Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

They should have one on boards. The thread format works well for advertising, why not for dating?

I know people have suggested this before, but if it was a private forum that people had to request access to and satisfy a mod as to their identity and good character and they're not going to stalk the bejaysis outa them.... alternatively use a unique username for the dating forum that cannot be linked to your boards one - again if stalking is an issue.

I'm impartial mind you. Just sayin is all. Just sayin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

That sounds like a fair bit of work. I'm not sure you could guarantee people would not be linked to their usual boards username.

How would you satisfy that somebody is of good character?!

It would never work IMO in any way shape or form to have an actual dating site connected to Boards. As it is, people can PM each other anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

i dunno. boards dating has been apparently thought through and turned down. i'm sure they have their reasons.

i dunno. boards dating has been apparently thought through and turned down. i'm sure they have their reasons.

Dealing with people getting turned down (as in somebody getting the hump at somebody that turned them down), online stalking, rows, heartbreak etc would all be valid reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

You could say that about any dating website.

It's probably not worth their while, but they have a captive market already - why not?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Sky King wrote: »
    You could say that about any dating website.

It's probably not worth their while, but they have a captive market already - why not?

Mods don't work for boards, where as dating sites would have employees. Has potential to take up too much time.

Sky King wrote: »

Don't shít where you eat post :P

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I've just deleted my account:eek: Literally been getting hardly any mails in the past few weeks, any guy that did mail me was more looking for a penpal! :mad:
    *runs to cat shelter to adopt cats!*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

newbee22 wrote: »
    I've just deleted my account:eek: Literally been getting hardly any mails in the past few weeks, any guy that did mail me was more looking for a penpal! :mad:
    *runs to cat shelter to adopt cats!*
    Im adoptable too:o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

I deleted my account today too. Don't think the guys I came across on POF were really serious about wanting to date or maybe it was just me they didn't want to meet. I gave it my best shot (besides not putting up a pic). I made the effort to contact guys and I think I got one reply from the 5 or 6 I contacted. I was getting very little guy initiated contact. I either had guys who wanted a pen pal or went straight to commenting on my anatomy when I sent a pic and telling me how "good" theirs was. Back to the drawing board. Fed up of being single but POF not the answer for me! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

ladylost wrote: »
    I deleted my account today too. Don't think the guys I came across on POF were really serious about wanting to date or maybe it was just me they didn't want to meet. I gave it my best shot (besides not putting up a pic). I made the effort to contact guys and I think I got one reply from the 5 or 6 I contacted. I was getting very little guy initiated contact. I either had guys who wanted a pen pal or went straight to commenting on my anatomy when I sent a pic and telling me how "good" theirs was. Back to the drawing board. Fed up of being single but POF not the answer for me! :(
    That could be one of the reasons you weren't getting as many mails because most people go for the profiles with pictures because without pictures most of the profiles don't stand out.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

finipops wrote: »
    That could be one of the reasons you weren't getting as many mails because most people go for the profiles with pictures because without pictures most of the profiles don't stand out.

Yeah possibly but for personal reasons was not willing to put up a pic full time. I was very forth coming with a pic when I contacted any guy or if they contacted me.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Deleting the ol POF tomorrow too. Was getting a few replies/chats off girls, even got 2 numbers. But don't think i'm in to the whole dating thing at the moment, just couldn't be arsed. Gonna see how i get on without it. . . . . . . . . Probably will have a new profile by next Monday :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

What does everyone else say in their message subject lines?
    Im just not sure what to put anymore after getting so few response and im worried my messages arent even getting read cus the subject lines dont attract any attention

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

VinLieger wrote: »
    What does everyone else say in their message subject lines?
    Im just not sure what to put anymore after getting so few response and im worried my messages arent even getting read cus the subject lines dont attract any attention

I tend to put nothing in mine or just hey! But then I dont read the subject lines of the messages I get anyway I just open the mail.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 boardzie

Got a message from a GUY today saying "you are hot, are you bi?" :eek:

(i am a straight guy btw lol)

lilyjclare wrote: »
    I know I could ask him out but I am probably old fashioned and want him to ask me me. How long do you think on average it takes for a guy to ask girl out as I dont want a penpal. I do know he is upthe walls in work. Im interested in yuor views.

thanks

As others have said Lily ask him out. Suggest meeting for a drink or even just a coffee. Believe me you arent the only one hes chatting to and one of them will ask him soon enough!! Online dating is no place to be old fashioned! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

boardzie wrote: »
    Got a message from a GUY today saying "you are hot, are you bi?" :eek:

(i am a straight guy btw lol)

Hey a compliment is a compliment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Decided that after an extended period of time I should maybe consider the prospect/possibility of talking to another member of the opposite sex. Anyone interested in giving some honest feedback on a profile? Kind of like the x factor but without the singing, dancing and tabloids.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

POF profile deleted, will give it another bash with renewed interest in the new year. Hopefully work, boards and beer will keep me interested til then :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Nothing happening on my front.

How did peeps dates go at the weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Bumder

Hey decided to join the wonderful world of online dating! I have set up an okcupid account. Im a mid twenties male, any female boardsie willing to do a profile review for me? Much appreciated!

This is a shameless request for someone to look at my pof one also.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

This is a shameless request for someone to look at my pof one also.

PM me the link.

Not on OkC Bumder..

Larianne wrote: »
    PM me the link.

Not on OkC Bumder..

Done. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Bumder wrote: »
    Hey decided to join the wonderful world of online dating! I have set up an okcupid account. Im a mid twenties male, any female boardsie willing to do a profile review for me? Much appreciated!
    Im on okcupid?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

date 3 tomorrow and i'm nervous already.... the good kinda nervous :D

MudSkipper wrote: »
    date 3 tomorrow and i'm nervous already.... the good kinda nervous :D

Wooho go you with your 3rd date!! :D
    I havent been online for over a week so wonder how many mail I will have :confused: - probably none! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Larianne wrote: »
    PM me the link.

Not on OkC Bumder..

Will you look at mine too, Larianne? I'll pm ya the link later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭timmy880

Anybody having any luck this week?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement