Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Had a date yesterday. We were chatting on the phone and through FB and when we met up it seemed to go well. She lives a bit away so i drove up to see her and we went for a meal. All seemed good until on the way back she asked me to send on €100 and could i top up her phone as well as she is broke. WTF talk about a waste of time! :mad:

Wow thats shocking, what a user. Stlll at least she revealed her true colours early on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Had a date yesterday. We were chatting on the phone and through FB and when we met up it seemed to go well. She lives a bit away so i drove up to see her and we went for a meal. All seemed good until on the way back she asked me to send on €100 and could i top up her phone as well as she is broke. WTF talk about a waste of time! :mad:

Seems she thinks your her BF? are you ?
    Are you offically dating? If so then not that strange, People with GF'S would tell you that lol
    money this money that , But yes bit early for demands. But think of the rewards hahaha !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Galwayguy, Massive red flag. Screams user. I'd be hesitant of taking a loan of 100 euro off someone I was with for a year. What a brass neck. Disgusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

argosy2006 wrote: »
    Are you offically dating? If so then not that strange, People with GF'S would tell you that lol
    money this money that , But yes bit early for demands. But think of the rewards hahaha !!!

I'm just a nerd so I might be a naive and all but you appear to have a very odd view of relationships.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

F*****g unbelievable.

If you didn't split the bill I think you should stay in contact and ask for her half of the money back :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

She txted it to me as i was on the way home. Am i her BF? What might have been ended there and then. I said goodbye and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Well, my internet dating career is over before it began! Had a date for tonight, he cancelled on me. Not the best start ... :(

Hey chatterpillar, the same happened to me. was supposed to meet a guy on a Sunday day date, and he texted about 7pm the sat to say something had come up and he'd like to reschedule. A month on, I'm still waiting :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Where are they though? I would love to find them..

Seconded :(

Hey guys, loving this thread. Long time reader, just joined today :-D

Agree with the people giving out about communication being cut completely,no explanation, it's so frustrating! That's happened me twice now :-(

I went on a date with another guy before that, and I didn't feel any spark, he texted me after to say he enjoyed the date but if I didn't feel there was a point to meeting up again to just let him know. I said I thought he was lovely, but just not the guy for me, and wished him well, and he said he appreciated the truth and same to me. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

Larianne wrote: »
    Well I think she liked my red dress, so...

:pac:

So a red dress, location Dublin...*goes off to search PoF* :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

missbelle wrote: »
    Hey chatterpillar, the same happened to me. was supposed to meet a guy on a Sunday day date, and he texted about 7pm the sat to say something had come up and he'd like to reschedule. A month on, I'm still waiting :eek:

To be fair to the lad, he did sound genuine, and hopefully we'll meet up next weekend.

I'm just grouchy about it because I was looking forward to meeting him. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I'm confused, why did she ask you for 100euro??

To be fair to the lad, he did sound genuine, and hopefully we'll meet up next weekend.

I'm just grouchy about it because I was looking forward to meeting him. :o

Ah I hope he does reschedule :) I just know how disappointing it is, but keep us posted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

What a using b!tch!!
    She may be broke, thats her problem, not yours.
    When I was younger my boyriend at the time used to top up my credit so he could text me, but I'd never bloody ask him.
    Pembily wrote: »

I cant understand that notion either, unless it was prositution

She wasnt working and said she needed the money to pay bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

She wasnt working and said she needed the money to pay bills.
    But you had just met her??? Yikes!

But you had just met her??? Yikes!

I guess she was looking for an easy meal ticket but she can get some other sap if she wants that. People like that make me very cynical.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Even in a relationship that kind of behaviour of asking someone for money is just...wrong!

you've had a lucky escape I reckon, Galwayguy!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

I guess she was looking for an easy meal ticket but she can get some other sap if she wants that. People like that make me very cynical.

The sad thing is she may well find that sap :(

I guess its a sign I'm in denial about getting older when I think someone online is a bit old when I see his age and then realise he's only 4 years older than me :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Advice for girls, when a fella asks a question to make conversation, don't just answer the question and say no more. Why do most do this? :pac:

Samich wrote: »
    Advice for girls, when a fella asks a question to make conversation, don't just answer the question and say no more. Why do most do this? :pac:

Aww...I always try to continue the conversation (If I'm enjoying the banter,that is!) otherwise that kinda cuts off communication if I just answer the Question :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

They are probably just being polite tbh.

They are probably just being polite tbh.

No it's like they don't have a brain to think :P

i.e I'd mention something on their profile and comment on it, maybe say something about myself and then ask a question to finish, and all the do is answer the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

No it's like they don't have a brain to think :P

i.e I'd mention something on their profile and comment on it, maybe say something about myself and then ask a question to finish, and all the do is answer the question.

I do the same sometimes. More often than not, I get a reply or two with a question thrown in here and there to keep some sort of conversation going.

I hope the question wasn't, "Would you like a picture of my penis?" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

They do it when they're not that interested in talking.

sharper wrote: »
    They do it when they're not that interested in talking.

They usually stop replying when I send my pic though, so thought this meant something else :P

You should have the photos up originally, I won't reply if I can't see who I'm talking to :D

missbelle wrote: »
    You should have the photos up originally, I won't reply if I can't see who I'm talking to :D

They ask for a pic, I send it, I get no reply. Simples.

• Advertisement

They ask for a pic, I send it, I get no reply. Simples.
    I'm just saying, if someone messages me who has a photo and I don't like the look of them, I don't reply. May seem mean, but I am there to find someone I fancy. Same way, If I mail someone and don't get a reply, I presume they don't like the look of me :rolleyes:
    Actually I think I've settings so that people must have a photo to contact me, and that way, even if they have private images I can still see them :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement