Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

ruthiepie wrote: »
    Ok need some males to look at my POF profile, not getting the people i want emailing me so just have deleted my info and started again... but thats where the problem starts, i'm having brain freeze and don't think im coming across great or even that there's enough info, so would really appreciate the male opinion :D

Only one problem with getting the opinions of different males.....some (or all) may not be "your type" and thus wont be giving you advice that will help you get the people you want to mail you.

Speaking from my experience, I got a couple of girls I know to spruce up my profile and the messages went from a trickle to virtually non-existant :D Different strokes for different folks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭ruthiepie

Only one problem with getting the opinions of different males.....some (or all) may not be "your type" and thus wont be giving you advice that will help you get the people you want to mail you.

Speaking from my experience, I got a couple of girls I know to spruce up my profile and the messages went from a trickle to virtually non-existant :D Different strokes for different folks!!

See that's another thing I wouldn't have even thought of, sure i don't mind, male or female, if they want to give me an opinion... im open to all..... at the moment im getting messages but just nothing of interest so def if any other females want to check it out, could be good to get that point of view!!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

ruthiepie wrote: »
    See that's another thing I wouldn't have even thought of, sure i don't mind, male or female, if they want to give me an opinion... im open to all..... at the moment im getting messages but just nothing of interest so def if any other females want to check it out, could be good to get that point of view!!

Sure PM the profile and i'll give my tuppence worth! But if it works out, I expect commission :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭ruthiepie

Sure PM the profile and i'll give my tuppence worth! But if it works out, I expect commission :D

Perfect will do, jeez the way im going at the moment, all of boards will know my page!! :D
    At the moment, commission on nothing is nothing but hopefully we can improve on that!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it annoying when people have 'prefer not to say' on their profile? The moment I see it on a guys profile, I just discount them, especially if it's on the 'children' section, because I presume it means that they don't want children at all, and are just afraid to say it straight out. Which is grand if you don't want children, but why are they afraid to be honest about it?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 lilyjclare

Hi all, I have been on POF for 4 months, went on some nice dates. About a month ago this guy contacted me daily and seemed really nice. He asked to go out on date and I say i would when i returned from holiday. When i got back from holiday I texted him and he responded on pof site which i think is odd, then I responded and I have not heard from him any more even though he has been online. I dont understand why this guy cant tell me sorry no longer interested but instead he is been rude.

I am thinking of giving up site and maybe joining a fee paying one. what site would you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

lilyjclare wrote: »
    Hi all, I have been on POF for 4 months, went on some nice dates. About a month ago this guy contacted me daily and seemed really nice. He asked to go out on date and I say i would when i returned from holiday. When i got back from holiday I texted him and he responded on pof site which i think is odd, then I responded and I have not heard from him any more even though he has been online. I dont understand why this guy cant tell me sorry no longer interested but instead he is been rude.

I am thinking of giving up site and maybe joining a fee paying one. what site would you recommend?

I'd assume that guy has a g/f to be honest. Replying on POF to a text...either he's got no phone credit/web texts or he's just after the attention. I was on POF, I have a friend on it. I'm not sure if the pay for sites are much better to be honest. I gave up on Online Dating altogether. It didn't suit me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭liz2

lilyjclare wrote: »

Hi there, well to be honest ive had the same problem with pof but you'll get that anywhere.. I did try connecting singles & even though you'll see alot of the same faces on it, the guys on there seem a bit nicer :confused: i can't explain that one lol

As for the being rude bit.. oh i hear ya :rolleyes: Im blue in the face from wingeing about that..:P
    But look, i know its not nice but aren't you as well off without him now, he's showing his true colours at the start ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lilyjclare

Your are correct, I can see his true colours now but really annoying as I find it so hard to find guy I connect with:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Samich wrote: »
    I've never been on the horse, or near any sort of horse so can't get back up :pac:

I'm sorry dude, but i "lol'd".

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

mariebeth wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does anyone else find it annoying when people have 'prefer not to say' on their profile? The moment I see it on a guys profile, I just discount them, especially if it's on the 'children' section, because I presume it means that they don't want children at all, and are just afraid to say it straight out. Which is grand if you don't want children, but why are they afraid to be honest about it?:confused:

They may not know if they want children yet or not ffs, and if it's some 23 year old kid it's the very last thing on his mind either way!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I'm sorry dude, but i "lol'd".

It's cool ;) It doesn't bother me really, :P
    managerman wrote: »
    whoops! **** buzz... exactly, need to get back on the donkey

And she deleted it while she was talking to me, as in she said she didn't like it, but we still text and chatted online. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Feeling down today, decided I needed a bit of a pick me up on the love life scene, So I logged into the oul OKC and am after writing some of the most nonsensical rubbish of a message to a girl that I know wouldn't have any interest in me, but shure fúck it, I might as well!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

mariebeth wrote: »

I am 25 and I honestly don't know if I want children. Why am I "afraid to be honest"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

I am 25 and I honestly don't know if I want children. Why am I "afraid to be honest"?

On plentyoffish, the options include "prefer not to say" and also "undecided/open". "prefer not to say" suggests the person knows whether they want children or not. Of course it could just be that they didn't spot the "undecided/open" option as it's at the bottom of the list :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

hollypink wrote: »
    On plentyoffish, the options include "prefer not to say" and also "undecided/open". "prefer not to say" suggests the person knows whether they want children or not. Of course it could just be that they didn't spot the "undecided/open" option as it's at the bottom of the list :p

Another reason why POF is awful :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

That_Guy wrote: »
    Kevin Duffy? That man took me out on a date and never called me again. Heartbroken I were... and still am to this day. :pac:

It's not you, it's me....wait...no, it turns out it is you....
    He made me pick up the bill and I didn't even get a good bye hug. The swine.

It's 'cos of this;

My clock is ticking Parker, I can't wait around forever while you make up your mind you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Panthro wrote: »
    Feeling down today, decided I needed a bit of a pick me up on the love life scene, So I logged into the oul OKC and am after writing some of the most nonsensical rubbish of a message to a girl that I know wouldn't have any interest in me, but shure fúck it, I might as well!!:pac:

:D

:o Having second thoughts about going on this date on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

I really give up on the whole thing, I either get the sex mad guys or the ones who are extremely clingy, as in sending 4 or 5 messages even when I'm offline

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

missbelle wrote: »
    Kevin Duffy? He gave me some good advice too, nice bloke :)

yes Kevin Duffy and a couple of other nice guys on here. All very helpful. Did a little work on it last night so let's see :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

ladylost wrote: »
    yes Kevin Duffy and a couple of other nice guys on here. All very helpful. Did a little work on it last night so let's see :)

Oooohhhh....can I look? Can I?? Feckit, I'm looking anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Larianne wrote: »
    :D

:o Having second thoughts about going on this date on Friday.

Why?Sure its hardly any harm in meeting him for a beer or two is it?

Why?Sure its hardly any harm in meeting him for a beer or two is it?

Ah, yeah but I really don't have good luck when it comes to these dating situations..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Ah, yeah but I really don't have good luck when it comes to these dating situations..

Just think about all of the ones who can't get dates, like us! :P

Oooohhhh....can I look? Can I?? Feckit, I'm looking anyway!
    you'd done it before I even saw this but you may as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Name one thing you have to lose missy?????
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Otis :eek: Go for it Larianne :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained :confused:

Samich wrote: »
    Just think about all of the ones who can't get dates, like us! :P

oh sorry. Didn't mean to be any way showy or whatever about it. Just haven't had any luck and well its just disheartening, ya know. Think its me at this stage!

Money! :pac:

Yeah true..
    missbelle wrote: »
    Otis :eek: Go for it Larianne :D

Yeah, by the time Friday comes I'll be looking foward for a drink. Its just a bit of an emotional rollercoaster. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

indeed, just look at me... few weeks ago was kicking myself about one that gave me her no didnt reply to my txt...... turned out I had one number wrong, we had a second date earlier and have a 3rd one arranged for next week :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement