Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Ok, profiles have been closed but its for good reason this time. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Dord wrote: »

Excellent!!

or is the good reason that you are emigrating?? :p

gatecrash wrote: »

Excellent!!

or is the good reason that you are emigrating?? :p

Haha, nah not emigrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

All the dates i have been on so far have involved meeting at a pub at about 7 on a Saturday, and have mostly ended in some form of late bar. The date with disappearing on third date guy ended with us sitting on a kerb chatting after the late bar closed! This combined with the fact that i am a bit of a light weight means i do end up tipsy.
    Although i think i am a fairly easy goin steal your chips kind of drunk.

Might try go teetotal for this one tomo cos the few drinks is effecting my ability to decide if i actually really like the guy or not.

All the dates i have been on so far have involved meeting at a pub at about 7 on a Saturday, and have mostly ended in some form of late bar. The date with disappearing on third date guy ended with us sitting on a kerb chatting after the late bar closed! This combined with the fact that i am a bit of a light weight means i do end up tipsy.
    Although i think i am a fairly easy goin steal your chips kind of drunk.

Might try go teetotal for this one tomo cos the few drinks is effecting my ability to decide if i actually really like the guy or not.

Go to somewhere with no alcohol on a first date. Its much better imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Yeah either that or I could go home at a reasonable hour like a normal person :D

Yeah either that or I could go home at a reasonable hour like a normal person :D

Well, that too. Accents coffee shop or the tea gardens are good choices... if you're in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Normal is boring!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

Maguined wrote: »
    Normal is boring!
    Yes! Let's all get drunk and argue about what Einstein's brain tastes like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

sharper wrote: »

Ooh, sounds like someone I met on OKC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Even in my drunkest state I have never wondered what Einsteins brain tastes like! :eek::eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Chicken?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

zuroph wrote: »
    Its date night! i'm bricking it.

:D went very well!! there'll be a second I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

:D went very well!! there'll be a second I think

We need more details than that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

beers, lots of chat, and a bit of kissing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Ah the ol get em drunk and pounce eh.Its served me in good stead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Ah the ol get em drunk and pounce eh.Its served me in good stead.

+1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Larianne wrote: »
    Do you want someone to have a look at your profile? PM me and I'll be honest if you'd like?

I think that really means, PM me your profile and I'll see if I'll go for you myself :pac:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Females.... Any chance you can look at my profile and tell me if it's alright.

I changed it a little while ago and I think I may come across as a dick head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

pm me your username and I can check it for ya!

newbee22 wrote: »
    pm me your username and I can check it for ya!

PM sent. Much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭ruthiepie

Ok thinking of going onto POF, went on it a couple of months ago and just couldn't warm to it so what I'm wondering, is POF the way to go or is there any other sites that people would recommend??

The other thing is on POF an ex of mine is on it and I think that's what got to me most of all, I know you can block people when they have contacted you but is there any other way to block them??? I think I could relax then and try and enjoy internet dating if I know he couldn't see me!!! :D (The last time he kept coming up in my matches and surprisingly enough that kind of put me off POF!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭ruthiepie

That_Guy wrote: »
    PM sent. Much appreciated.

If you need another opinion, let me know! Heck you might give me idea's for my own profile!!!

ruthiepie wrote: »
    If you need another opinion, let me know! Heck you might give me idea's for my own profile!!!

PM sent. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Question for the fellas- Were you long on POF or OKC before you got a date?? I've been on POF for about 3 months now and have had a few conversations with girls that have led to nothing. Not that im complaining, just wondering how long it took to get a date.

And a question for the gals-im also a fella that could appreciate ye having a look at my profile and giving advice. Please and thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I think that really means, PM me your profile and I'll see if I'll go for you myself :pac:

Shíííít. Forgot to look at this yesterday. OOps.

Oh defo. I wanna bagsy him first! :pac: Nah, I've taken a break from it all. But I'm happy to advise.
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Females.... Any chance you can look at my profile and tell me if it's alright.

I changed it a little while ago and I think I may come across as a dick head.

I would but I know you too well. I know your humour. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

den87 wrote: »
    Question for the fellas- Were you long on POF or OKC before you got a date?? I've been on POF for about 3 months now and have had a few conversations with girls that have led to nothing. Not that im complaining, just wondering how long it took to get a date.

And a question for the gals-im also a fella that could appreciate ye having a look at my profile and giving advice. Please and thanks.

Im in the same boat, ive kept my profile short and sweet but doesnt seem to have worked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

den87 wrote: »

I'll have a gawk if you want. Though I'm still very new to all of this. :o

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Hi .I am single and don't want to be .I'm not going joining a dating site though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement