Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

MudSkipper wrote: »
    indeed, just look at me... few weeks ago was kicking myself about one that gave me her no didnt reply to my txt...... turned out I had one number wrong, we had a second date earlier and have a 3rd one arranged for next week :D

stories like that give me a little hope.. thanks and good luck with D3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

got shot down by my IRL date from last thurs week. told me she had a fantastic time but didnt think she had time for something right now.
    back to square one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

zuroph wrote: »
    got shot down by my IRL date from last thurs week. told me she had a fantastic time but didnt think she had time for something right now.
    back to square one.
    Is this someone you met on a dating website?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

booboo88 wrote: »
    Is this someone you met on a dating website?

nope, this was a friend of a friend that I took a chance on and asked out for a drink. Had heard she was looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

zuroph wrote: »
    nope, this was a friend of a friend that I took a chance on and asked out for a drink. Had heard she was looking.

Oi get out of here with your 'real life people' dates!! :eek:;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Some of the questions on OKC are mental.
    Would you perform a "rape" act with your partner?

WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I got asked if I'd be willing to cut my partner during sex if they asked me to! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

Well thats me done, accounts on POF and OKC canceled last night.

kieranfitz wrote: »
    Well thats me done, accounts on POF and OKC canceled last night.

Because of good news we hope. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I got asked if I'd be willing to cut my partner during sex if they asked me to! :confused:

:eek:

wtf :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

:eek:

wtf :pac:

I know!

... I mean, it's not like they'd need to ask! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

That_Guy wrote: »
    Would you perform a "rape" act with your partner?

WTF?

I'd say the user that submitted that has a few issues!

I know!

... I mean, it's not like they'd need to ask! :p

Chatter im seeign a whole new side of things :eek:

to you I'm quite scared ...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Chatter im seeign a whole new side of things :eek:

to you I'm quite scared ...:eek:

Different stroke for different folks :eek:
    (Goes searching for Chatter on sites to block) :)

Dovies wrote: »
    Different stroke for different folks :eek:
    (Goes searching for Chatter on sites to block) :)

Im all for different strokes :pac:

but theres a little bit of line there some were :)

just i don't like blood I'm squeamish :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

That_Guy wrote: »

WTF?

The question I've seen is:

"Would you consider roleplaying out a rape fantasy with partner who asked you to?"

What's wrong it as a match question? If you're against the idea you can answer "No" and set the importance to high.

I'd say the user that submitted that has a few issues!

It's not a fantasy I share but I wouldn't assume a person who does "has issues". There's no accounting for what turns people on and deciding that anything even a little outside the norm is a mental disorder is very Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

PK is far from one of those people,but yeah I wouldn't consider the rape fantasy that odd

PK is far from one of those people

Sorry yes, what I mean the attitude is the kind common in Ireland not that PK is of that mindset :D I think there's a big difference between "Not something I'm into" and "Not something I would do" as well as between those and "There's something wrong with anyone who would do it".

Most people reflexively go for the latter when it's the most extreme position.

The thing with the crazy questions on okc is this: If you ask 10 people to pick their top 5 crazy questions you'll get 50 different questions. If something appears crazy to you then the reason it's there is so you can filter people who don't think it's crazy (and vice-versa). If the questions were limited to thinks people broadly agree on it then it'd be useless!

sharper wrote: »

"Would you consider roleplaying out a rape fantasy with partner who asked you to?"

What's wrong it as a match question? If you're against the idea you can answer "No" and set the importance to high.

Was just a bit taken aback by it. Wasn't a question that I was expecting to be honest. Just found it a tad strange but each to their own.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

sharper wrote: »

The words "fantasy" and "roleplay" are extremely important and make that a different question to the one above. I don't give a shít what people do and I am fully aware that rape fantasies are enjoyed by many partners.

My comment was mainly tongue in cheek anyway. Issues probably not the right word. But regardless, it is a bit odd to submit it as a match question. Roleplay like that is hardly the first thing I'd think of when starting dating, so I'd raise an eyebrow at anybody that would consider it a "must".

But regardless, it is a bit odd to submit it as a match question.

There's something like 2000 questions in there, a lot of them are awful. There's at least 10 separate questions asking how many times a day you wash/shower and a bunch with near unintelligible grammar.

Personally I'm more taken aback by the bad grammar ones than the rape ones.

I have mentioned I'm a bit odd already haven't I? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

theboss85, this is a thread to discuss experiences of online dating, its not a dating site. post deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭timmy880

2000? Jesus. I didn't think there were that many. I gave up after around 100!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭timmy880

Nice one Sam!

the_boss85: cheeky fecker :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 the_boss85

Not cheeky at all! I just didn't know, it was my first post.

Seems like all of the online dating websites have their flaws but Plenty of Fish is probably the best one to meet Irish girls??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Well there's 632 pages of debate on that, better get reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Wonder if King Henry met anyone in the end? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

what was your response?!!

• Advertisement

managerman wrote: »
    what was your response?!!

like they'd have to ask :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement