Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

tbh wrote: »
    You owe a townie of mine a pint so ;)

I do not recall this wager...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Galvasean wrote: »
    Thank the Gods the thread has been re-opened!

Remember all that good luck I was having recently? Gone! Ever since this thread closed I have yet to receive a single email and have been getting blanked completely!

Hmmm... the women must be sobering up after the long weekend :/

it never rains but it pours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Thats a good point,the post bank holiday blues SUUUUUUCK.
    Says mr loadsafreetime there :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Dont hate me cos you aint me Stupi.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Hate is such a strong word Otis :D

Had an interesting experience with OKC over the weekend, that dude that emailed me back, all chat, nice and broad subjects chatting till all hours....then he just signs off chat with a "hey so yeah if you ever wanna hook up for a bit of fun like, just drop me a line"....

eh what? That's not what you specified on your profile..:rolleyes:

So a question to the boys - do you ever find yourself being economical with the truth just to get a bit of leeway with the ladies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Glad this thread is open again too. I had an excellent date with a REALLY great girl last night. Without a doubt the nicest girl I've encountered full stop in over a year. Thought I might have blown it by downplaying my interest in her, but we're still texting today, so it looks like she wants to meet again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Tremelo wrote: »
    Glad this thread is open again too. I had an excellent date with a REALLY great girl last night. Without a doubt the nicest girl I've encountered full stop in over a year. Thought I might have blown it by downplaying my interest in her, but we're still texting today, so it looks like she wants to meet again.

Awwwhhh these stories make my heart all warm and fuzzy :)

The Morrigan.....What is with that?Are you sure he meant 'fun' as in bedroom fun??

Hate is such a strong word Otis :D

Had an interesting experience with OKC over the weekend, that dude that emailed me back, all chat, nice and broad subjects chatting till all hours....then he just signs off chat with a "hey so yeah if you ever wanna hook up for a bit of fun like, just drop me a line"....

eh what? That's not what you specified on your profile..:rolleyes:

So a question to the boys - do you ever find yourself being economical with the truth just to get a bit of leeway with the ladies?

How do you mean economical Morri?

As in just signing up looking for sex but dont say it on the profile?

And nice one Tremelo.

panda100 wrote: »
    Awwwhhh these stories make my heart all warm and fuzzy :)

The Morrigan.....What is with that?Are you sure he meant 'fun' as in bedroom fun??

yup he did, cos I asked him what he meant and just went...ya know like casual fun stuff, no strings.
    When I asked him why he didn't have that specified on his profile, he admitted that women prefer guys who want to date/have a relationship.
    :rolleyes:

He logged off then.

I'm aware that peeps will have different needs/wants at different stages of their lives and fair play to them, but don't lie and say you want to date just to get into someones knickers, its a bit underhanded in my opinion.

• Advertisement

How do you mean economical Morri?

As in just signing up looking for sex but dont say it on the profile?

And nice one Tremelo.

Yup.

I don't get it, there are users from both genders looking for casual flings, just sex, casual dating, new friends, longterm etc etc.
    Why do you have say you want to date, when you don't?

I've had this happen more than once over the last few years, sometimes I'm ok with it, other times I'm not. But I always thought the point of a profile was to express who you are and what you want, so you can be matched off accordingly with people who are looking for similar.

I purposely choose to exclude those looking for intimate encounters because its not what I want, but now I find that even the guys who say they want to date - don't! Makes it somewhat redundant.

Its fairly clear though that the men that have looking for intimate encounters on their profile will get little/no mails from females so they change things up,get chatting to people and then make their intentions known and hope for the best.

It is underhanded but its so easy for people to do it can be understandably tempting,ya know.

Its fairly clear though that the men that have looking for intimate encounters on their profile will get little/no mails from females so they change things up,get chatting to people and then make their intentions known and hope for the best.

It is underhanded but its so easy for people to do it can be understandably tempting,ya know.

I suppose I just don't like wasting a whole day/night chatting to a guy and then to find out what he wants is not what is in his profile and he is just hoping he can persuade me to sleep with him.

Tis false advertising, I'm sure I could sue for that...:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Couldn't hate you otis :) not jealous was jobless for over a year.wouldn't like it again. morrigan thats really ****.would make you a little suspicious of others.

Couldn't have you otis :) not jealous was jobless for over a year.wouldn't like it again. morrigan thats really ****.would make you a little suspicious of others.

nah, if the ex couldn't make me give up men, nothin will :D

nah, if the ex couldn't make me give up men, nothin will :D

Exactly!

Feck it,if we gave up on finding a mate because of shytey past experiences there would likely be a helluva lot more singletons out there.

Exactly!

Feck it,if we gave up on finding a mate because of shytey past experiences there would likely be a helluva lot more singletons out there.

Follow the way of The Morrigan, she is a wise one :D

Naw,I prefer the way of OD,its yet to steer me too far wrong!
    ;)

Naw,I prefer the way of OD,its yet to steer me too far wrong!
    ;)

:rolleyes: fine then :P

Do you know that The Morrigan is the Celtic Goddess of war, fate and death and the patroness of revenge, night, magic, prophecy, priestesses and witches.

She's cool :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Veles wrote: »
    She has also been known the Slavic god of of earth, waters and the underworld, associated with dragons, cattle, magic, musicians, wealth and trickery on occasion too :P

See COOL!!!!

I'm a dark goddess, cross me and you'll feel my wrath ;)

mmmwwhhhahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭inexperienced

hey, guys, dont know whether i should put it in RElationship issue or here. but would like to hear some guys' opinions.

im on POF. indeed, i found it quite good, free and loads of different walks of people. im easy and would like to meet in person. for me, i am hoping for a relationship but open to meet people on dates (usually coffee for the first date).

questions1:
    have you ever made good friends from the dating web site? e.g. there is a guy we get on well but both of us said let's stay friends, happy day. and we still do keep contact.

there is another guy, i feel nothing for a guy but think he's nice, would like to have him as a friend but am afriad to lead him on or rejection (as a friend).

questions 2:
    i met another guy i quite like, had 2nd date, he said he would be in contact. we txt in between (but not crazy txting as we are in our mid thirties) dates. so do i wait for him for the suggestion of another date or what? how to 'bridge'????

btw, he usually calls to arrange instead of texting (this is a bonus, txting is a bit teenagers for me anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭inexperienced

also, how do you let down of a gal if you dont really think things would happen? would you go on a second date to see??

i have of course let down guys (e.g. reply txts very late). and been let down by guys as well (same tactics).

btw, i dont agree to dress up for the first date. if a man could not appreciate you in casual and can only apreciate your sexy look, let them go i would say.

Q1 - Yep.There are a couple of girls Ive gotten to know from dating sites that Im still friends with in real life.We chat on facebook or drop eachother the occasional text so its all good.

Q2 - Well you said yourself that ye are both in your mid 30s so there is no reason whatsoever why you shouldnt ask him out on a third date(not that it should matter at any age by the way),what do you have to lose?Its actually well received when the female takes the initiative.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Heya Inexperinced,

you seem to be asking specifically based on your position as oppsed to general discussion with online dating, so I recon, as ya said, you may be better off taking it to the Relationship Issues forum.

If you want to keep the guys as friends because you recon you gel with'em as such, let'em know.

The guy you think you want to stick with a bit more, ask him out on another date.

I agree with Otis.

The last guy I dated from OKC we decided to be friends, it was a better decision than trying to have a relationship that wasn't going to go anywhere! And I've a few contacts in the ole phone book from years gone I still keep in touch with.

Absolutely no reason why you can't pick up the phone or drop him a text along the lines of ,hey I'll be in town on whatever day, do you fancy a spot of lunch or a movie, I've seen the ad for X and wouldn't mind seeing it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

:rolleyes: fine then :P

Do you know that The Morrigan is the Celtic Goddess of war, fate and death and the patroness of revenge, night, magic, prophecy, priestesses and witches.

She's cool :cool:

Do you know that Parker Kent...talks a lot of shyte :pac:

Yeah I can get how annoying it is to think somebody wants to date but just wants a sneaky ride. I can see why he isn't blatant about it on his profile, but still sucks.

Do you know that Parker Kent...talks a lot of shyte :pac:

Yeah I can get how annoying it is to think somebody wants to date but just wants a sneaky ride. I can see why he isn't blatant about it on his profile, but still sucks.

why, yes I did know that!
    :P

I think people should be blatant about it though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I think people should be blatant about it though :D

Being blatant probably gets them nowhere though.

• Advertisement

Being blatant probably gets them nowhere though.

so is this!
    Considering it matches you to similar users its a bit counter productive, cos they ain't similar to anyone in reality.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement