Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

eternal wrote: »
    Hi .I am single and don't want to be .I'm not going joining a dating site though.

Dont post on this thread then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Hi .I am single and don't want to be .I'm not going joining a dating site though.

You've come to the right place.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tink2

Decided I'm ready to start dating again and joined PoF - got 9 messages 30 seconds after I signed up?!! No good ones though! I think this is more like an adminstration exercise :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

tink2 wrote: »
    Decided I'm ready to start dating again and joined PoF - got 9 messages 30 seconds after I signed up?!! No good ones though! I think this is more like an adminstration exercise :eek:

FRESH MEAT!!!!!!!! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

That_Guy wrote: »

You've come to the right place.
    Are you offering to take me out ?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

any dates? How did this weekends ones go?

Also any late teen/early 20's girls from galway here, hit me up :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Dovies wrote: »
    Even in my drunkest state I have never wondered what Einsteins brain tastes like! :eek::eek::D

It's all relative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

tink2 wrote: »

im beginning to wonder is that site a waste of time, all the guys on there want a **** buddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

booboo88 wrote: »
    im beginning to wonder is that site a waste of time, all the guys on there want a **** buddy.

I could say the same about the girls on POF. It's amazing how many of them have "Looking to date but nothing serious" which translates in my mind to "I just want some casual thing but I will probably f*** off as soon as someone better comes along".

Not really for me. Although my online dating embargo seems to be going well so far and I'm sort of enjoying the break from it.

G-Money wrote: »
    I could say the same about the girls on POF. It's amazing how many of them have "Looking to date but nothing serious" which translates in my mind to "I just want some casual thing but I will probably f*** off as soon as someone better comes along".

Not really for me. Although my online dating embargo seems to be going well so far and I'm sort of enjoying the break from it.

Ive heard the same from other guys, but when they ask me am i looking for fun.....its just so bloody frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

Possibly the most forward, outgoing and willing to meet guys do. It's easy to say "Hey you, whoever you are, let's go out this weekend!" when all that's on the agenda is sex. People looking for relationships are likely to be a bit more cautious and reserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

sharper wrote: »
    Possibly the most forward, outgoing and willing to meet guys do. It's easy to say "Hey you, whoever you are, let's go out this weekend!" when all that's on the agenda is sex. People looking for relationships are likely to be a bit more cautious and reserved.

You can't predict as easily as that. I know that I have often asked relatively early in messaging about a meet up. I do that primarily because I have no interest in pen-pal type thing as I made that mistake when I started online dating. Plus I have read girls on here saying similar things and so I try to get an actual face to face conversation over coffee. It's the only way really for me to judge if I actually like somebody. So willing to meet does not necessarily equal just looking for a shag.

Also on the whole "wants to date but nothing serious" topic, a lot of this comes down to personal interpretation. I know from the last time we talked about this here, plenty just read it as meaning "I want to date and if a relationship happens, brilliant." So much of online dating comes down to semantics and interpretation. You are effectively judging a person on how well they can present themselves in a small snapshot. So misunderstandings are everywhere.

Also, obviously all the guys on dating sites are not all just looking for a f-buddy.

You can't predict as easily as that.

It's not a prediction for the motives of someone that's forward/confident online. It's to do with why someone would have the impression guys would be only after sex on online sites.

Look at the disconnect between women complaining guys are only after sex and guys (that aren't looking for sex) complaining they can't get any responses/interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

parker kent is showing as a 94% match, and mags is showing as a 91% match for me! but people were saying that these figures seemed to be completely made up?

Id be willing to meet up with someone nice.in in my thirties living in Cork.

I think you may have the wrong idea of what this thread is about. It's so that people on dating sites / considering using dating sites can talk about their experiences with them, and ask questions etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

parker kent is showing as a 94% match, and mags is showing as a 91% match for me! but people were saying that these figures seemed to be completely made up?
    A lot of my friends were showing up as more likely to be enemies.

Also, obviously all the guys on dating sites are not all just looking for a f-buddy.
    Just the ones messaging me :(

I think you may have the wrong idea of what this thread is about. It's so that people on dating sites / considering using dating sites can talk about their experiences with them, and ask questions etc.
    Im far from being that stupid ,but cheers! Im just chancing my arm.Had bad time with online dating and I know doing this is a bit sad but I said Id try it.Cutting to the chase ,as it were.

Im far from being that stupid ,but cheers! Im just chancing my arm.Had bad time with online dating and I know doing this is a bit sad but I said Id try it.Cutting to the chase ,as it were.

you might want to refrain from calling it sad, as just about everyone that posts in here is doing it.

• Advertisement

Read my message.I said IM SAD not you.why you trying to pick a fight with me? Some people can be uptight.read before you attack

Read my message.I said IM SAD not you.why you trying to pick a fight with me? Some people can be uptight.read before you attack

I did read it, you said 'I know doing this is a bit sad...'. I'm not trying to pick a fight with you at all.

On okc? A lot (but not all) depends on the match answers. It's a lot handier since they allowed questions to be answered publicly. If you click the "Two of us"/"y'all got issues" tab you see which answers make you compatible or incompatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

no sh1t sherlock.

Chill out, stupy was just trying to help you.

Veles wrote: »
    So which dating site in all your collective experiences is the best?

okcupid is quite good, pof can be a f*ck buddy fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Veles wrote: »
    So which dating site in all your collective experiences is the best?

Connecting Singles ive found to be quite good.

A lot of my friends were showing up as more likely to be enemies.

what % am I showing at?
    sharper wrote: »
    On okc? A lot (but not all) depends on the match answers. It's a lot handier since they allowed questions to be answered publicly. If you click the "Two of us"/"y'all got issues" tab you see which answers make you compatible or incompatible.

yeah on okc. must have a look at the answers we were the same on.
    okcupid is quite good, pof can be a f*ck buddy fest.

that's the impression I have too. for some reason I feel OKC is a bit more normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Eternal,this thread and this forum is not here to act as a way for you or anyone to try and pick up women,remember that in future please.

• Advertisement

Eternal,this thread and this forum is not here to act as a way for you or anyone to try and pick up women,remember that in future please.

come here often? ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement