Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭LaurzH27

Hey guys!I exchanged numbers with a guy (met on web) we were getting along well. Alot of texting back and forth. He asked me on a date to a gig not on til later on in the month. Then all of a sudden he stops replying!!! Confused now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

LaurzH27 wrote: »
    Hey guys! Some exchanged numbers with a guy (met on web) we were getting along well. Alot of texting back and forth. He asked me on a date to a gig not on til later on in the month. Then all of a sudden he stops replying!!! Confused now

how long ago did he stop replying?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭LaurzH27

booboo88 wrote: »
    Hey guys! Some exchanged numbers with a guy (met on web) we were getting along well. Alot of texting back and forth. He asked me on a date to a gig not on til later on in the month. Then all of a sudden he stops replying!!! Confused now

how long ago did he stop replying?
    Guess the last time we texted was last tue. We used to text everyday/every second day

Guess the last time we texted was last tue. We used to text everyday/every second day

his free text might be up? why not just ask him straight?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

you asked people to go on a date, anyone, based on the knowledge that a) you dont like online dating, and b) you are ultra defensive.
    Far from a cliquey bunch on here, but people were pointing out that thats not what this thread is about, and with that little info from you about yourself, why would anyone decide to date you? Just as a blank profile on a dating site is insulting, so is what you did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Flaker

Hi guys - been following this thread for a while and it actually gave me the push to join POF! Firstly can I say it's crap not living in Dublin - there seem to be lots of hot guys on the site down there! Anyway, been on 2 months I suppose and have gotten lots of messages from ice guys but I just I wasn't interested in them. Finally I got a mail from a very hot and very nice guy and after a number of messages, he asked if I wanted to meet. I said yes and he asked for my phone number (I don't have his) so we could arrange things which I duly gave. But the thing is that was about a week ago and not a peep since! I've been doing a little bit of stalking on the site and I know he seems to be on it regularly. Do you think he is there seeing if he can find somone "better"? I am going to message him a day or 2 to see what the score is but would value your opinions first. By the way, we are both in 30s so not kids but he has put some "top off" photos as he is quite ripped - do only player types do this? Sorry this message is so long.....

Sorry for double post...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Flaker wrote: »
    Hi guys - been following this thread for a while and it actually gave me the push to join POF! Firstly can I say it's crap not living in Dublin - there seem to be lots of hot guys on the site down there! Anyway, been on 2 months I suppose and have gotten lots of messages from ice guys but I just I wasn't interested in them. Finally I got a mail from a very hot and very nice guy and after a number of messages, he asked if I wanted to meet. I said yes and he asked for my phone number (I don't have his) so we could arrange things which I duly gave. But the thing is that was about a week ago and not a peep since! I've been doing a little bit of stalking on the site and I know he seems to be on it regularly. Do you think he is there seeing if he can find somone "better"? I am going to message him a day or 2 to see what the score is but would value your opinions first. By the way, we are both in 30s so not kids but he has put some "top off" photos as he is quite ripped - do only player types do this? Sorry this message is so long.....

Have to admit if he is still logging on the site and hasnt contacted you then i think you are as well to move on. He sounds like a player IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Decided to give pof another go. Hoping my move to Dublin in 2 months might see my strike rate improve. Just trying to fine tune my profile atm

Ah bummer. But thanks Galwayguy35, you are probably right...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Ah bummer. But thanks Galwayguy35, you are probably right...

Everyone on here probably has had an experience of being messed about. It aint nice but the way i look at it is you are better to find out who is a player at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

But the thing is that was about a week ago and not a peep since!

Are you sure he got your number correctly? He could have put it in wrong and be wondering why you haven't answered him.

zuroph wrote: »
    you asked people to go on a date, anyone, based on the knowledge that a) you dont like online dating, and b) you are ultra defensive.
    Far from a cliquey bunch on here, but people were pointing out that thats not what this thread is about, and with that little info from you about yourself, why would anyone decide to date you? Just as a blank profile on a dating site is insulting, so is what you did.
    who was the message directed at?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Sorry for double post...

When you click the edit button, you've an option to delete so you can remove the double post.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

booboo88 wrote: »
    who was the message directed at?

Eternal posted and Zuroph answered him which is above,Eternal then deleted his post.

Mods can still see deleted posts.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Back to the matter in hand - how did our weekend daters get on?? :)

Eternal posted and Zuroph answered him which is above,Eternal then deleted his post.

Mods can still see deleted posts.
    ;)

ahhhhhhh....felt a bit thick for a min.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 newbie_cat

Just a query for opinions - as I said I'm very new to the online dating thing. Chatting with 2 guys at the moment, both seem very nice and both have suggested meeting up. I've never multi-dated before and find even the thoughts of meeting both confusing. But obviously if I don't meet them I won't know which one I get on with! Is it accepted that people are messaging more than one person at the same time? Or even meeting more than one at the same time? I feel like I'm being unfair to both (even though they are probably doing the same thing!!!)

newbie_cat wrote: »
    Just a query for opinions - as I said I'm very new to the online dating thing. Chatting with 2 guys at the moment, both seem very nice and both have suggested meeting up. I've never multi-dated before and find even the thoughts of meeting both confusing.

Hey
    You are meeting them not dating them so multiple meets are fine. IMO
    You might not like either of them when you meet but dont limit yourself.

Yeah that's what I was thinking - I may not get on with either of them anyway! It just seems to be one of the confusing things of online dating - in real-life I'd usually only be texting one guy at a time!!

Thanks!

• Advertisement

Yeah that's what I was thinking - I may not get on with either of them anyway! It just seems to be one of the confusing things of online dating - in real-life I'd usually only be texting one guy at a time!!

Thanks!

Oh believe me - real life dating and online are WORLDS apart! :D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I never understood why some people consider it to be seperate from "real life," a dating website is just another medium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

meeting 2 (or 3) people for the first time around the same time is totally acceptable. Even a second date with multiple people is fine... if it goes to Date 3 though, it's time to make a call.

it's not fair on anyone, you or them, to string people along over a few dates like that. I reckon by 2 dates you should know if its gonna go somewhere

I never understood why some people consider it to be seperate from "real life," a dating website is just another medium.

Yeah but online you can get messages from a number of new people every day whereas I would never give my phone number to ten guys in one night!

Or in real-life three guys won't come up and start talking to you if you're deep in conversation with another guy. Whereas online no-one knows who anyone is talking to.

So while I agree it's just another medium for meeting people I'm definitely finding it a whole different experience.

I feel like I'm being unfair to both (even though they are probably doing the same thing!!!)
    Messaging/dating more than one person at a time is perfectly fine so long as you're not messing anyone around or denying it if asked. The guys involved may have their own expectations/attitudes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Veles wrote: »
    So which dating site in all your collective experiences is the best?

Badoo

sharper wrote: »
    Are you sure he got your number correctly? He could have put it in wrong and be wondering why you haven't answered him.

Yeah I thought of that and double checked the message I sent him - the number is correct alright. I'm now thinking maybe I shouldn't bother contacting him again at all (though I am interested to see if he would come up with an excuse or what) and just leave it. I'm not sure I would even go on a date with him now after leaving it so long to contact me again. It's just that thee seem to be very few decent guys my age in my area.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Is it accepted that people are messaging more than one person at the same time? Or even meeting more than one at the same time?

Yes of course. Everyboody is a free agent. You're going out with neither.

Yeah I thought of that and double checked the message I sent him - the number is correct alright.
    Doesn't mean he typed it into his phone correctly though!

I'd say just send him a final message asking what's up. If he ignores it or gives a lame answer then you've given him every chance and you can draw a line under it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

eternal wrote: »
    Are you offering to take me out ?!

Cork is a pretty long way away for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement