Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

missbelle wrote: »
    Don't feel down about it lady, I'm sure you're a lovely lady!

Could someone do the same for me, take a peek at my profile for me, any advice? :cool:
    ladylost wrote: »
    I've been reading this great thread for good while now. First post so apologies if it's a bit rambling.

Tried POF before with some success. Took profile down for a while. I created a new one a few weeks back but not having much luck. Changed my profile a few times to no avail. I don't want to put up my pic full time as I recognise way too many work related people and am very private person.

Could I ask if someone would take a look at my profile and let me know what you think. I have contacted a few guys, I include a pic when I do but not getting any replies. I'm not Elle MacPherson but don't think I'm Shrek either. Confidence taking a little battering at the moment :(

o/ I'll have a go if you like. PM me a link to your profile/s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Samich wrote: »
    mutual meet me on a site, chatting, getting on well, she asks for fb, we have 1 mutual friend, she obviously looked through my pics, had a few on site, then says all of a sudden when I said she looked good that she wasn't looking for anything right now. I feel great!!!!!!! :pac:
    Be ready to pounce ;):D
    What site do you find the best so far?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Derek! wrote: »
    Be ready to pounce ;):D
    What site do you find the best so far?
    well the one girl i liked and chatted for a good while was pof, didn't get to meet her though :(

Doing awful really. What about yourself? :)

well the one girl i liked and chatted for a good while was pof, didn't get to meet her though :(

Doing awful really. What about yourself? :)
    what went wrong that you didn't get to meet her?
    I tried POF for a while and had mixed luck with it, I seem to do much better with girls not from my county :confused:
    Tagged I find ok but it's hard to avoid the lunatics and there's so many fake pages on it! And I suppose that's not really a date site.

what went wrong that you didn't get to meet her?
    I tried POF for a while and had mixed luck with it, I seem to do much better with girls not from my county :confused:
    Tagged I find ok but it's hard to avoid the lunatics and there's so many fake pages on it! And I suppose that's not really a date site.

Yes!!! Plenty of girls reply, but hardly any from where I'm from :P

And with the girl, was chatting for ages, texting etc. Getting on great. She started college, agreed to take her out, she liked me alot also I'm sure of it. Texts got less frequent, then she replied back after a few days and said she was busy and exhausted, last text was over a month ago.

She's on boards too but hasn't been online here either, actually PMd her on boards and was chatting, and messaged her on pof, then realised shortly after it was the same person :P

If I wrote down all the characteristics of a girl I'd like she ticked all of them, damn! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Was wondering why the girl I've been talking to hasn't replied. Turned out my last message never sent to her.

Yes!!! Plenty of girls reply, but hardly any from where I'm from :P

And with the girl, was chatting for ages, texting etc. Getting on great. She started college, agreed to take her out, she liked me alot also I'm sure of it. Texts got less frequent, then she replied back after a few days and said she was busy and exhausted, last text was over a month ago.

She's on boards too but hasn't been online here either, actually PMd her on boards and was chatting, and messaged her on pof, then realised shortly after it was the same person :P

If I wrote down all the characteristics of a girl I'd like she ticked all of them, damn! :P
    It's lookin like we'll have to travel my friend :p
    It would be nice if you heard from her again though since it was goin so well for ya.
    Haha it's mad how it ended up bein the same person! what a coincidence, have you tried textin her since you last got one?

It's lookin like we'll have to travel my friend :p
    It would be nice if you heard from her again though since it was goin so well for ya.
    Haha it's mad how it ended up bein the same person! what a coincidence, have you tried textin her since you last got one?

Yep sent 2 or 3 texts since. None in a few weeks now though.

Don't know if something happend her or what? Could be just avoiding me? I don't know :pac: Sure what can ya do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

Yep sent 2 or 3 texts since. None in a few weeks now though.

Don't know if something happend her or what? Could be just avoiding me? I don't know :pac: Sure what can ya do :)

might have met someone else dude... dont mean anything bad

managerman wrote: »
    might have met someone else dude... dont mean anything bad

Could have. Just sucks :P Doesn't help that I can't get chatting to any other nice girls :P

• Advertisement

Could have. Just sucks :P Doesn't help that I can't get chatting to any other nice girls :P

someone will come along! where was this one from? she still on pof?

someone will come along! where was this one from? she still on pof?

nope she deleted her profile while chatting to me.

someone will come along!
    This^^
    You'l find someone Samich, you just have to get back on the horse so to speak :pac:

nope she deleted her profile while chatting to me.

whoops! **** buzz... exactly, need to get back on the donkey

This^^
    You'l find someone Samich, you just have to get back on the horse so to speak :pac:

I've never been on the horse, or near any sort of horse so can't get back up :pac:

I've never been on the horse, or near any sort of horse so can't get back up :pac:
    oops :o
    you will though and you can quote me on that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

asking on behalf of mate. 3 dates,she wants to call it at that, text/phone/in person?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

zuroph wrote: »
    asking on behalf of mate. 3 dates,she wants to call it at that, text/phone/in person?

Ah not text :o Ideally in person, but a phone call would suffice :)
    Hey, at least she is letting him know it's not going anywhere, far better than cut communication :D

zuroph wrote: »

better just to be honest about it all... if she doesnt like him, just tell him! at least he knows without wondering what did he do wrong!

Howay!! She likes me face. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

thanks for the feedback on my profile earlier. Made a couple of changes. Fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

ladylost wrote: »
    thanks for the feedback on my profile earlier. Made a couple of changes. Fingers crossed :)

Kevin Duffy? He gave me some good advice too, nice bloke :)

Kevin Duffy? That man took me out on a date and never called me again. Heartbroken I were... and still am to this day. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

missbelle wrote: »
    Ah not text :o Ideally in person, but a phone call would suffice :)
    Hey, at least she is letting him know it's not going anywhere, far better than cut communication :D

I second that! Im the type of person that will be honest and let the guy know if its not going to work out rather than ignore him.
    Its been done to me, the meeting a guy for say a month or 2 and then out of the blue, no contact from him. Its not nice as you're left wondering, hmm what did i do wrong etc.. Its a cowardly act if you ask me :( But it happens all the time :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

That_Guy wrote: »
    Kevin Duffy? That man took me out on a date and never called me again. Heartbroken I were... and still am to this day. :pac:

He made me pick up the bill and I didn't even get a good bye hug. The swine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Met someone on plenty of fish a few months ago, didnt work out so back on the single scene again. There's some very nice people on PoF but you have to look damn hard.

Deliberating at present as to whether to take a break from it for a while or reactivate profile.

Never really took to OKC, something about it I dont like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭ruthiepie

Ok need some males to look at my POF profile, not getting the people i want emailing me so just have deleted my info and started again... but thats where the problem starts, i'm having brain freeze and don't think im coming across great or even that there's enough info, so would really appreciate the male opinion :D

He made me pick up the bill and I didn't even get a good bye hug. The swine.

You've been hurt too. :(

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

ruthiepie wrote: »
    Ok need some males to look at my POF profile, not getting the people i want emailing me so just have deleted my info and started again... but thats where the problem starts, i'm having brain freeze and don't think im coming across great or even that there's enough info, so would really appreciate the male opinion :D

PM me your profile and I'll do my best!

Ended things today with a girl I'd been seeing for the last few weeks. Lovely girl but I just did not see it going any further. So I guess I'm back fishing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭ruthiepie

C.D. wrote: »
    PM me your profile and I'll do my best!

Ended things today with a girl I'd been seeing for the last few weeks. Lovely girl but I just did not see it going any further. So I guess I'm back fishing!

Thanks, il send you PM there. That sucks about the girl, but when you know its going no where, no point in dragging it out and wasting each others time... Who knows what fish you might catch next!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement