Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

BigDuffman wrote: »
    That POF thing is quite the ego booster I must say! Aside from the infuriating "hI hOw r U lol ;)?" messages of course. Anyone feel bad for not replying sometimes? I've been annoying myself lately replying to people I have zero interest in, in an attempt to be polite. I don't bother wb to people who just message "Hi" but for anyone that actually took the time to read the profile as opposed to looking at pics I feel obliged to wb.

I never reply to those messages, why bother? If they cant be bothered to put a bit of effort into contacting you then why would you write back, i certainly dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

bobbles87 wrote: »
    So putting my profile up on POF, i think....any volunteers to give it a quick check? please and thanks ;)

I'll look at it if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

andreac wrote: »
    I never reply to those messages, why bother? If they cant be bothered to put a bit of effort into contacting you then why would you write back, i certainly dont.

Yeah I ignore people like that! But for people that put the effort in a message back seems to be the nice thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Looks like i have a date lined up for tomorrow or over the weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

my date during week went well, and a second one is arranged for early next week :):D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Where else can an early 20's fella go to meet women, apart from out as I don't really like going out.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Samich wrote: »
    Where else can an early 20's fella go to meet women, apart from out as I don't really like going out.

I suggest you read the thread title mate. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

When I lived in Dublin I went speed dating which got me a couple of dates. I think if you're phenomenally cráp like me at chatting up womens, it's good because you're forced into doing it and it'll be all over after three minutes anyway.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Maybe join a tag rugby team or something? Heard they're a great way to meet people! Also apparently lots of people meet their partners in the gym, dunno how though, unless their eyes met at the watercooler...but I still don't understand it...cause I look hideous in the gym!:o

newbee22 wrote: »
    Maybe join a tag rugby team or something? Heard they're a great way to meet people! Also apparently lots of people meet their partners in the gym, dunno how though, unless their eyes met at the watercooler...but I still don't understand it...cause I look hideous in the gym!:o

I think the only way a male can meet a person in the gym is if he's gay :pac: Hardly any women in any gym I've been in, although I haven't been able to go gymming in a year or 2.

Also I play rugby atm so maybe tag would be bordering on obsessive :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

newbee22 wrote: »

I think girls greatly exaggerate how awful they look in the gym. A good looking girl will remain a good looking girl in the gym. She might be wearing tight spandex, sweat pants etc and slightly sweaty, but that just makes her a good looking girl in gym clothes and slightly sweaty. All I know is that I see lots of good looking girls in the gym I go to.

I think girls greatly exaggerate how awful they look in the gym. A good looking girl will remain a good looking girl in the gym. She might be wearing tight spandex, sweat pants etc and slightly sweaty, but that just makes her a good looking girl in gym clothes and slightly sweaty. All I know is that I see lots of good looking girls in the gym I go to.

Them tight spandex pants, any woman could be wearing them, as long as they're not size 50 and I would find them hot :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Just been on POF for the first time in ages...............God its a crap site. Sent messages to some women(chat) and got no replies.......:(:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I look like this -> :o in the gym.

:(

Any dates this week people ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Got back into it recently and am just back from a nice date. Kinda torn though as we were pretty drunk (and still am) towards the end and she pretty much made a fool of herself. She was way more drunk than me so maybe it was a nerves thing. Other than that I had a great time and she's exactly what I'm after.

Hmmmm :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

The Gnome wrote: »
    Got back into it recently and am just back from a nice date. Kinda torn though as we were pretty drunk (and still am) towards the end and she pretty much made a fool of herself. She was way more drunk than me so maybe it was a nerves thing. Other than that I had a great time and she's exactly what I'm after.

Sounds like you're a little conflicted about what you're looking for..?

I reckon see her again, but for a sober date, and see how you get on. I bet she'll wake up today regretting the last drink and hoping it didn't put you off. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 baggypants

ijoined up on POF there on tues and went on a date last night, it went well:) looking at meeting up again next week

The Gnome wrote: »

Ah, defo give her another chance. Nerves and maybe wanting to keep up with you with the drinks caused that.

SOunds good. :) You too, Baggypants!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Am I the only one getting no where on pof?

booboo88 wrote: »

It can take a while to get into the swing of things.. Are you sending many messages?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 baggypants

booboo88 wrote: »

what i did first was i read through as much as this thread as i could and picked up on all the points people have posted from their experiences and they seem to work have a decent picture up and a witty,honest profile and take it from there
    and try and stay away from the obivous answers and questions when messaging i.e ''hi how are you''
    be more engaging and if you get shot down so what dust yourself off and move on
    good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

baggypants wrote: »
    what i did first was i read through as much as this thread as i could and picked up on all the points people have posted from their experiences and they seem to work have a decent picture up and a witty,honest profile and take it from there
    and try and stay away from the obivous answers and questions when messaging i.e ''hi how are you''
    be more engaging and if you get shot down so what dust yourself off and move on
    good luck

Sounds like the perfect attitude to approach Online dating with!!

gatecrash wrote: »
    Sounds like the perfect attitude to approach Online dating with!!

I think it should be put as a disclaimer at the start of this thread!! :)

Looks like I've a date Friday. :rolleyes:

Larianne wrote: »
    Looks like I've a date Friday. :rolleyes:

why the :rolleyes: ? or is it coz you cant wait? :pac:

MudSkipper wrote: »
    why the :rolleyes: ? or is it coz you cant wait? :pac:

Coz I said I wouldn't go back to it.. Damn it.

Larianne wrote: »
    Coz I said I wouldn't go back to it.. Damn it.

once you've gone fishing, you're hooked :P

Hope your date goes well Fri :)

MudSkipper wrote: »
    once you've gone fishing, you're hooked :P

Hope your date goes well Fri :)

I think procrastination and boredom also play a part! :pac:

Cheers. We'll see. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

good luck with the dates people :)

just a question for any non smokers, do you filter your searches by whether or not the person smokes? It's kinda a big deal to me, but I wonder what difference it's making to everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

good luck with the dates people :)

just a question for any non smokers, do you filter your searches by whether or not the person smokes? It's kinda a big deal to me, but I wonder what difference it's making to everything.

Are you a non smoker?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

YFlyer wrote: »
    Are you a non smoker?

yep

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement