Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

sharper wrote: »
    Like would you consider that there is something wrong with them if they've not been snapped up or am I incorrect with this?

I hope not! If so I might as well go live in the mountains alone right now.

I'm already there no room for you go find a tree... :p

I just got asked am I really 30 ?

Shoul I be smug ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

I'm already there no room for you go find a tree... :p

The guy living under the last free rock told me the trees were the first to go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Very eager beavers on POF today!:eek:

Larianne wrote: »
    Oh, don't go by those matching systems... if their profile interests you, mail them. :)

nah I don't think she my type if you no what I mean :)
    I find the way it works is that a low match is a good indication you won't get along, a high match means you might get along but there's no guarantee. Anything above 60% is usually fine but it depends on which things you answered differently.

Im getting on just fine with a girl who's 80% enemy :D i really think it depends on the peoples... interests more so then a bunch of question that don't mean anything :)

The guy living under the last free rock told me the trees were the first to go :(

he's trying to keep them for his mates ;)

from now on il be

Snow-Goatie :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I just got asked am I really 30 ?

Shoul I be smug ?

I dunno man I got ID'd three times in the last two weeks.

I am 29 :(

There was a bouncer in Kilkenny who used to call me 'Dorian' ha ha...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Never got ANY messages on POF

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

2nd time in a week a girl from a site asked for my fb and then stopped talking.

1st one was all chat on the site, then on fb no chat really at all. Then comes out with "I'm not looking for anything" line out of no where.

2nd one then getting on savage on the site asks to add me. She heads to bed then cos she said she had work?

Look today and she's deleted me. Feels good that.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭miec

Personally I would not add someone from a dating site to my fb account, not unless it turns into something meaningful.

miec wrote: »
    Personally I would not add someone from a dating site to my fb account, not unless it turns into something meaningful.

Well it's obviously down to them looking at my pics.

Only had 2 on the dating site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

Samich wrote: »
    Well it's obviously down to them looking at my pics.

Only had 2 on the dating site.
    Well it's best to have more than one picture on your profile also i wouldn't add anybody on facebook until you met them face to face because they will have access to all your information.

finipops wrote: »
    Well it's best to have more than one picture on your profile also i wouldn't add anybody on facebook until you met them face to face because they will have access to all your information.

No point meeting either if they're not interested when ya meet and then them saying I look diff in the pics.

I have 2 pics of my face up taken from a webcam.

Just not nice when you know people like your personality but not your looks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

Samich wrote: »
    No point meeting either if they're not interested when ya meet and then them saying I look diff in the pics.

I have 2 pics of my face up taken from a webcam.

Just not nice when you know people like your personality but not your looks.
    Make sure also that the pictures are close up face shots and good quality because some webcams can be rubbish. And try two sites like okcupid and pof that way you'll have more chances.

finipops wrote: »
    Make sure also that the pictures are close up face shots and good quality because some webcams can be rubbish. And try two sites like okcupid and pof that way you'll have more chances.

The 2 pics were very close, I didn't even think they're good pics. Must be better than I thought they were :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭LollieB

just back home and snuggled in bed from an unmitigated disaster of a date. Let's just say that profile pics & descriptions can be incredibly misleading at times. This one proudly told me about his joyriding adventures with the lads, his most recent jaunt ending with burning the car out 'cos the fella who owned it was a "d*ckhead". I bolted!

Online profile has been deleted, am going to stick to real life dating for the time being when I decided to throw myself back out there!

It's been an eye opening experience, sometimes great fun, some great people out there but I seem to be adept at picking the weird/desperate ones and the criminals.

Good luck & good night- never so happy to see my bed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

LollieB wrote: »
    just back home and snuggled in bed from an unmitigated disaster of a date. Let's just say that profile pics & descriptions can be incredibly misleading at times. This one proudly told me about his joyriding adventures with the lads, his most recent jaunt ending with burning the car out 'cos the fella who owned it was a "d*ckhead". I bolted!
    Online profile has been deleted, am going to stick to real life dating for the time being when I decided to throw myself back out there!

It's been an eye opening experience, sometimes great fun, some great people out there but I seem to be adept at picking the weird/desperate ones and the criminals.

Good luck & good night- never so happy to see my bed!

Get the boat! No way! Ha, jaysis, what kind loon would think that was an attractive hobby?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Oh god LollieB that sounds horrendous!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

OK, I've had dates with 14 different women and still no joy. Should I be worried or is there anyone out there who has dated that many?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

OK, I've had dates with 14 different women and still no joy. Should I be worried or is there anyone out there who has dated that many?
    Oh that does seem like a generous number.but if you're happy to keep going then do.

Cheers for the reply. Self confidence is pretty much destroyed. Never ask for sex, always the gentleman, chatty and not bad looking. Isn't that what women want?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I don't blame you. What women want is a little hard to explain,but yeah those things are part of it. Though there is no generic description I could give of a guy that would suit every woman,and vice versa i'm sure. It's unfortunately a numbers game it seems.

Isn't that what women want?

The chemistry side of things freaks me out - two people can be completely perfect for each other on paper and feel nothing when they talk to each other. Being polite etc is good but really it's a lack of a negative rather than a positive when it comes to attraction.

I mean it when I say it knocks the confidence. It's been a lot of women at this stage. When there clearly was chemistry (it took me ages to understand what it was) they ran and hid. I'm thinking that women go on these sites to treat men like crap because they themselves have been treated like crap by men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Just because you thought there was chemistry doesnt mean there was mate.

Your thinking is also way off.Every single woman Ive met through online dating has been genuine.Nothing romantic happened with most but that doesnt matter,they were all good people.You seem to be taking it personally because the ones you've met havnt been into you.It happens.

Your thinking is also way off.Every single woman Ive met through online dating has been genuine.Nothing romantic happened with most but that doesnt matter,they were all good people.You seem to be taking it personally because the ones you've met havnt been into you.It happens.

It's happened 14 times now mate??

I second this. You could be overanalysing the interactions with the girls, seeing chemistry when it isn't there because you simply want it to be there. I've done it myself, countless times.

You've had a bad run with the online dating, it's down to half chance half choice. It does knock your confidence but you can't let your self esteem or self confidence lie in other people's opinions of you.

It's not fair to say that women specifically go on these sites to treat men like crap as revenge. TBH I find that attitude really off putting and if you think that of women on dating sites, then it could be coming across in your messages and your language when you meet up for dates. You said in a previous post that your profile was a bit ranty with regards to time wasting women on these sites, again that attitude can come across as off putting.

Maybe online dating is not for you, nothing wrong with that. Or else keep trying and use a different tactic with messages or your expectations. The only common denominator with these fourteen girls you that met is you- I don't mean that harshly.

I think u gotta keep a level head with regards to online dating.... I realise in age were a lot of people want to meet the right person and have something g special while others like there own company.

Just because it seems like your banging your head against a brick wall maybe take a break from it....

I just wanna no why message me and the. Delete your profile ? :s

It's happened 14 times now mate??

Is it really that surprising that out of 14 people you didn't hit it off with any of them? I think you were doing pretty well to even get 14 people interested enough to dedicate an evening to getting to know you better!

Oh yeah it's nice to get 14 people interested in me but to be knocked back 14 times is another side of the story. And I don't think I'm being aggressive in my profile by mentioning I don't like time wasters.....who does like them?

• Advertisement

I never mentioned the word aggressive Awful_Bliss, I simply said that it can be off putting to people, in my opinion.

As regards to "time wasters", sometimes it's intentional (i.e. people looking for an ego boost) but I think it's mostly unintentional- you can be emailing someone back and forth and just lose interest over time.

As regards to meeting up with people- it's all too easy to build up your idea of a person based on their online pictures and profile. Sometimes they live up to expectations, sometimes they exceed your expectations and sometimes they are spectacularly different to what you thought.

You're obviously appealing to some women- you've had fourteen dates after all. So what's happening when you meet up with them- are you coming across too strongly? Are you trying to be "what women want" rather than yourself? Trying to be helpful here, not trying to put you down. People pick up on these things straight away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement