Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Has no one watched "The Field"? Never trust an American, they're only after the land. :pac:

hhmmm. She was very keen to get to the West tbf, I wonder....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Deleted my account for the last time :P No good for me.

Anyone any stories of dates from the weekend or any lined up? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Samich wrote: »
    Deleted my account for the last time :P No good for me.

Anyone any stories of dates from the weekend or any lined up? :)

sorry to hear that Samich... would you try another site instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

The only thing is tho, she didnt buy a drink all night. I know some girls are like this but it puts you off meeting them again, the date is twice as expensive that way. Am I being way to tight?

I'd always go 50/50 on my dates and if he wasn't drinking buy all the rounds. Think Americans approach it differently though

ladylost wrote: »
    sorry to hear that Samich... would you try another site instead?

Pretty much been on them all. That's even worse :pac:

Sure what can ya do :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Don't shít where you eat post :P

I totally agree! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

What is the correct approach with someone you are interested in on okc or pof? Is it a simple get to the point type thing and ask if that person would like to meet or is it better to have a long drawn out chat whilst running the risk of a 'conversation' petering out or worse still becoming chat buddies or penpals? I have no idea what approach you are supposed to take. The last time I was 'looking' for someone to go out with was 10 years ago in a night club. Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

What is the correct approach with someone you are interested in on okc or pof? Is it a simple get to the point type thing and ask if that person would like to meet or is it better to have a long drawn out chat whilst running the risk of a 'conversation' petering out or worse still becoming chat buddies or penpals?

Personally you have to go inbetween the two. A bit of a chat and then ask them out. I find if you have long chats and get on really well and then meet and don't hit it off its a bit of a let down whereas if its not too long by email it doesn't seem so bad if you dont get on.

Dont go straight in for the kill though - a bit needy! :D

Dovies wrote: »
    Personally you have to go inbetween the two. A bit of a chat and then ask them out. I find if you have long chats and get on really well and then meet and don't hit it off its a bit of a let down whereas if its not too long by email it doesn't seem so bad if you dont get on.

Dont go straight in for the kill though - a bit needy! :D

Ok, I'm with you. I think. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

date is tonight.. Feeling nervous now.. She was tellin me that she was gettin nervous an I was like nothin to be nervous about, it will be a good night.. An now I'm the one gettin nervous..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭massiveattack

Balfie wrote: »
    date is tonight.. Feeling nervous now.. She was tellin me that she was gettin nervous an I was like nothin to be nervous about, it will be a good night.. An now I'm the one gettin nervous..

Good luck bud hopefully youll get your hole

Haha that made me laugh.. Well done ha :pac: Haha

Romance is alive and well and it lives on boards!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

Good luck indeed!! I second the hole thing!!

Went on my first pof date the other night, no chemistry my side, but a really nice girl, just told her that she wasn't really my type, she was grand about it and we parted ways.. Win some ya lose some!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

A bit of nerves is good. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Larianne wrote: »
    A bit of nerves is good. ;)

I always found it a good Ice breaker well the game that is :pac:

Im not sad I'm saving for a new camera so i can't leave the house :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I always found it a good Ice breaker well the game that is :pac:

Im not sad I'm saving for a new camera so i can't leave the house :o

if i don't spend too much over the next while I may eventually be able to afford the camera I want to buy ..it's not sad! :o

if i don't spend too much over the next while I may eventually be able to afford the camera I want to buy ..it's not sad! :o

I know the feeling it tough Over to the chat thread -_____>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I know the feeling it tough Over to the chat thread -_____>

Oh I missed the bit where you became a mod!

Oh I missed the bit where you became a mod!

:rolleyes:

I was just keeping it on topic chatter no need to draw blood out of stone!

• Advertisement

Anyone any dates to report? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

right, im back!!!!

:(

rejoining the thread after getting dumped via email. i said before i wouldnt get back on the online dating roller coaster but i did meet someone pretty awesome online, we had a lot of fun together and then we broke up for real world reasons so i cant hold it against the internet. i cant see a better way to meet someone that fits the bill with my lifestyle and working hours.

i'll tidy up the profile over the weekend and then start my attack on the single ladies come monday.

may god have mercy on them..

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

Anyone any dates to report? :D

date 3 last week went exceptionally well and now have date no 4 lined up for early next week... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

What's your take on online video dating chaps? Anyone ever try it? Would anyone try it?

Advantage I can see is you actually get to see what the person in 'real life', rather than through questionable/dated photos, etc..

date went amazing.. She's actually amazing, like so easy to talk to, we had the randomest of conversations, an it was great.. Think I'm seeing her again tomorrow or Monday.. all the while there was nothin to be nervous about..

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭miaowsky

So I'm back again....hopefully Mr Right/Mr Right Now will be in this particular batch!

Anyone have any dates planned for tonight or anything? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

Anyone have any dates planned for tonight or anything? :)

Nope and dont think ill be going on any dates for a while :( Feeling a bit jaded about the whole thing. Is it just me or are the guys on Pof getting worse with the whole txt spk. Every message I get is me trying to figure out what the hell their trying to say or worse 'Hey Sexy? Where you from?' type of messages. Like come on the lack of converstation skills(if thats the right word) is shocking :eek:. Now dont shoot me down I know theres girls on it just as bad but I just seem to be getting the worst of guys messaging me. And what is with all the topless photos?? Seen one guy today posing with a beer belly and a nice hairy chest to match :pac:

Think im going to give it a few more days and then take a good long break from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Bumder

I've set up an account on POF now too! If anyone of the female persuasion wouldn't mind having a look at my profile and pointing out the glaring errors before I start sending messages Id appreciate it...though it could be too late..:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Ammsy500 wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the guys on Pof getting worse with the whole txt spk.

I don't think that is a male problem on POF. It seems to attract men and women that prefer text speak and little to no information on their profiles. As I said here earlier in the year, on POF you really are sorting the wheat from the chav :pac:

I gave up on POF very quickly as OKCupid seems to suit me better. The site is organized much better and it seems to attract my type of person. I like having some sort of profile to read to get an idea of the person. The sort of person that has a profile containing just "xoxoxxo....xxxx" seems to happen a lot less there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement