Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Keep the faith! I haven't really been talking to anyone this week much, got a few messages of ones I'm not interested in - is it best to reply politely, or just ignore (which I've done so far)??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Id like to remind people that this thread is NOT here to try and pick up guy's/gal's.

Whatever ye do via PM is yer own business but please keep it to PM only.

Cheers.

[cough]

it does happen though!! :D;):p

[/cough]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

missbelle wrote: »
    Keep the faith! I haven't really been talking to anyone this week much, got a few messages of ones I'm not interested in - is it best to reply politely, or just ignore (which I've done so far)??

Hmm there are various opinions on this. A polite 'thanks but don't think we are a match' seems to be the favourite response. However that can lead to not so nice responses from them which is the point you block. You can just ignore too - entirely up to you really. No response is a response! ;)

Ok so been using pof for a while now and need to know since when has fat become average?!

Last two dates didnt last long as they used really old photos and have put on a lot of weight since.

Think its time to delete profile!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭timmy880

I've always wondered why people dont add each other on FB before their date. You get to see their latest pics and can find out a bit about their personality as well.... Just a thought! It would definitely sort out the putting old pics on their profile dilemma....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

timmy880 wrote: »
    I've always wondered why people dont add each other on FB before their date. You get to see their latest pics and can find out a bit about their personality as well.... Just a thought! It would definitely sort out the putting old pics on their profile dilemma....

Because FB is for family and friends not strangers. I never even give out my surname unless we have met and are going to meet again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Ok so been using pof for a while now and need to know since when has fat become average?!

I reckon it's a sad fact but fat actually IS average now, statistically speaking. So they are not really being mathematically disingenuous, although the old photo thing is a bit sly.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭timmy880

Ok Dovies thanks for clearing that up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Saw this on one girl's profile:
    I'm sick of going to bars and clubs trying to meet people. Really want to get out of that scene. Would really like to get to know somebody outside of a bar or club

First date:
    Few drinks and then head on to a club

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

can anyone give me advice on how quick im suppose to ask someone to go for a coffee or a drink etc.. would it be within a few messages we exchanged or within a few days? i feel when i wait a few days i miss an opportunity but dont want to look to keen.

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Saw this on one girl's profile:

First date:

:pac:

*rushes to POF to amend profile details* :D

Why would you want to go to a club on a 1st date :confused: few drinks in a quietish bar, yes, but clubbing no methinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

Dovies wrote: »
    timmy880 wrote: »

Because FB is for family and friends not strangers. I never even give out my surname unless we have met and are going to meet again!

I agree with Dovies I don't like the idea of a stranger having such access to information and photos of me. I did before add a guy I was chatting to and never again. Got questions about a mutual friend we had and some other Qs that just felt strange that I didnt know this person but they had all this info available to them. Now once I've met them ive no problem adding them.

Plus I've learnt now not to 100% rely on photos. I'd say about 3 guys I met looked much better than the photos they had up. I felt like saying to one of them 'your photos do you no justice at all'!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Date cancelled (he warned me yesterday he might have to..) Damn it. So looking forward to pints... not so much the date. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Larianne wrote: »
    Date cancelled (he warned me yesterday he might have to..) Damn it. So looking forward to pints... not so much the date. :pac:

Take a bottle of Vodka home with ya :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

i keep on getting stalked on ok cupid bye girls on ok cupid :eek:

Im not trying to be big headed one girl keeps checking me out :eek:

amacachi wrote: »
    Take a bottle of Vodka home with ya :P

Erm, no. :cool: :pac:

Damn it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Must be the season for it. I had one cancelled last night as well. That's 2 cancellations in a week. Well allegedly to be rescheduled...we shall see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Erm, no. :cool: :pac:

Damn it!

Why not? You look like you can handle it. I assume. :pac:

Must be the season for it. I had one cancelled last night as well. That's 2 cancellations in a week. Well allegedly to be rescheduled...we shall see!

Well he did warn me yesterday he might have to cancel so its okay.

That's crappy PK. Look at you with the two dates (albeit cancelled) in the one week. :pac:
    amacachi wrote: »
    Why not? You look like you can handle it. I assume. :pac:

I'm just dying for pints, not vodka pints!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Well he did warn me yesterday he might have to cancel so its okay.

That's crappy PK. Look at you with the two dates (albeit cancelled) in the one week. :pac:

There's probably a really dirty "bird in the hand" joke that could be made about 2 cancelled dates :P

Anywho...should add that both of mine also said they may have to cancel, so I wasn't messed about. So that was grand. It only gets annoying if they tell you about 20 minutes beforehand.

• Advertisement

It only gets annoying if they tell you about 20 minutes beforehand.

Or late Sat evening when you decided not to head out that night so you would be nice & hangover-free meeting them on the Sunday! :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Sitting in home alone(again!). SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE:rolleyes::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Sitting in home alone(again!). SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE:rolleyes::(

Is it worse than being out surrounded by couples? For some reason they're everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

i keep on getting stalked on ok cupid bye girls on ok cupid :eek:

Im not trying to be big headed one girl keeps checking me out :eek:
    Message her so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Pembily wrote: »
    Message her so :)

being honest NO.

she can message me if she's that interested Im putting my foot down :cool:

Altho I've come to a conclusion that maybe i should go after women ith similar interest then me... Some times on okc especially you can kinda get wrapped up in the hole match were is great that you match in what ever it is you do but.. have about as much in common as a kick in the head theres no point trying to chat...

being honest NO.

she can message me if she's that interested Im putting my foot down :cool:

Altho I've come to a conclusion that maybe i should go after women ith similar interest then me... Some times on okc especially you can kinda get wrapped up in the hole match were is great that you match in what ever it is you do but.. have about as much in common as a kick in the head theres no point trying to chat...

Oh, don't go by those matching systems... if their profile interests you, mail them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

I find the way it works is that a low match is a good indication you won't get along, a high match means you might get along but there's no guarantee. Anything above 60% is usually fine but it depends on which things you answered differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Oops I replied to a message on pof on my mobile and accidentally sent it three times! (It seemed to be hanging so I cancelled and clicked 'send' again). I hope he doesnt think I'm a wierdo when he sees 3 messages from me haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Little Miss Lady

I've been on and off dating sites with mixed success
    Unfortunately friends settling down and having babies so tend not to go out and avenues to meet new people are getting less and less.
    I am considering joining online again, even just to get back out dating again but can I ask what the general opinion is on a woman who has been on a dating site on and off over the past two years?
    Like would you consider that there is something wrong with them if they've not been snapped up or am I incorrect with this?
    Just wondering as I don't want to embarrass myself either..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

Like would you consider that there is something wrong with them if they've not been snapped up or am I incorrect with this?

I hope not! If so I might as well go live in the mountains alone right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement