Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Dovies wrote: »
    Try a profile review. You can do it on POF or Im sure someone here will take a look and give you an honest opinion. Can't hurt. Are you contacting people though or are you waiting for them to contact you?

Ill try a profile review, how do i go about that?
    Ive been messaging on Okcupid havent been to proactive on PoF though

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Well, went from having no luck at all on POF to getting numbers off two different girls. Not a bad week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

VinLieger wrote: »
    Ill try a profile review, how do i go about that?
    Ive been messaging on Okcupid havent been to proactive on PoF though

If you go to the forums (top right of the POF screen) there is a section for profile review there

Sorry for the double post but....
    those regulars on here may remember that I had a date a few weeks ago :eek: and after 2 dates I had said there wouldnt be a third as he simply didnt know what he wanted. Had a few replies on here - men never do, its up to us to tell them, maybe he was telling you what he thought you wanted to hear etc etc. But I just got a sleazy vibe off him.

ANYWAY - he messaged me last night hows it going etc etc. Busy at work etc etc. Then he said he was seeing someone - his exact phrase was - kind of seeing someone at the moment, casual thing really, nothing serious - now heres the sleaze IMO - but it will do me for over Christmas!! :eek:

All I could think was that I had a lucky escape because I would hate for anyone to be saying that about me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

those regulars on here may remember that I had a date a few weeks ago :eek: and after 2 dates I had said there wouldnt be a third as he simply didnt know what he wanted. Had a few replies on here - men never do, its up to us to tell them, maybe he was telling you what he thought you wanted to hear etc etc. But I just got a sleazy vibe off him.

ANYWAY - he messaged me last night hows it going etc etc. Busy at work etc etc. Then he said he was seeing someone - his exact phrase was - kind of seeing someone at the moment, casual thing really, nothing serious - now heres the sleaze IMO - but it will do me for over Christmas!! :eek:

All I could think was that I had a lucky escape because I would hate for anyone to be saying that about me!!!

He sounds like a right twat in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Yikes Dovies you're well shot of him!

Pembily wrote: »
    Yikes Dovies you're well shot of him!

Yep thats what I thought :) (smug grin)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Wow you seriously dodged a bullet there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

A hyperb....

Actually never mind.

Sky King wrote: »
    A hyperb....

Actually never mind.

Lol I was going to say that but thought I would leave it to someone else.

Anyone going to the Dublin POF meet tomorrow night?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Dublin Chick

Samich wrote: »
    Exactly a month since the girl I was texting and getting on great with last text, she hasn't been online since then. Hope she's just blanking me rather than something bad happening to her :o

I on the other hand like to think that something real bad happened.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I on the other hand like to think that something real bad happened.... :D

Nooooooooo, couldn't say a bad word about her at all :) Just surprised she cut contact and hasn't been on boards either. Ive tried texting but no reply.

If it was anyone else I'm pretty sure I'd be cursing her but nope :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Lost Accent

I think I may need some help with my profile. I could use a guy's opinion on it and some feedback, good points, bad points would be really helpful and greatly appreciated!

I think I may need some help with my profile. I could use a guy's opinion on it and some feedback, good points, bad points would be really helpful and greatly appreciated!

I could have a look? May need a 2nd opinion though :D

I've rejoined btw, damn thing is addictive!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Lost Accent

Thanks. I'll send you a pm with a link. Appreciate the feedback!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

Eww. As someone else said, you dodged a bullet there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

What stood out for me is he referred to her as it...what a creep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

eternal,unless you have a decent contribution to add to this thread then dont post in it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

"It will do me for over the Christmas." :eek:

Sorry, Dovies, but the pig-ignorance of that gave me a chuckle.

"It will do me for over the Christmas." :eek:

Sorry, Dovies, but the pig-ignorance of that gave me a chuckle.

Lol I know - me too. Was telling the girls in work and my sister and they thought he was a right sleaze!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

Samich wrote: »
    Nooooooooo, couldn't say a bad word about her at all :) Just surprised she cut contact and hasn't been on boards either. Ive tried texting but no reply.

If it was anyone else I'm pretty sure I'd be cursing her but nope :P

errr, if she;s not been online then maybe she is sick in bed with the flu or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

Hey all!
    I took a wee break from online dating but habits are bringing me back :rolleyes:
    but under no circumstances will i ever try plenty of fish again..for me that site came across as 'plenty of sex' :eek: alot of the guys i had been in contact with or dated were only looking for NSA and were so dishonest about it...
    Anyways, im giving connecting singles a go.. I have hope he's out there somewhere :D

oh and congrats to all those that have had success ;)

liz2 wrote: »
    Hey all!
    Anyways, im giving connecting singles a go.. I have hope he's out there somewhere :D

Think you will find the same thing on CS - all the sites have their share of people just looking for NSA - just got to make sure your 'prat weeder outer' is working! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Jenna69

liz2 wrote: »
    Hey all!
    I took a wee break from online dating but habits are bringing me back :rolleyes:
    but under no circumstances will i ever try plenty of fish again..for me that site came across as 'plenty of sex' :eek: alot of the guys i had been in contact with or dated were only looking for NSA and were so dishonest about it...

A lot of guys have actually admitted to me that they changed what they were looking for from Intimate Encounters to Dating or Hang Out because it limits who they can send messages to so yes i'd say 70% of the guys on POF are only looking for NSA!

MudSkipper wrote: »
    errr, if she;s not been online then maybe she is sick in bed with the flu or something?

Hmm one text in 2 wieeks and. then none in 4. Unfortunate for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭timmy880

I have met 2 girls through online dating sites. The first one I went out with for a year and we ended up living together before we split. The second I have just met for a date but we text every day and are getting one well so we will be meeting again.

Even though I've been fortunate to meet people online it is extremely hard work. I find that there are alot of women in their 30's and 40's who have already been in serious relationships (many with kids) and when they get a message from someone like me in my early 20's then they just ignore you or think you're a perv!! It is a dating website isnt it? We are supposed to try and make the effort particularly being the guy. I got a response back last week "awwww you're just a baby"..... Lovely!

If you send out 10 messages I think you will be very lucky to get 2 responses. The guy to girl ratio is against fellas so be prepared to compete! Try to compliment something on their profile without being sleazy and maybe ask them a (clean) question and of course you have to have a profile pic up, probably 2 or 3 at least.

The reason I went online dating was because I just never had the confidence in bars/clubs to talk and meet new people so I thought I would try something different. It shouldn't be knocked although you will always have the sceptics! People spend more time online nowadays than being out anyway so technically it sort of makes sense! Well it does to me anyway...

Good luck everyone! Would love to hear other peoples experiences. The good and the bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

Think you will find the same thing on CS - all the sites have their share of people just looking for NSA - just got to make sure your 'prat weeder outer' is working! :D

but my prat weeder outer doesn't seem to be working :confused::rolleyes:
    either that, or there really are alot of them on pof. i know they're everywhere but i do believe some sites are better?
    anyhow, ill give this one a shot :cool:

timmy880 wrote: »
    Even though I've been fortunate to meet people online it is extremely hard work. I find that there are alot of women in their 30's and 40's who have already been in serious relationships (many with kids) and when they get a message from someone like me in my early 20's then they just ignore you or think you're a perv!! It is a dating website isnt it? We are supposed to try and make the effort particularly being the guy. I got a response back last week "awwww you're just a baby"..... Lovely!

Sorry Timmy but if you sent me a message you would get no thanks from me too - Im 43. You are supposed to make the effort - as are we - but it doesnt mean we have to be interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

That POF thing is quite the ego booster I must say! Aside from the infuriating "hI hOw r U lol ;)?" messages of course. Anyone feel bad for not replying sometimes? I've been annoying myself lately replying to people I have zero interest in, in an attempt to be polite. I don't bother wb to people who just message "Hi" but for anyone that actually took the time to read the profile as opposed to looking at pics I feel obliged to wb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭bobbles87

So putting my profile up on POF, i think....any volunteers to give it a quick check? please and thanks ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement