Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

gatecrash wrote: »
    the fact that both of you are planning a meet up again, says lots to me.... oh and that beats the **** out of any LDR I've ever had... I crossed county lines in my car, never international boundries in a jet!!

I'll meet her halfway... on a dodgy rubber dingy in the middle of the sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

That_Guy wrote: »

Think that might depend on your start point!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

andreac wrote: »
    So what other sites are ok? Im on POF and think im going to give up on that one now, lol.
    Dont want to go onto the paying ones as funds are low enough as it is:o

Connecting Singles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭inexperienced

I understand where you are coming from. I won't call it racism, no worries.

I guess, afterall, inter-racial marriage is a little bit more complicated that same race and need a bit of openness and courage to appreciate the challenge in it.

BTW, I am not especially looking for white guys though. If I meet a man of my race that attract sme, I would not say no. ;) Just it happens that I am at my age that I want a stable relationship and that I am in Ireland where white guys out numbers others.

Well, yea yea, Irish guys are cute alright. :D

This will probably sound racist, and i don't mean it to, but as an average white irish guy who gets a mail from a non national who wants a long term relationship, immediately alarm bells start going off in my head, saying either this is a spammer who will offer me half a deceased Nigerian prince's fortune for letting some money rest in my account, or likes the European Union citizen bit that would eventually come with marriage.

Maybe it is racism, but if i see that (looking for long term relationship) in a non national profile i tend to steer clear.

(awaits inevitable flaming, and wonders if it would have been better to post anonymously!! :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Balobas87

Panthro wrote: »

I'm after sending an opening message to a girl which contained the sentence "I like the cut of your jib!"..
    I'm an awful wanker!

Ha ha id find that funny, i would defo react to that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Nice to see some people are doing well! My online dating exploits are over for now, I'm giving up after 3 dates with 2 girls.

Girl 1 was a nice girl that i wasn't attracted to at all so that didn't go any further. Plus i did snot all over myself infront of her.

Girl 2 i was very attracted to, we had two dates and then she basically stopped texting me. I wasn't too disappointed as although she was very hot the conversation between us never really flowed, And when i was talking about a scene from family guy she was nodding her head and looking at me like i was explaining string theory and she didn't laugh at the end.
    Thats pretty much how i knew we weren't gonna be getting married any time soon.

Anyway it was kinda fun, i might go back to it in the future but for now i'll be heading back to the bars! Good luck to everyone else :)

EDIT: Never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

My sis is back on POF, wishing she didn't. Today she sent an angry email to POF inquiring how/why they allow men to use pictures of willies as profilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Galvasean wrote: »
    My sis is back on POF, wishing she didn't. Today she sent an angry email to POF inquiring how/why they allow men to use pictures of willies as profilers.

They do? Hmmm i might be back sooner than expected.......

My sis is back on POF,

Hellooooooo. ;)

• Advertisement

Hellooooooo. ;)

Sadly, she's not as pretty as me ;)
    no one is

Having a decent conversation with a girl at the moment.

She said that I and some other bloke are the only two decent guys on the site out of the HUNDREDS (yes, it was in capitals) messages she gets.

:/

Sadly, she's not as pretty as me ;)
    no one is

I imagine you with an epic rack.

Sold. Let us meet this fine specimen.

because i'm in a good and helpful mood... and i got into work a little bit early today

here's where you'll need to be!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

But that's just my face, it's not my fault I'm a díckhead :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 bebostalker

Smoking hot chick sent me pm there with load of pics of her and the message "You're Cute :)". i remember seeing her profile before but her photos now on private because i assume she had too many mails coming her way.

Got chatting to her on the IM last night and seems pretty cool, is this too good to be true?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

What makes you say that?

A common trend Ive seen in this thread over the last year is people getting them selves into a bit of a knot wondering if whomever they are chatting to is genuine.

Its quite possible the other person is thinking the exact same thing.

Stop with the over analysis,play it by ear and see what happens!

because i'm in a good and helpful mood... and i got into work a little bit early today

here's where you'll need to be!! :)

Too much time man... Unless of course you work for the ordnance survey office. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

But that's just my face, it's not my fault I'm a díckhead :pac:

:D I was just about to say the same thing about the poor souls.

Gatecrash, nice to hear you are dating, but just to let you know there is an exit-fee to leave singledom. Otis may have forgotten to mention it :p Cheques to be made out to the rest of us singles still trying internet dating :pac:

We only accept cash actually.

>.>

<.<

>.>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

gahhh, my date has been postponed till next week :( that's what i get for doing the happy dance :p and telling you lot about it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

MudSkipper wrote: »
    gahhh, my date has been postponed till next week :( that's what i get for doing the happy dance :p and telling you lot about it :pac:

OOH premature celebrations eh? Done that! :D

Premature what now?:eek: :pac:

Premature what now?:eek: :pac:

Is it bad that i had to re-read that a couple of times too?? :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Someone new appeared in KK, I IM'd, window closed straight away (she previously found me "smoochable"). I'll keep ye posted on high-tempo online dating scene in Kilkenny.

Untitled-1.jpg?1288903617

That is the first bit of activity in three weeks from me.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Someone new appeared in KK, I IM'd, window closed straight away (she previously found me "smoochable"). I'll keep ye posted on high-tempo online dating scene in Kilkenny.

awh no. kk must be fairly difficult, it's bloomin small! branch out to tipp and waterford at least though, no?

Untitled-1.jpg?1288903617

To be honest, half the problem there is Smooch. that's an awful website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 bebostalker

What makes you say that?

A common trend Ive seen in this thread over the last year is people getting them selves into a bit of a knot wondering if whomever they are chatting to is genuine.

Its quite possible the other person is thinking the exact same thing.

Stop with the over analysis,play it by ear and see what happens!

I just find with a few hot girls you've been mailing when you log on to the IM chat they're not even too sure which guy you are so its hard to know if interest genuine! she sent me two messages and then didnt wb to my last one which is why I IMed her. she said i was cute a couple of times so ill chat her again next time we're both online and see what happens.

funny sometimes if i see a new user with thin/atheltic as description and they have decent "about me" section typed up ill take a chance and mail them thinking they might not get as much mail so will see mine, got chatting to a girl that was last night she said she got 20 mails in first 10mins with no pic :eek: said she IM'd me cause mine was only one not copy & paste job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Balobas87

Think i wanna join and get in on this craic....for the fun of it, think ill go with POF and set up a profile tonite, hopefully Ill get some messages, I actually dont know where to start with a profile :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

an IRL date Thursday night :D then a possible POF date at weekend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement