to read lots of success stories here. So for my sake if not your own, go forth and conquer!:D

• Advertisement

There might be lots of potential people online tonight for us staying in! *I can live in hope!* Enjoy yer dates people:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement